Epcot SO Busy! - Jan 25, 2020

I was at Epcot Saturday afternoon and at MK on Sunday. I am wondering if the Pro Bowl did have an impact. Epcot was a hot mess Saturday but MK felt almost empty Sunday (we commented amongst ourselves several times about how empty it was). That would make sense if it was game attendees driving attendance on the weekend.

We were able to move FP around and book same day dining both days, but there was definitely a huge difference between the two days as far as our crowd experience went.

I was there Saturday as well and kept saying that it was so unbelievably busy! I was not expecting those crowds at all this weekend!

We were just at Epcot on Friday and talked about how it didn’t feel crowded at all. Normally Dh gets mad about crowds and people running into him but we didn’t have that issue. We were there from 12-6.
We were in Epcot from on Friday and breezed right through. Saturday was another story.

We were there yesterday and we could not believe how crowded it was. Honestly all the parks have seemed pretty crowded this week. I know there is no real slow season anymore but I’m still surprised at the crowds so far this week.

Here now and we think its pretty quiet. No lines longer than 3 - 5 deep for food booths at world showcase we wanted to try. We sky lined over from HS which was crazy busy! Its 4:44 now and the day is just lovely at EPCOT. Heading back to HS for Oga's shortly! Banner day!!!

Here now and we think its pretty quiet. No lines longer than 3 - 5 deep for food booths at world showcase we wanted to try. We sky lined over from HS which was crazy busy! Its 4:44 now and the day is just lovely at EPCOT. Heading back to HS for Oga's shortly! Banner day!!!

Oh good - we show up Saturday.

It was very busy but we pulled a soarin, fea, land, and se without having to work the app too much.

I went to EPCOT Sunday and yesterday evening. Both seemed very busy. Today AK and MK were crazy. Overall, it’s been the busiest I’ve ever seen the parks - but in all fairness I don’t come in the summer or the big holidays.

We were there yesterday (Tuesday) too and agree it was much calmer than Saturday/Sunday. Like, night and day! Weather was beauitful too.

I was at Epcot Saturday afternoon and at MK on Sunday. I am wondering if the Pro Bowl did have an impact. Epcot was a hot mess Saturday but MK felt almost empty Sunday (we commented amongst ourselves several times about how empty it was). That would make sense if it was game attendees driving attendance on the weekend.

We were able to move FP around and book same day dining both days, but there was definitely a huge difference between the two days as far as our crowd experience went.

That was my first thought, the Pro Bowl being in Orlando could easily have had a big impact. I believe there were events at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex if I am not mistaken. And with the Super Bowl in Miami the following weekend perhaps folks were wanting to double-up and do WDW and the Pro Bowl one weekend and the Super Bowl the next. Who knows for sure.

But hasn't been this way in years past. This year it's way different to another level of busy
The festival is pretty much the same and yesterday i came in and left through ig so the walls at the front had no impact on world showcase, it's definitely just way busier

This is still only the third year of the festival so you'd expect attendance to increase each of the first few years if it goes well. You're still talking about a festival with a lot of alcohol on a Saturday night. Exactly what I would have expected based on what we see during food and wine. Add that to increased crowds also coming for Galaxy Edge and I'm not surprised at all!

We were in Epcot on Sunday afternoon and it was so busy back in the world showcase I felt like if I tripped and lost my footing I wouldn't actually fall down because of how packed it was -- I would've simply been swept away by the crowds. Seriously -- it was crowded. More crowded than I've seen it in the past three years when traveling this same week.

Last week we did Friday-EP, Saturday-AK Sunday-MK, and Monday-HS.
Epcot was busy, but manageable. Caballeros queue extended out into shopping area, which I’ve never seen.
Animal Kingdom was EMH and it was slammed. ended up at a 10. Rope dropped FOP, but didn’t get to River Journey.
Magic Kingdom was the one that really surprised me. Small world and fantasyland rides over 50 minute wait? We have been a varying times of year, but saw times doubled what were normal. Even for medium level days.
Hollywood Studios is understandable right now.

Overall we rode everything we wanted. But typically this time of year we could ride some of it twice. That was the only disappointment. And I did some I swore I’d never do. Waited in a 120 minute queue...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter