Early Morning Entry's impact on staying off site

Staying off site doesn’t matter anymore. You’ll be fine
It does matter as resort guests will be populating all the E-rides available to them at each park before non-resort guests arrive. Is the impact less consequential? Yes, but it will matter...

It remains to be seen what effect Genie+ has on all of this.

For the OP I would head toward the attractions with the shortest wait times and use a non-Disney app like Lines from Touring Plans to most accurately know what those wait times are. Prior to your trip, I would look at wait times at opening to gauge where people are going and peruse the boards to see what the new strategies are as Genie+ goes online.

I'm just not confident in Disney's wait times as they can use those to manipulate how people are visiting the park steering them to specific attractions by inflating wait times at others.

thanks, I will check opening line times but i fear that I won't get a true representation of it until after Genie+/ILL$ opens after the 19th. I fear that will throw everything from Touring Plans out of whack, too, since this is a new unknown.

Starting tomorrow, the early entry people will mostly be headed to the ILL$$$ rides. So, everything else, particularly everything that isn't open for early entry should be normal rope drop.

Wondering if anyone can report back on their experience with early morning entry impact on offsite guests now that Genie+ has been active.

Will be staying offsite and going to HS on 12/2. Trying to figure out best arrival time and where to head first. Not planning to utilize Genie+ or Individual Lightening Lanes.

Doing our 1st offsite stay this December due to onsite costs and last minute planning but seriously not looking forward to this. I have pushed off 2 trips since COVID. We used to be on site rope droppers and I have no idea how to tackle a touring plan.
We're coming from Oregon for Thanksgiving week and we've just decided we're going to take a deep breath, do what we can, walk around and just enjoy being there. We've gone numerous times before so we will get on as many rides as we can, but in the long run it's about getting away from reality, slowing down and enjoying eachother and where we are! If all else fails, we just eat lots of pretzels and dole whips!

Wondering if anyone can report back on their experience with early morning entry impact on offsite guests now that Genie+ has been active.

Will be staying offsite and going to HS on 12/2. Trying to figure out best arrival time and where to head first. Not planning to utilize Genie+ or Individual Lightening Lanes.

Rope drop won't help. On site has already been there for an hour. I do think that the non-ROTR headliners were a little shorter than I imagined, 7D and MMRR at about 45 minutes most of the day. Remy was also cheaper than I thought it would be 7-8$ IIRC. This was non-peak weekday.

I agree the parks were thinner at close than I would have expected, probably all those early onsite people leaving. Harmonious is so good that lots of APs are hopping to Epcot later in the day. That helps the other park crowds late.

I would say if either ROR or MMRR are priorities, you will choose one and head that direction. If you don't care about either of those attractions, then next tier would be Slinky or Milennium Falcon, next tier is Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

Any current experiences with off site entry and how you might plan your touring?

Nothing has changed since Early Entry has started really. As an offsite guest on my trip last month, you really can forget about rope drop for Eticket attractions. Leave those for the end of the day, or consider getting G+ or buy ILL. I would do the former and just leave the major ones to the end of the day or during the day when the wait is manageable.
So for MK: avoid SDMT, PP, space, and instead for BTMR, splash (those will be quick / walk ons at RD).
HS: avoid Rise, SDD; and go do MFSR, TSM or RNRC, ToT at rope drop.
Epcot: go to Soarin or TT if you are lucky and towards the front
AK: avoid FoP. and you can knock everything else at rope drop instead. we usually go right, and do EE, safari

Thank you! So basically if we avoid the headliners we could still benefit from being there at off site rope drop. I think we can handle that!

Never been a RDer, never will be. I like the park atmosphere after dark. last trip I stayed at Swan to get Extra Evening Hours, though. Disney resorts are too expensive—the Swan is bad enough.

we rope dropped Space Mtn last Wednesday. Had early entry, got fairly close to the loading zone and then the dreaded "there's some meteors in the area." The lights came on, we had wasted our whole early entry and didn't get on anything. I went to a blue umbrella and asked if they could add anything to our Genie day like Haunted Mansion. They were nice and did that. The line for HM was huge by 9:05am.

Disney states that onsite guests get a 30-minute early entry. Does Disney stick to that timeframe. For example, if a park is scheduled to open at 9:00, are onsite guests allowed in at 8:30 exactly? In the past they would often open the park a little early, so an onsite guest would conceivably get in at 8:15. If that happens, I assume offsite guests are then let in an equal amount of time early, ie 8:45. Is this correct?

Disney states that onsite guests get a 30-minute early entry. Does Disney stick to that timeframe. For example, if a park is scheduled to open at 9:00, are onsite guests allowed in at 8:30 exactly? In the past they would often open the park a little early, so an onsite guest would conceivably get in at 8:15. If that happens, I assume offsite guests are then let in an equal amount of time early, ie 8:45. Is this correct?

Based on my experience in December, they let people into the park and in line, but the rides don't start going until 8:30 if they open at 9:00

In MK last week everyone was let through but then off site guests wait in the hub while onsite is let in by future world. So getting there early will get you in front of the other off site people.

We got in MK around 8:20am and there were already a lot of people in front of us waiting to get into Future World. They didn't open the walkway to the crowd until 8:30am.

We got there so much later than we wanted to. The bus from BWI to MK didn't come for 25 minutes and then had to load some ECV's. It took us 40 minutes to get there. We were surprised at how many people were already in the park at that time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter