Epcot lounge?

We enjoyed our first visit to the lounge this past December! Loved having a place to rest and the drinks and snacks were a nice added bonus. My kids were disappointed the Disney Infinity games weren’t working, but enjoyed watching their cartoons while having their snack! I’m happy they extended it.

I had no luck getting snacks last year.
In July, I never noticed snacks.

Near NYE, it seemed we got up to the lounge as others were finishing snacks, and we stayed quite a while, but the snack cart never returned.

I had no luck getting snacks last year.
In July, I never noticed snacks.

Near NYE, it seemed we got up to the lounge as others were finishing snacks, and we stayed quite a while, but the snack cart never returned.

They seem stingy with the snacks! I don’t think they’ll come around twice if they see the same people are still there. My daughter asked for a second snack before we left and you would have thought she asked the girl for Free points lol

They seem stingy with the snacks! I don’t think they’ll come around twice if they see the same people are still there. My daughter asked for a second snack before we left and you would have thought she asked the girl for Free points lol
I think it's just luck on the timing and if they are busy with other things. We've gone up 4 times and gotten snacks every time including twice in under half an hour on one visit.

I am constantly amazed at the praise that place gets. I have gone twice. Both times I had to wait 20-30 minutes for people to leave to be able to go upstairs. Also never got the alleged snacks either. :sad2:
Sorry you had that experience. We've been twice, and went right up both times, no waiting.
Yeah, there's basically two cases. Nice outside, you'll go right up. But who wants to go up and sit when there's stuff to do outside? Then there's heat or rain. As soon as it gets bad the place fills up as every DVC person instantly teleports here. Then it's a "30-minute wait" but what they really mean is "You'll get in when the rain passes because the people up there will camp till it does".

If you want a good experience, go here when it's nice outside. If you save it to be the thing you do when it rains, you'll be competing with all the other soppy wet people packing in to ditch their ponchos. Still our kids ask to go every time. Something about games, computers, snacks and sodas that you fill yourself. Sounds overrated, but it's fun. Someone mentioned the line for soda was long and you were probably behind kids testing whether Dr.Pepper mixed with Lemonade is a good thing or not.

It's also a good place to kick your shoes off, put your feet up!! :D

I think it's just luck on the timing and if they are busy with other things. We've gone up 4 times and gotten snacks every time including twice in under half an hour on one visit.

Definitely could have just been the CM handing them out. She made a big sigh and looked around...said ‘I don’t know... waited a minute and then said - ok only this one time.’

It's also a good place to kick your shoes off, put your feet up!! :D

When I went last November, CM's were asking that people keep their shoes on as you entered! I was kind of surprised as I'm not one to shed my shoes instantly on entering a room.

People were actually taking their shoes off and putting their feet on the furniture. CM's walked over to them and asked them not to. I watched this happen a couple of times. I guess people were really feeling at home with the casual furniture set up.

I didn't go in on my January trip. In November I did notice a couple of pieces of furniture missing but didn't note that it was particularly worn and dirty. I'm trying for a quick visit in March since I have an AP burning a hole in my pocket plus I'm retired now so I'll have to check it out again.

So true! Last Oct we eventually decided we were just going to wait it out. It was over 35 minutes from the time we arrived before snacks appeared and people were not eating them when we arrived. The only other time I was up there they came around twice while I was there - seemed to be 20 minutes. You'd think the CM's were buying the snacks the way they sigh over it all. :confused3 But I see that sometimes on airplanes too with some flight attendants. It's a strange thing.

Just to point it out, free food is not part of the actual offering...
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/membership-magic/epcot-members-lounge/
Complimentary beverages are. Complimentary snacks are not.
Seems like a pixie dust thing if it works out for you but like most pixie dust, if people are waiting / asking for it, the nice surprise will probably end and get replaced with a vending machine that accepts magic bands.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you're allowed in if staying on a DVC reservation of a friend or do you need to be the DVC member?

So true! Last Oct we eventually decided we were just going to wait it out. It was over 35 minutes from the time we arrived before snacks appeared and people were not eating them when we arrived. The only other time I was up there they came around twice while I was there - seemed to be 20 minutes. You'd think the CM's were buying the snacks the way they sigh over it all. :confused3 But I see that sometimes on airplanes too with some flight attendants. It's a strange thing.

Hey Kat! I hear ya! It stinks you had the same experience. I bet they get it a lot and get annoyed. I wonder if they’re instructed to limit one per guest??

I wonder how much is spent on the snacks. It can't be an insignificant amount. I wouldn't be surprised if this perk doesn't stick around. I'm just happy to have a place to relax and to get a free drink. Their actual cost on the drinks would be next to nothing.

I am constantly amazed at the praise that place gets. I have gone twice. Both times I had to wait 20-30 minutes for people to leave to be able to go upstairs. Then had to wait in line quite awhile to get a drink. Then had to wait, standing, for people to leave, to grab a seat. Had to hover, like driving around a parking lot at Christmas, waiting for someone to leave so you can park. The furniture is very uncomfortable. People either don't know how to use the drink machines, or just take an incredibly long time and make a sticky mess too.
Apparently other people have polar opposite experiences for all the good things people say.
Also never got the alleged snacks either. :sad2:
I'm sorry that it was like that for you.

I've been about 5 times. Each time, we went straight up, had a seat, had little to no wait for a beverage and during our visit we were offered snacks.

It is a great place to spend a little time to decompress.

Hey Kat! I hear ya! It stinks you had the same experience. I bet they get it a lot and get annoyed. I wonder if they’re instructed to limit one per guest??

I definitely think they are told to limit to 1 snack and that's ok. But they kind of make you feel like you're being greedy even asking for one!

The last time I was at the lounge the person handing out snacks told me they limit it to 1 snack per guest.

In the past two months, DVC Lounge has added furniture, reupholstered existing furniture, and has new carpet. It looks fantastic! Now, I hope members and their guests will help keep it a bit more clean and as stain-free as possible so our dues don't go through the roof :)

It’s not paid for by dues. It’s paid for by DVD’s marketing budget. Agree with sentiment though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter