DVC Room Cleaning Schedule

disneynutz

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Trying to figure out when housekeeping will show up can sometimes be a challenge.

Trash and Towel Services For stays of seven or fewer nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four. With this service, Housekeeping will

• Empty the trash and put new liners in the wastebaskets
  • Provide fresh bathroom towels
  • Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, and cream
  • Replenish diswashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, sponges, and laundry detergent as applicable

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash and Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash and Towel Service, plus

• Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/ette and wash the dishes

We found out during our current stay that if you change rooms on the same reservation (we were moved to a different room), housekeeping keeps the original schedule as if you never moved.

Is there detergent in the rooms that don't have laundry equipment (Poly Studio)?

Good info! Lots of people get confused about this...it should be a sticky :)

While there's no detergent in the studio, I believe you can do laundry free of charge in the laundry room.

Good info! Lots of people get confused about this...it should be a sticky :)

While there's no detergent in the studio, I believe you can do laundry free of charge in the laundry room.

Detergent for purchase in laundry room?

Looks like its full service, so you should be able to at least purchase soap. Maybe the mouse provides it sometimes?!

That is true. I also cannot count how many times I have seen people upset or confused because they did not know how it worked.

It was just meant to be helpful :)

Last edited:
We found out during our current stay that if you change rooms on the same reservation (we were moved to a different room), housekeeping keeps the original schedule as if you never moved.
That has not been my experience.

I'm in a BWV studio, they do provide dishwashing liquid. Also shampoo, conditioner, shower gel & body lotion (small bottles). I had trash & towel service today as scheduled, they left another set of bath supplies & soaps.

That has not been my experience.

Housekeeping management told us today that because we kept the same reservation number, their system showed us with T&T on Thursday when we are due a full cleaning on Wednesday, 4 days after our check in to the new room. Based on your experience I guess it's safe to say that anything can happen when it comes to the cleaning schedule.

Last edited:

May I ask if you were moved because you requested it (and paid the cleaning fee) or for problems in the room?

Trying to figure out when housekeeping will show up can sometimes be a challenge.

Trash and Towel Services For stays of seven or fewer nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four. With this service, Housekeeping will

• Empty the trash and put new liners in the wastebaskets
  • Provide fresh bathroom towels
  • Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, and cream
  • Replenish diswashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, sponges, and laundry detergent as applicable

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash and Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash and Towel Service, plus

• Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/ette and wash the dishes

Just be aware that this schedule may not be followed, but if you insist, it will be. Last year I was at Kidani, and on T&T day, I ONLY got T&T, no supply replenishment. Unfortunately, when I called Housekeeping, they said that T&T meant exactly what it said-ONLY T&T-and I was not to get any supply replenishment. So I called DVC, and they read the policy above and said they'd contact Kidani Housekeeping. Next thing I know, a knock on the door and all kinds of supplies-coffee, soap, etc. On our most recent HHI stay, they didn't replenish the coffee, sugar , and cream but everything else. And last year, at BCV, they forgot more toilet paper. That was an interesting week! So be aware that sometimes things get forgotten. Also, be aware that if you mix points stays with Members' Cash stays, it can mess up this schedule. A few weeks ago, we stayed 10 nights in the same villa, but some nights were points, some Members' Cash. In 10 nights, we only got T&T once, and never got a full cleaning.

What should happen and what does happen are entirely different things most trips. We rarely have a stay of 8 or more days that doesn't involve a move, but the cleaning schedule is hit or miss. As is which day is really 4 (etc.) of your stay. Sometimes we get day 4 based on checkin day, sometimes based on our first full day...

Just have low expectations or be ready to call on any day you should get service. We're low key people and as long as we don't run out of TP are pretty easy.

Detergent for purchase in laundry room?
They do but I'll make a suggestion...

I find packing Laundry pods for detergent works better. The detergent is expensive in the laundry room and if I remember right is the powder stuff... which I don't like.

Laundry pods can be put in a zip lock bag in checked luggage (or in a 3-1-1 bag even) and arrive perfect for doing laundry!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but we've never stayed at a DVC resort before.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs but on a cash reservation - not using points. (It's actually a package booked through Disney.) Will we have daily housekeeping services like a regular resort or will it only be the towel and trash service?

Just want to make sure we know what to expect! :)

If you pay cash you get full housekeeping every day like a normal hotel room.
Enjoy your stay!

Adding my 2 cents - I've learned to call mousekeeping early in the stay to ask when I'm scheduled for T & T - they have always accommodated a request for a change of day! We often stay 5 nights, and I can't see the sense in getting clean towels the night before we leave!
And, packing laundry pods works so well - the powdered ones don't go in the 'magic' ziplock bag!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter