"Early entry" when still off-property?

kellypops

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have advice for me? We'll be staying off-property on June 4 and 5, checking into POFQ as early as we can on June 6, and staying 'til the 12th. We've got the PYW plus dining package which will give us 6 nights at POFQ and our theme park tickets for the duration of our stay. We'd like to begin our first day in the parks on June 5 (before we're at POFQ), and AAA told us that we could go to guest relations, show our confirmation, and request "early entry" into the parks, and we could be issued our tickets on the spot. Has anyone tried this, or does this seem like an easy thing to do? (I also wonder if we can get our dining vouchers early, too? Not a big deal on that, though.)

When we have been there for early entry, not only do you need your tickets, but you need to show your room card. This is the only proof that you are actually staying on site. My guess is that you could get your tickets, but without the room card I doubt that you could get in for the early entry.

I think AAA doens't have a clue what they are talking about on this one.

Anne

This might work if you wanted to go to the parks before you checkin later that day BUT you're trying to do it a day before you checkin. I don't think AAA realized you were asking about doing EE the DAY BEFORE you checkin. Doubt you can do it.

...brentalex. You must show your room key in order to enter the park earlier than non-WDW guests.

I was told by a Castmember that for "early entry" as well as the "extra evening hours" that proof is required that shows your staying "on site" to enjoy the perk(s). The room/key card from a WDW resort in other words. AAA is incorrect. Since your stay/tickets do NOT start until June 6th then that is when you'll receive your room card and tickets. I am sorry you were given incorrect info. Think about it though, if your tickets start on June 6th and that's what you have paid for, why would you get an extra day/ticket of seeing the parks on June 5th??? I know all the info can be confusing but if you pay for "x" number of days for a ticket then that's what you will receive. The key words are "during your stay" at a Walt Disney World resort/POFQ! When you stay "offsite" for the 2 previous days they have nothing to do with the WDW/POFQ package/portion of your vacation.

Good Luck!

kellypops said:
Does anyone have advice for me? We'll be staying off-property on June 4 and 5, checking into POFQ as early as we can on June 6, and staying 'til the 12th. We've got the PYW plus dining package which will give us 6 nights at POFQ and our theme park tickets for the duration of our stay. We'd like to begin our first day in the parks on June 5 (before we're at POFQ), and AAA told us that we could go to guest relations, show our confirmation, and request "early entry" into the parks, and we could be issued our tickets on the spot. Has anyone tried this, or does this seem like an easy thing to do? (I also wonder if we can get our dining vouchers early, too? Not a big deal on that, though.)

Would you then only have 5 days left on your tickets or are you basically asking for a "free" day? Since your tickets are for the duration of your stay by getting them and using them a day early you should then be cutting off a day at the end. If you are thinking that you can get in on the 5th and then still have tickets for the 6th - 12th that doesn't seem like something Disney would do.

We just did early entry this week and only had to use our ticket / room key card. Did that prove we were resort guests? (What do tickets that are not resort keys look like now? Are they on the same cards?)

JJsmama said:
We just did early entry this week and only had to use our ticket / room key card. Did that prove we were resort guests? (What do tickets that are not resort keys look like now? Are they on the same cards?)

When you've got your tickets on teh room key/resort ID they are all one in the same and you need nothing else. But if you've got an Ap or Park Hopper you'll have both your ticket and a resort ID--two different items.

Anne

Thanks for all of your comments! It did sound too good to be true. To recap, we're at POFQ from June 6-12, but we're leaving early on the 12th, so one day of our tickets would be gone. We were hoping to use our tickets on June 5-11 instead, and AAA had told us that if we requested "early entry" at guest relations on the 5th and showed our confirmation of our package, then we'd have no problem (she called CRO--at least she SAID she did!). We weren't necessarily looking at the "extra magic hour" that gets us into the park one day early; we were just trying to use our tickets one day earlier since we can't use it on our last day. (Does that make sense?) Thanks again, all, for responding!

Kelly, if it's part of a package, I still don't think it's going to work. CRO is pretty notorious for not having very good communications with guest relations in the parks.

If your tickets and rooms are tied to a package together, I think you're going to have problems when you arrive. The tickets are issued at check-in.

I'd book the room through AAA and buy my tickets seperately either through AAA or the Disney Store. Then you know you won't have an issue.

Anne

ducklite said:
When you've got your tickets on teh room key/resort ID they are all one in the same and you need nothing else. But if you've got an Ap or Park Hopper you'll have both your ticket and a resort ID--two different items.

Anne

Resort ID/room key= that hard plastic card you receive at check-in and unless I forgot(happens) or it has changed(happens) it says the name of your resort and the dates your there.

Personally, I hope they really CHECK for resort ID so the onsite perk for "early entry" and "extra evening hour" is just that...an onsite perk. ;)

Some here can remember every detail and keep up with all policy changes/additions and name changes. I don't. I couldn't even remember if we were South or North Tower at the Contemporary a while back. :teeth:

I had always assumed early entry was for onsite WDW resort guests only. A few years back when we were at the Polynesian I almost died when I noticed the hordes of people coming from the TTC and getting into the MK "early."

I asked a CM why EVERYONE was entering(we were never asked for resort ID) and on this particular day with this particular CM, I was told they received so many complaints from ticket holders that say they spend so much money on tickets why shouldn't they be allowed early entry too. :::shrug:::

I am happy to hear they are checking! I'll believe it when I see it! :rolleyes1 I'll never forget when I had our resort ID's out to get on a WDW bus. :rotfl: Way back when...the "book" said you'd need it for WDW transportation. :rotfl2:

I am hoping the new policy of resort guests only participating in EMH with the new tickets etc. helps WDW and their guests!! :banana:

Kelly, I agree that since it's part of a package, it still won't work a day earlier.

Rmontgo892, I hope they check, too! I certainly would not want to try to take advantage of EMH when I'm not staying at the resort yet! Guess we'll just lose that last day of our ticket. 7 days would've been better than 6, but I'll take 6 days at DW over none!!!

Since you will be in the area anyway why not change your stay to the 5-11 and where ever you had planned on staying originally on the 5th switch to the 12th. So the 4th and 12th are off property and stay on property 5th-11th. Seems the best way for your circumstances.

I'm not at all familiar with the new MYW tickets, but on the old length of stay tickets, you had the option of dropping the first and/or last day if you weren't able to utilize them. Is your only option now to either lose it or pay for the upgrade so they never expire?

It is entirely possible that the OP booked a package before MYW started and will have UPH tickets. Dropping a day was not an option when these were purchased as part of a package.

That's right, we had always booked room only and then did the length of stay passes as an add-on when we checked in. So much to learn with this new ticketing system.

kellypops said:
Rmontgo892, I hope they check, too! I certainly would not want to try to take advantage of EMH when I'm not staying at the resort yet! Guess we'll just lose that last day of our ticket. 7 days would've been better than 6, but I'll take 6 days at DW over none!!!

No worries! I am in no way saying you would! Not sure if this still holds true but on certain expected days of high occupancy the parks will open early. Not early entry days but regular operating hour days.

Have you thought about purchasing your tickets separate??? Or are you locked into this "magic package" thingy?? Are the tickets with this package including more than the "parks" like water parks and Disney Quest(arcade)?? You mentioned the Dining part?? I understand from my reading, that most if not all have really enjoyed the dining part and are satisfied!

I realize some prefer the package cause it's inclusive(includes everything) and like to prepay and not have to worry when they get to WDW!

Have you considered going to Downtown Disney and WestSide on your non park days??? You mentioned wanting to start the 5th, right? Why not walk around Downtown Disney and see the sites/stores?? They used to have a photo place there that you could get your picture taken with Mickey Mouse. Our son loved it and he was able to "visit" Mickey while getting his picture taken. Not sure if they still have that?

My family always enjoys walking around DownTown Disney and visiting the Lego play area store and McDonald's is right there. Yea, I know, yuck, but hey, my kid loved it and it's the least expensive meal around! :teeth: We get there early, eat Breakfast at McDonalds and "beat" the crowds and heat(during hot months)! For those that can't stand McDonalds or refuse to eat it on vacation, well, I used to feel THAT way. ;) But, my then 3-4 yr old loved it and it's all about the kids, right?? Before the *negatives* start about McDonalds...money luckily isn't our prob and we have and do eat at many sit down breakfast/lunches/dinners. :banana:

You could also take the boat from DTD and visit POFQ?? Too much of a tease?? I bet it would only make you look forward to arriving the next day! ;)

You could check DTD off the "list" and still experience some *Disney magic*!

Good luck and have a magical vacation!! :wizard:

Sort of along the same idea that Roxanne posted...

Rather than going to the parks that first day, while staying off site, you could do lots of other fun, 'Disney related' activities. There is DTD to explore, and you could pick up tickets for Disney Quest or Circe too and really make a day of it. Or you could explore some of the other resorts, and take advantage of some of the activities & options offered there. How about a visit to AKL, a tour of the lobby and walk to the animal viewing areas, along with an adventurous dinner at Bomas? Or dinner at the Poly, followed by a walk around the beautiful grounds there, and then end the evening by watching the MK fireworks from the beach?

How about a visit to the Boardwalk area, outside of Epcot? Does your family enjoy miniature golf (there are several different courses to explore--we love 'Squirty the Snowman' at Summer-Winterland)? Or maybe your family would find it refreshing to schedule a fishing excursion, WDW style (catch & release, of course)?

If the weather is nice, you might also want to consider the option of purchasing a one day admission to one of the water parks. Follow up with dinner and shopping at DTD (the Lego store has just re-opened, bigger and better than ever after some major renovations)... or enjoy a ride on the monorail loop (always fun to view the castle, in anticipation) along with a stop for dinner or deserts at one of the monorail resorts... or just head back to the hotel early, and have a relaxing evening in preparation for hitting the parks the following day.

Guess what I am trying to say is that there are lots of great options to explore, without having to actually go into one of the four major parks that day. So, give it some more though and see what you can come up with that your family might enjoy. And have a wonderful Disney vacation. ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter