Elon and Peltz

Elon did save twitter. The purchase of twitter was about more than money. Took out one of the biggest partisan propaganda machines and now everyone gets to have THEIR opinion, not just the approved opinion.

As for Disney, I'd rather have him than some of the vultures currently in charge. Lots of parallels with Walt and Elon. Visionary men that changed the world for the better.

Twitter is censored more now than it ever was.

I mean I get not liking Elon as a person, but what’s with the weird denying of his success as a businessman? It’s not even debatable.

Yeah, if you have a chance to drive the plaid version of his Model S EV, it will blow you away. A sub $100k car that embarrasses Ferraris and Lamborghinis. I don't always agree with his opinions or behavior, but he is, without a doubt, a visionary that has changed the world is more ways than one. Not really debatable. Whether he is a good fit for Disney is debatable, but it's not like we have the A team running the show now.

Elon did save twitter. The purchase of twitter was about more than money. Took out one of the biggest partisan propaganda machines and now everyone gets to have THEIR opinion, not just the approved opinion.
Bull. just like this forum, when you sign up for Twitter, you agree to the TOS. There are consequences when you break those agreements.

Someone said it best here, Tesla and Space X Elon is not the same as Twitter Elon.

I deactivated and deleted my Twitter or X account a few months ago, the experience with Twitter/X was completely different than it was before Elon took over.

He needs to stick with his core companies and dump Twitter. He keeps complaining that he doesn’t have stock control of Tesla anymore. It’s because he sold a bunch of shares to buy that cesspool Twitter. Peltz is an idiot if he thinks he could control Elon in relation to Disney.

Bull. just like this forum, when you sign up for Twitter, you agree to the TOS. There are consequences when you break those agreements.

Someone said it best here, Tesla and Space X Elon is not the same as Twitter Elon.

I deactivated and deleted my Twitter or X account a few months ago, the experience with Twitter/X was completely different than it was before Elon took over.

Of course. The issue was equal application of the TOS and consequences for breaking them.

no it wasnt. it was perceived that way from the; "i'm always the victim " crowd.

but we're on the verge of crossing the TOS rules here.

Well, you will need to be a little more specific. You have the new "i'm always the victim" crowd and perpetual "i'm always the victim" crowd that was running the show at twitter. Both have been right at times, but it's getting a little overplayed at this point. Anyway, that is beside the point. Plenty of victimhood to go around.

I think the real angst with Elon having anything to do with Disney is because his beliefs have shifted over the years. But that is not usual. In fact, it should happen as you experience more in life unless someone is just looking to validate what they believe. A similar shift happened with Walt Disney himself. Same for me and the most people I know. If you are still stuck on what you believed at 21, you haven't learned much.

I own a Tesla and was a big Elon fan. He is a genius Engineer and can build what no one else can. He also got quite lucky as Tesla was days away from total collapse multiple times according to Elon. He took risks and got rewarded.
He is not someone I would want running a creative business like Disney. He has little to no skills in this area. I love Warren Buffet but I wouldn’t want him buying Disney as well.
Creating a successful tech company does not make you an all knowing god. It makes you really good in one area. And as twitter is showing, one cannot be a genius at everything.

I own a Tesla and was a big Elon fan. He is a genius Engineer and can build what no one else can. He also got quite lucky as Tesla was days away from total collapse multiple times according to Elon. He took risks and got rewarded.
He is not someone I would want running a creative business like Disney. He has little to no skills in this area. I love Warren Buffet but I wouldn’t want him buying Disney as well.
Creating a successful tech company does not make you an all knowing god. It makes you really good in one area. And as twitter is showing, one cannot be a genius at everything.
You should probably get your facts straight, Elon is not a genius engineer. He doesn't even have an engineering degree. He's an idea guy and there's been plenty of articles out there indicating that he's actually never designed anything nor could he. Its weird how things get made up about him. The true engineers and founders of tesla were Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. What Elon does do a good job of is jumping on the back of brilliant people to take credit from. It's funny how if you force yourself into the limelight you get credit for things that you have very little to do with. The brilliant people know what they built they don't need to throw it in people's face. Twitter is failing because he's trying to do it himself(probably to prove something) and there's no one there to help him. He is a true narcicst.

I'm not a huge fan of Warren Buffett either however at least he built his own empire(at the begining) out of nothing. You could argue without Charlie Munger Berkshire Hathaway wouldn't be what it is today which has been echoed by Warren Buffett himself multiple times. I don't like his if I can do it anyone can so I'm not going to help you mantra however Warren is far from being a narcicst like Elon.

I wouldn't want either running Disney, if you think the penny pinching is bad now get either one of those guy's behind the wheel and the'll be charging for napkins.

Yes, truly weird how things get made up about him.
reddog21 said:
Twitter is failing because he's trying to do it himself(probably to prove something) and there's no one there to help him.

If your indicating I made this up, there's plenty of articles that back up my statement(Forbs and Bloomberg come to mind). Every company needs good idea people but without the true talent to make those ideas come to life you have nothing. I'm not saying that Elon isn't a good idea person with a lot of money to throw around but that's what he is a buisness man who has surrounded himself with elite talent.

Where would Disney be if they didn't have the outstanding magineers to bring ideas to life. You think Josh D'Amaro is designing rides, not a chance but I'm sure he has a lot of ideas as to what he wants in the ride.

Working for Elon Musk

The guy sounds unhinged, but success and fame does that to a person. I remember a quote from NASA saying they would never be able to accomplish what Space-X did because a government entity would never have been allowed to fail as many times as Space-X did in the beginning.

I remember in the early days of hearing about him I was a fan of his work because he was making change, good change. Now I think he's let it all go to his head and lost the plot. That doesn't undo everything he's done but it makes me think back to the cost of progress and the people that get stepped on along the way. The advance in flight and aerospace technology can be traced back to horrific experiments done by the Nazis in which concentration camp inmates were forced, without oxygen, into high-altitude chambers that duplicated conditions at up to 68,000 feet(Doctors from Hell). Is Elon Musk that bad? No, at least not yet, but the desire that leads a person down that road is definitely there. Neurolink seems to be very reminiscent of it.

So do I want him running Disney? Absolutely not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter