Early Entry on Saturday January 20th starts at Disneyland/New Schedule

Why is DCA opened more days for EE than DL?
That is a great question. This is the same way it was before Covid, when the perk was 1-hour per day. DCA was always only for hotel guests, while DL had the Magic Morning early admission for most 3-day or longer tickets plus hotel guests. The reason DCA has 4 days is because of Cars Land. After it opened in 2012, hotel guests wanted the perk of an extra hour to ride Radiator Springs Racers.

It appears DLR has simply kept the same schedule as before Covid, limited it to only hotel guests, and reduced the time to only 30 minutes. The funny thing is that RSR isn't even part of EE anymore and Cars Land has been open for over 10 years. RSR is obviously still popular and the ride many people would want open to EE. RSR is often closed even when the park opens regularly.

Is anyone else not seeing a consistent pattern? Looking in February, I see the following:

DL - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
DCA - Sundays

Mondays and Wednesdays seem to alternate. They are releasing this so late that it makes park reservations and ADRs difficult.

Is anyone else not seeing a consistent pattern? Looking in February, I see the following:

DL - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
DCA - Sundays

Mondays and Wednesdays seem to alternate. They are releasing this so late that it makes park reservations and ADRs difficult.
I'm seeing consistency. Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday is EE at DL. Every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday is EE at DCA. This is the same EE schedule from pre-Covid, so makes sense.

When I look at the calendar it seems to be the same pattern as pre-Covid, M,W,F,Sun @ DCA and T, Th, Sat @ DL

Any reports of how EE lines have been since the switch? Any other changes? I'm still holding out hope for dedicated turnstyles again.

Did early entry yesterday and today. Can’t say that I’ve been impressed. From my post in the Grand Californian Superthread…

We were literally the very first people in line to enter the park (wife took pictures). Since we have a two year old, we went straight to Fantasyland to ride Peter Pan. No go, it was closed. No worries. We went to Alice in Wonderland. Closed. Ok…. We went to Casey Jr. Circus Train. Closed. Ok, this is getting ridiculous. We asked if anything was actually open because the app wasn’t updating. We were told Mr. Toad was open, so we went there. CLOSED. At this point we relegated ourselves to riding Dumbo since it was one of the only rides open. Since nothing was open, all of the early entrance people in fantasyland were funneled there, so there was a ten minute wait. We then were able to just squeak out Pinocchio with just a few minutes left of early entrance, for a grand total of TWO rides. With only a few minutes left of early entrance, we stopped by Peter Pan again and were told by the cast member that there was no estimated time for when it would open, so we got into the 30 minute line for Snow White. Within 5 minutes of getting into the Snow White line they opened up Peter Pan, just in time for the regular opening.

Next time we’ll be skipping the Grand Californian/early entry and using the four figure savings to extend our trip instead.

Did early entry yesterday and today. Can’t say that I’ve been impressed. From my post in the Grand Californian Superthread…

We were literally the very first people in line to enter the park (wife took pictures). Since we have a two year old, we went straight to Fantasyland to ride Peter Pan. No go, it was closed. No worries. We went to Alice in Wonderland. Closed. Ok…. We went to Casey Jr. Circus Train. Closed. Ok, this is getting ridiculous. We asked if anything was actually open because the app wasn’t updating. We were told Mr. Toad was open, so we went there. CLOSED. At this point we relegated ourselves to riding Dumbo since it was one of the only rides open. Since nothing was open, all of the early entrance people in fantasyland were funneled there, so there was a ten minute wait. We then were able to just squeak out Pinocchio with just a few minutes left of early entrance, for a grand total of TWO rides. With only a few minutes left of early entrance, we stopped by Peter Pan again and were told by the cast member that there was no estimated time for when it would open, so we got into the 30 minute line for Snow White. Within 5 minutes of getting into the Snow White line they opened up Peter Pan, just in time for the regular opening.

Next time we’ll be skipping the Grand Californian/early entry and using the four figure savings to extend our trip instead.
I'm sorry to hear this. My last trip was January 2023 and my experience was much the same. Multiple rides were down during EE at both parks on each day of our trip. Definitely a consideration, among many other factors, as to why we're staying off site next time.

Did Early Entry in May and December 2023 just at DLP. We went the route of Tomorrowland and it worked for us. Our next trip will be with some little's so we will go to Fantasyland first, hopefully we won't have issues with rides being opened

Cross posting our experience from Grand Cali this morning. I have no idea how this compares to previous.
New EE 1 park policy data point: I went to Disneyland for EE this morning. Got in line for security at 7 exactly. It wrapped around the courtyard and much of the way back, and took about 18 minutes. We were at the park gates just as they started letting people in. We got to the EE area at the Tommorowland entrance at 7:29.

At 7:15 as we were making the turn into DtD security, the line was even longer, probably 25 minutes.

FYI!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter