Epcot Lounge

rdsx28

Proud Member of Red Sox Nation!
We just returned from WDW on 4/4. The day we visited Epcot we decide to grab a quick drink and relax for a few minutes in the members lounge. We were greeted by a rather grumpy cast member and told there was a waiting list to get in. Has anyone had this happen before? A waiting list for a drink and quick pit stop? We just laughed and said no that’s okay but thanks anyway. We have always just popped in and out. Why would we want to wait around there when we could grab a drink and sit outside for a few minutes? Maybe that’s the plan? Who knows just was wondering if anyone else had experienced this ?

We definitely have been told already that the lounge was full and we'd have to wait some time to get in. At times, it's pretty popular, and it's a relatively small area upstairs. I will say, however, we've not come across the grumpy cast member you're describing - they're usually very "Disney" when they give us the bad news that we can't get in without a short wait (meaning we can't get in until others leave!)! But we're with you - not worth any kind of extended wait to get in.

A wait list is a pretty common occurrence during busy or hot times of the day. Typically, they'll say "15 minutes" as the minimum wait, but it often takes less. If the wait is longer, they will tell you it's 30 minutes, an hour, etc.

When we walked up one day during the first week of March, there were about 20 people (including us) all walking up to the desk, all arriving at the same time as us, and that was just that single arbitrary moment in time.

Don't think we ever had to wait. I sure wouldn't want to hang around just to get a free soft drink and a bag of chips.

Very common occurrence in these very busy times. Usually takes about half the time to get in vs. what they tell you. It appears they just fill every table, and wait for people to leave before letting more in. It is a very nice respite on a hot day and is worth a small wait for us.

We have waited and sometimes we didn’t have to wait. This past week we were changing from VGF to BCV, and DH needed his phone charged. We had a relaxing hour or so up there.

We had to wait twice in March this year, only 5 minutes. When it's 90 degrees it's a nice place to cool down.

We had to wait twice in March this year, only 5 minutes. When it's 90 degrees it's a nice place to cool down.
And when you have a family of 4 or 5, that saves you $20 -$30 in drinks/snacks. Now you have money to buy 4 mickey bars. Sorry little Timmy, next time you'll get one.

Both times we have tried to visit the lounge we were told that we couldn't even get on the wait list because it was so full. The CM was nice about it but still it was so disappointing!

I can't say we have tried more than twice but to be told both times that the lounge was full and the wait list list was so long we couldn't even join the list was a bummer. To be fair both times were in the afternoon and it was hot so probably higher demand.

We like the DVC lounge, we'll just come back later, or you can do a cool off lap on Figment, they may have room by then. If it's going to be a while, we like the Pixar film theatre as well. Just can't figure why they haven't added more films to it?

Never had them be grumpy. It's hard for them to tell you there's a wait without sounding grumpy though I guess.

The lounge is fairly small and I do like that they reserve tables for parties, that way nobody has to hunt for a table. The fact that there are no restrooms keeps the waitlist moving.

Typically when we have to wait, we ride Journey into Imagination and by the time we get off the ride our table is ready.

The lounge is very nice for what it is. I wish they had one in every park!

We like the DVC lounge, we'll just come back later, or you can do a cool off lap on Figment, they may have room by then. If it's going to be a while, we like the Pixar film theatre as well. Just can't figure why they haven't added more films to it?
Yes the Pixar film theatre is our back up plan for cooling off in the AC for sure! I wish they would add more films too!!

The fact that there are no restrooms keeps the waitlist moving.
I had never put two and two together like that! Free all you can drink will no doubt lead to the need. LOL
Now I know why they did not put bathrooms in.

I had never put two and two together like that! Free all you can drink will no doubt lead to the need. LOL
Now I know why they did not put bathrooms in.

Yep, it keeps the seats from getting too warmed up for sure! lol

The waitlist is normal when it is busy. They have occupancy limits. I either come back or wait. It doesn't usually take too long unless it is downpouring and people are waiting the storm out.

I was really underwhelmed with the Epcot Member Lounge. The coffee was actually terrible, the refreshment drink area was not clean, the table they gave us had no charger, the seating was uncomfortable, and overall the environment felt dingy and temporary (which it is). My wife was also disappointed they didn't have a restroom. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait. I'm still grateful for it, since it was a good way to cool down and get a break from the crowds, but I feel like it was done with minimal effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter