~Enough LaZiNess AlrEady ~ LaZyLady's TR FiNALLY done

Hi Diamond and thanks!! Oh we're in March, you're in April, we'll just miss you!! That would have been a fun Dis meet!!!!
xoxoxoxo

It's not too late for you to change your dates and join me on my birthday!

When we went to the WL for dinner at the whispering pines I kept thinking how much the WL was lovely but very well.... Canadian. And I can get that here at home. I'd be pushing luckyman to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. But either way good luck getting him to try something new. I know how challenging that can be. It's worth the effort though.

It's not too late for you to change your dates and join me on my birthday!

When we went to the WL for dinner at the whispering pines I kept thinking how much the WL was lovely but very well.... Canadian. And I can get that here at home. I'd be pushing luckyman to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. But either way good luck getting him to try something new. I know how challenging that can be. It's worth the effort though.

:rotfl: Thanks Diamond!! We are actually hoping that the Poly opens up!!:rotfl2: But the WL has the boat to the MK so that was the selling point over CBR. :goodvibes I do love AK and AKL is gorgeous (and there's BOMA! need I say more?!?) so maybe someday we'll stay there too.

109.jpg

~Time for our ADR for dinner came all too soon, we had 6:25pm at Akershus booked so it was off to Epcot.

078.jpg

Epcot is our favorite park and in particular the WS is a place we love, so it was nice to go there first.

Things did not go smoothly here. Lucky Man is so patient and kind to read the planning books w/ me, listen as I read reviews from the Dis, etc., but when it comes down to it, push comes to shove, he is fine w/ leaving the ADR making to me. "If you're happy I'm happy" is his motto.

Norway was a let down, and I feel it was due to possibly not FULL disclosure on my part that this was an entire experience - he knew it was in the castle in Norway, knew there'd be characters, but he didn't anticpiate the photo package, the non stop princesses - let's face it, Lucky Man could care less about a castle, he wants good food. And it wasn't. Not so much anyway. : [

We arrived in Norway. Huge crowds were milling to get checked in for the castle, the wait wasn't bad but the line for the photos w/ Belle and then to be seated seemed to inch along. Did Lucky Man stay patient? Yes, he did. It was when we got our table that it all went south.

The table SUCKED. It was a two top (doh) but the placement on a little half wall in the middle of a traffic pattern SUCKED. Then our waiter dude was so busy, he walked back & forth by us a couple times w/out stopping then finally stopped at our table and his words of greeting were "I'm too busy to take your drink order". To which I said, brilliantly :rotfl: "you're too busy to bring our drinks, or you're too busy to take our order?" He replied, ""Well I'm too busy for either".:lmao: Not a great start to dinner.

"you're too busy to bring our drinks, or you're too busy to take our order?" He replied, ""Well I'm too busy for either". Not a great start to dinner.

Yikes! That's just plain bad manners. Did you contact the manager?

We've only done breakfast at Norway. There is no way my picky eaters would eat dinner there.

Well~ ok then! He didn't take our drink order. :rolleyes2
In a few minutes he did come back, take our drink order and food order, then directed us to start w/ the buffet. We are nice friendly Canadians slow to take offence but as I said this hadn't started well and w/ the waiter of our dreams and the most romantic table placement ever :rolleyes: the food had better be good.

That line in the guidebook about:
'Enjoy authentic Nordic fair in a replica of a rustic Norwegian castle complete with Disney princesses all day long" seems in retrospect to have put the proper emphasis on the princess part.

The Cold Board is described as somewhat unusual - make that pretty unappetizing and I usually will eat most anything. ::yes::

So we'll skip that part - for dinner LM ordered chicken which he said was excellent though one very tiny bone in breast only. I had salmon which was so-so. Dessert was the highlight w/ three types coming on one plate.
But as LM said, the ship had sunk by that point. I rated this dining as 5/10, LM gave it a 4/10. Our lowest rated meal of the trip.

And as we said to each other, well, got the bad meal out of the way first time out! (Did this turn out to be true?? Read on to find out ;) )

Yikes! That's just plain bad manners. Did you contact the manager?

We've only done breakfast at Norway. There is no way my picky eaters would eat dinner there.

Hi Diamond! :flower3:
I'm so glad you asked, b/c I left that part out!! LM felt so bad for the guy, he tipped him big. The poor guy, he did improve after the bad greeting, he seemed so overwhelmed w/ the crowds and all (free dining). So LM said, let's tip him big look at the crappy outfit they're making him wear too! :crazy2:

Hi Diamond! :flower3:
I'm so glad you asked, b/c I left that part out!! LM felt so bad for the guy, he tipped him big. He did improve after the bad greeting, he seemed so overwhelmed w/ the crowds and all (free dining). So LM said, let's tip him big look at the crappy outfit they're making him wear too! :crazy2:

Only a canadian would have that reasoning. I'd like to see what kind of tip Luckyman gives good service? A new car?

LOL! LM said, if we would've had the kids along & had the bad experience it would've been different, but for just the two of us, we could afford to be patient w/ the guy and figure that he was not having a good night. Plus LM said not for a million bucks would he want to be in that guys shoes (OR lederhosen!) what a costume.

Forgot to mention the princesses that we had at the castle:
089.jpg

the photo when we arrived was w/ Belle & the photo given to you in the keepsake folder is nice- then we saw Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella and Jasmine.
If we ever did this meal again, it would be when visiting w/ little ones, only. :)

Evening Magic Hours at MK beckoned!

We were off to the park that makes you feel as if you're really in the magic! Don't you cry a little bit when you see the castle? I do! Happy tears "walking right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A." Plus we had Pal :mickeyjum Mickey to guide us, he is a hoot. We enjoy (ok, ok, I enjoy) his tips & jokes yes the jokes are groaners but you're waiting in line to have your picture snapped w/ an 8 foot tall dog named Goofy so :rotfl: there you go.

First Pal Mickey advised where the lines were short -
095.jpg

Mickey's PhilHarMagic - yay! We love this one.
096.jpg

Lucky Man says you have to see both sides of the picture.

It's such a fun show, we do love Donald so that makes it all the better.

Then we went to Peter Pan - LM had no clue what ride it was until we were up close in the queue - I did this on purpose as the last trip he had refused to ride it when I told him what it was, this time he was going! ::yes:: Maybe he secretly liked it...ummm ... or not....I just asked him and he rolled his eyes.
So dramatic! Anyway I was happy we got to ride it at least.

Afterwards we headed to the Haunted Mansion - we both like this.
(Interjection again by LM - most of the MK rides are over rated except The Laugh Floor)

It was pretty late by this point so we walked slowly back down Main Street soaking up the late night atmosphere.
Nice to be able to wander and not rush out - we would head back to our room (yes that we love) watch Stacy, have a couple drinks and sleep in....
next up for tomorrow - BOMA! AK! DHS! almost in that order!

Sleeping in was heaven! I am always up earlier so strolled over the bridge, across the island, to Old Port Royale for coffee in my refillable mug, hot chocolate in LM's. SO gorgeous to walk through CBR in the morning! However, the food court was a zoo at about 9am daily, glad I was only getting drinks as we had fruit etc., in the room for a light breakfast.

Shopping - disclosure - love to shop - and am from the states - so whenever we go back to the states, I have to hit Target. LM has been converted as well. ::yes:: A Super Target is even better! Well this time we went at least 3x (and it could've been four) to Kissimmee West SuperTarget

4795 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy

Kissimmee, FL 34746-5332

(407) 594-0029

and it was superb. It's huge, terrifically stocked and was never busy when we were there.
And I do mean big as in CostCo or Sam's Club big - the one and only thunderstorm we had during our late September trip hit when we were in the Target - wowza! It sounded awful but we were safe and sound in Super Target! We just continued to shop and it had stopped raining entirely by the time we were done. :rotfl:

They have a Starbucks ( a full Starbucks ) so I had to get a pumpkin spice latte, it must have been YUM b/c that's what I wrote on my receipt, kept it to tuck into my Passporter. Then we picked quick lunch items - a Pizza Hut pepperoni personal pan pizza from the Pizza Hut kiosk, from the store deli, California roll for me, a grilled chicken sandwich for LM - I got a book for the pool, we got Cheezits, Uncrustables ::yes:: you just can't go wrong at Super Target.

We visited the Lake Buena Vista (Orlando) outlets 1.5 miles from Super Target as well and I will post more about that later. For now it was time to hit the pool.

We went to both the main pool and the quiet pool this day, it was sunny and warm so perfect to relax by the pool.
The main (pirate) pool complex, taken from the beach by the Jamaica quiet pool
118.jpg

We had an ADR for Boma at 5pm. We're not big AK peeps so the plan was to go to AK for a couple hours, change for dinner then go to AKL for Boma. Certainly of all the ADR's we made (free dining so every day there was a TS ADR) this was the one I looked forward to most.

AK in the afternoon was WARM and LM was sweating buckets. I had one goal for this visit - to ride Expedition Everest!
129.jpg

Off I went, whipping through the standby line, and onto the ride so quickly, :lmao: no time to back out for the faint of heart! Wow, this ride was a RUSH! I loved it, and LM even caught it on video. I checked on him quickly (he was still sweating but told me he was all right) and off I went to ride again. The ride line had grown so I looked at the queue and it is cool. As always, Disney detail to the nth degree, it makes even waiting :thumbsup2 well at least for a short wait.
The second time through on EE did make me :crazy2: a wee bit woozy!
LM wasn't feeling 100% either so that was it for AK - we didn't bolt out of the park, we did sight see as we left but that was it for AK for us on this trip. We like it but wouldn't spend more than a few hours here - we've done the safari and Kali enough so now visits there are shorter.

BOMA! Yay! We washed up, changed for dinner & were off to AKL.
One word ~ Stunning! ~
145.jpg

truly stunning is all I can say about walking into the AKL. We checked in, received our buzzer, and headed out back to see the animals. Met a friendly CM who talked w/ us about the animals, LM took pics, and we were buzzing already! Time for dinner!

Walking down the staircase to Boma was almost as cool as walking into the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time, breathtaking and with FOOD! Can you say dining paradise?!!

Remember our poor experience w/ the sad waiter/crappy table in Norway?
In every way, this was the polar opposite dining experience.

We were seated at a wonderful table right at the windows, enjoyed that view very much. Our server was there, introducing herself, explaining the menu, so warm and friendly we felt at ease immediately.
We ordered drinks (African beer was good) and went to check out the buffet. Decided to get appetizers and salads before main courses - having read the Dis, we knew the flatbread and hummus was not to be missed! And once again the Dis had not led us wrong! It was sooo yummy. My notes from that night said I ranked the hummus as my #1 :cool1: it was that good.

Then we were off to try the main courses, sorry I did not take notes on the main courses, but it was all superb. Not one thing let us down. I do remember the corn bread being exceptional and the desserts I noted were (of course) zebra domes and cheesecake w/ pineapple.

The dinner that we had that night - from the service to the food to the atmosphere, it ranked as my favorite dinner of all time at WDW. LM gave it a 9, my rating was a 10.

:) After the magic of Boma, we went to DHS for evening magic hours. We usually love the RnR coaster and TofT, but LM's back was not going to let him ride those rides.

We started our evening with the Great Movie Ride. The queue w/ the costumes is fun to look at, and then when you wait inside the theater and they're showing movie clips, is not bad either. It makes the line go fast or seems to anyway. Give me a diversion, I'm all good :goodvibes .
There was one little boy on our tram who was a bit freaked when our CM was "waylaid" but it all had a happy ending! This ride kinda hinges on good CMs and our CMs were fun.

We wandered over to the Muppets and I showed LM the sign at the entrance, "Be back later, key under mat" he could not believe :scratchin

164.jpg

there really was a key! The magic of the Dis pixiedust:

So we had fun with "The Muppet Show Tonight" yes I was singing along, didn't you just love that show, I miss it - that's why I drag LM to see this one.

After, it was getting late and we meandered through the NY city street lots and all - it's so misleading at the studios sometimes as to where you really are, at one point I left LM out in front of the little Readers cafe, went in to use the restroom, ended up going through the Sci Fi Diner :rotfl: and some cafeteria ( commisary? not sure) and walk back outside NOT through the same door I had gone in - LM was confused and frankly so was I. Well. Now we don't have to eat at the Sci Fi though as I got to scope it out! :p

We ended this night walking out :groom: princess: hand in hand, the music blasting, heat lightning striking in the sky, the huge spotlights searching the sky as well, what a way to end that night - this is why we come on vacation to WDW!
:lovestruc :love: :cloud9:

Ahh, sleeping in again, this being our Halloween party night & all - gotta relax & rest up :rotfl:

No wake up call (sense the laziness theme) just leisurely wake up, traipse across the tropical island to Olde Port Royale and refill mugs, browse the shop, I love the CBR gift shop. Quite big and a good selection, the Mickey Pumpkin mug and 3 park cd's - Illuminations, Parades and Wishes soundtracks - along w/ Disney Halloween totes for friends kiddos later, I was happy to walk back to Jamaica and wake up LM.

This was our first day to try what turned out to be two of our absolute favorites - Earl of Sandwich at DTD and Typhoon Lagoon.

Pearl of an Earl! LM had the club, I had the veggie. We scored a good table, enjoyed an early lunch.

Then - LM has an aversion to most shopping so he visited
286.jpg

the margarita stand and sat happily by the water, keeping in touch w/ the 2 way radios
;)

After DTD we headed to Typhoon Lagoon, and once again our expectations were exceeded, this park ROCKS! We love tropical, and this is it baby!

We'd seen Stacy making fun of the lazy people in the lazy rivah, and we were going to BE those people today!!

I went into the wave pool w/ LM for a bit, then we went to the Lazy Rivah. This proved to be balm for his very sore back, he couldn't float on the tube on his back but staying upright and floating inside the tube, arms resting on the top, helped him out alot. I was not sore (well maybe my feet but you figure that's normal at WDW)but in the lazy river, found my happy place. LM did about an entire circuit and a half, I did maybe 3 circuits. Heaven. :goodvibes

So having had super sandwiches at Earl, lounged and played at the Lagoon, we headed back to the room to change for dinner at the Crystal Palace and Mickey's NSS Halloween Party! As a family we'd done the Halloween and Christmas parties, going as a couple it was a bit of a sell - would it disappoint?

Funny whenever Stacy makes fun of those people I'm always thinking "I want to be one of those people" and you were. Lucky you!

I'm hoping you enjoyed the couple time at the party. Especially since I'm looking forward to a couple's only vacation this april for the first time.

Never thought of taking the 2 way radios when it is just us.

Been taking some sort of vitamin or something? Impressed with all the updates lately. I just realized there are like a whole bunch I need to catch up on now. I'll be back to comment soon.

Funny whenever Stacy makes fun of those people I'm always thinking "I want to be one of those people" and you were. Lucky you!

I'm hoping you enjoyed the couple time at the party. Especially since I'm looking forward to a couple's only vacation this april for the first time.

Never thought of taking the 2 way radios when it is just us.

Been taking some sort of vitamin or something? Impressed with all the updates lately. I just realized there are like a whole bunch I need to catch up on now. I'll be back to comment soon.

2 way radios work well! You can't be joined at the hip (or we can't be) but you still want to know where to meet up.

Happy to impress you!! :goodvibes Will try to keep up this surge! :cheer2:

A lovely anniversary card with balloons were in our room when we arrived back after Typhoon Lagoon.

245.jpg

Thoughtful - maybe it wouldn't seem like much if you're not Disney crazy but it touched me. :earsgirl: :earsboy: That was the first Disney nod to our anniversary.

We arrived at MK and the Crystal Palace just before 6pm - and another pixiedust: for our anniversary that night ~ Mickey confetti in a heart
248.jpg

and anniversary wishes from our wonderful CM, he was awesome. :goodvibes Dinner was tasty and I rated it a 9, LM a 7.
(He doesn't factor in the characters & setting as much as I do)

Then it was off to the Halloween party.

Halloween Party Time!

274.jpg

We had received our wristbands before dinner so we were ready to Party!
Fall is a gorgeous season at WDW, the decorations and activities seemed fun but...

Perfect People who never have a Bad Night on vacation, Please don't read. If you're non perfect, read on.

Cut to the chase, the party did disappoint. Not to be a whiner baby but this night that's what happened. This was a night when all of the fun reminded me of how much I missed our kids, adults or not, they had been kids when we'd all been here together and everywhere we turned, I saw their faces lighting up with wonder, their laughter as we did the macarena w/ the stilt men, trick or treating, getting pictures w/ the characters. :sad1: it made for a sad night. LM bless his heart, didn't understand the depth of my sadness that night. He knew we had been having a terrific night through dinner...but the party was a trigger and that's all there was to it.

The parade was just ok, we waited for the second parade but the party got more and more crowded as the night wore on...we walked around a bit, I did a couple rides, we checked out the dance parties, but I was sad - I wanted to see the Headless Horseman - no go. The parade sucked for us - then the passporter author had said that on the Liberty Belle, the activities aboard had been their fave - and this was not running. Argh. I'll end your misery and mine, it was the one lousy night of our vacation and that's all relative, I do realize that. :scared:

We were at WDW the last week for the clubs at PI - and we'd never been!
This was our last chance to try the Adventurer's Club.
So planning our day backwards, we knew we wanted to go that night...sooo slept in this am, yes what a shock. :flower3:
Pool time,
115.jpg

Relaxing, leisurely lunch :goodvibes

We had an ADR for 5:30pm at Cape May so planning backwards again, we decided we'd go to WS before dinner. It was HOT this day - by the time we walked through Future World to the WS, we only got as far as Norway before we need an a/c break. LM asked about Norway but I hate that they force you to watch the movie after the boat ride, so we went to Mexico.

Mexico was one of the simple yet sparkling jewels of our trip! Walking into the pavilion was a huge ahhhh! of a/c comfort, and the marketplace is so colorful and fun. Love the beauty and craftsmanship in the goods there.
236.jpg

We were the only ones in line for the boat ride, we were congratulated on our anniversary and given our own boat! :boat: Call me silly :clown: but I love the Gran Fiesta! It's adorable. :donald: esp if you think Donald is hilarious as we do.

237.jpg

Refresehd by the romantic boat ride, we walked hand in hand through WS, stopping for Grand Marnier (slurp) and Grey Goose (double slurp) slushies.

Walked through the international gateway, admiring the view all the way - the Epcot resort area is stunning & I was looking forward to our upcoming Swan stay. Meandered through BC, checked in, and were taken to :flower3: a special "area" (NO not 'special' as in it sucked like the first night LOL), in a "private room" one CM said, 'like "the Rock" eats in this room when he's here' lol. So romantic, our server was excellent and we think the clam bake is quite good. I gave it an 8, LM a 7.
Side note - we didn't have the room to ourselves the entire time, another party did join us but it was still neat in 'THE ROOM'. :rotfl2:

So about 7pm or so we head to DTD, planning to stroll a bit before PI.

The area was hopping so we really didn't linger much before going to the AC.
We ordered :drinking1 beer for LM and a Kungaloosh for me, loooooved it.

P9190815.jpg

I am sad to say that we are not big partiers - and I am a lightweight so it was only one Kunglaoosh for me.

The club was very interesting, different from what we'd pictured and not really in tune w/ the reviews we'd read. We listened to the warm up acts for a while, then a show was announced, there was a huge push for the one show, and we were at the back and did not get in. And that was it! We missed it. :sad2: LM felt a bit put out & we didn't stay for the next show - that was in like two hours & we couldn't imagine hanging out til then.
We're weenies that way...give us our comfy bed & Disney cartoons! ::yes::
NO not big partiers.

Lucky Man loves me and this vacation was an act of love, as he'd like to be in Hawaii.

This, day six, was the day he (thus we) hit the (Disney) wall. He's awaiting surgery for his back, to end years of pain. To this point we had the ok from the doctor, etc., to be on vacation and we were careful not to push the limits of LM's back. However. When you are at Disney, even at a Lazy pace, it's a lot.

My notes for this day reflect how bad it was by this terse phrase "Really really sore today". No parks today, just a pitch dark quiet hotel room and rest in the comfy bed for LM to hopefully feel better ASAP.

This had been a fear for both of us - we had discussed it. We could both drive the rental car so anywhere I wanted to go, I could. But I couldn't. When it came down to it, I couldn't go off park hopping or even shopping w/out my LM. He is truly my better half. I laid low, read my book at the pool, hung out at Olde Port Royale, tried not to hover over LM. Cancelled our 7pm ADR for Rose & Crown, no way we were making that puppy.

At about 8pm, LM said he thought he could make it to dinner. Ummm, not too sure if that's a good idea?? Was he doing this to try to salvage the day/night? :guilty:

No, he said, he felt better & he WANTED to leave the resort room. He convinced me. A quick phone call to dining reservations and we were booked for 9pm at Artist Point. LM showered, fast change & we were on our way to WL. We were there just before 9pm, told it would be a few minutes, so we had a drink in the bar - love the bar there! So cozy and friendly!

The setting of Artist Point and WL takes your breath away. As late as our ADR was, it was all couples sharing romantic dinners. We had a wonderful table by the windows, enjoyed our dinner and dessert watching the EWP.

Artist Point turned out to be superlative. I rated it a 9, LM a 8.5 wow he is a tough grader.

After dinner we took a moonlit stroll out by the waters edge, and it was a nice ending to a tough day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter