Epcot Transformation - An Overview

I've long wished they could remove the Aladdin spinner from Adventureland and somehow sneak it into Morocco. Even just by the water. It must be possible. They moved Dumbo.

Imagine if Epcot had a cute little kiddie ride and Adventureland had space for more food and covered seating, like in Liberty Square.

I miss when F&W was an actual F&W festival with lots of industry representation and "celebrity" chefs and not just a way to sell pretty much the same snacks over and over again year after year and then extending it to almost year round snack fests.

I miss when they had actual restaurants run by actual chefs who planned the menu and had daily specials at a very competitive price.

The fountain.

The Norway ride.

The original Figment ride

Anything in the front of the park might be nice.

I miss actual full size beers at F&W - they removed those to stop people from drinking too much but in reality it probably just increased profit and I don't think it has reduced the drinking at all. Germany even reduced the size of their beers, but only during F&W - and its the same price.

I miss actual fresh buttery pretzels they used to sell in the Germany and not the current poor excuse for a pretzels that is only slightly better than the standard Disney pretzel, but its an improvement from the few years back where they seemed to be getting them from the central Disney kitchen.

Epcot is a shadow of what it once was - the transformation is a joke IMO

I've long wished they could remove the Aladdin spinner from Adventureland and somehow sneak it into Morocco.

I'm all for this too as long as it falls off the truck and sinks to the bottom of the Seven Seas Lagoon. 🤣

Removing the fountain was a terrible idea. Whoever made that call should be fired.

That was Zach Riddley and he got a promotion recently. The EPCOT transformation was a massive success, don't ya-know?

https://blogmickey.com/2023/08/zach...ategy-executive-for-walt-disney-imagineering/

He was rumored to be part of the Imagineering team that was recently visiting Dinoland (likely for the Moana and Zootopia overlays).

Last edited:
I'm all for this too as long as it falls off the truck and sinks to the bottom of the Seven Seas Lagoon. 🤣

Hey, the big lagoon goatses are gone. I don't know if we can get that lucky twice.

I had a thought about Journey of Water today. Maybe it'll make up for that magical water feeling we lost when the fountain of nations got obliterated?

I've seen some of the videos from Cast Previews/Technical Rehearsals and Journey of Water looks like a great addition to Epcot. Something family friendly, educational and entertaining (Edutainment) and the Moana representation is very minimal (literally just Te Fiti and some rockwork sculptures that you need to keep an eye on).

That was Zach Riddley and he got a promotion recently. The EPCOT transformation was a massive success, don't ya-know?

https://blogmickey.com/2023/08/zao
ch-riddley-promoted-from-epcot-imagineering-lead-to-global-creative-strategy-executive-for-walt-disney-imagineering/

He was rumored to be part of the Imagineering team that was recently visiting Dinoland (likely for the Moana and Zootopia overlays).
To be fair there aren't many legit imagineers left after they were fired or jumped ship I'm recent yeara.

It seems like a fitting addition, but with the way the epcot redo was trimmed down and the length of time it took really dampens the enthusiasm.
I've seen some of the videos from Cast Previews/Technical Rehearsals and Journey of Water looks like a great addition to Epcot. Something family friendly, educational and entertaining (Edutainment) and the Moana representation is very minimal (literally just Te Fiti and some rockwork sculptures that you need to keep an eye on).

There are so many things they could have done. What I would like to see..
1)bring back universe of energy in some form, tie it to climate change and make it into a weather pavilion.
2) at least update living with land video portion.
3) Soarin over the 50 states. Make a video for each state. Before riders board, they get to vote thru the MDE app which state they want to see.
4) Test Track needs to go back to the original "testing". At least it made sense. The theming in the current TT is amateur hour. The car design that riders make doesn't make any sense with the actual "testing"
5) spaceship earth needs an update after the apple computer in the garage. 40 years of communication improvements since then

I agree, the rumor was they slapped Moana on it so Chapek would let them build it. It was on the chopping block. They have been wanting to build a water cycle walkthrough for years and couldn't get it funded.

Last visit to Epcot was in the middle of Covid. I am hoping this time (Halloween) will be much better. I enjoyed Epcot then, but figure I will even more so next month. I did miss the meet and greets. One picture from long before then (using a little fuji 4mp) was with Tigger that I wish came out better.

I am deciding whether or not to get the Disney CC, even though I would seldom use it and already have two (plus the debit card), for the extra greets and any discounts at the parks. Though the discounts sound few and far in between.

I miss when F&W was an actual F&W festival with lots of industry representation and "celebrity" chefs and not just a way to sell pretty much the same snacks over and over again year after year and then extending it to almost year round snack fests.

I miss when they had actual restaurants run by actual chefs who planned the menu and had daily specials at a very competitive price.

The fountain.

The Norway ride.

The original Figment ride

Anything in the front of the park might be nice.

I miss actual full size beers at F&W - they removed those to stop people from drinking too much but in reality it probably just increased profit and I don't think it has reduced the drinking at all. Germany even reduced the size of their beers, but only during F&W - and its the same price.

I miss actual fresh buttery pretzels they used to sell in the Germany and not the current poor excuse for a pretzels that is only slightly better than the standard Disney pretzel, but its an improvement from the few years back where they seemed to be getting them from the central Disney kitchen.

Epcot is a shadow of what it once was - the transformation is a joke IMO
Couldn't agree more!

when did food and wine stop doing all the fun stuff?

I know people talk about 5th gates, but many of these parks need major work. To me MK keeps getting the investment, but it is the other parks - AK, HS, and Epcot that really need signifiant attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter