• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot World Showcase Wines

Nabas

DIS Veteran
We're planning on an afternoon and evening in the World Showcase in early December, and my friend enjoys wine. I'm a beer person and know where those are.

Obviously, the France and Italy Pavilions are good stops. But are there others along the way so that our sampling is a bit more evenly spaced throughout the World Showcase?

When are you going? If it’s during F&W, look up from your phone at any given time and you’ll find yourself about 1-2 mins from a festival booth selling alcohol, much of which is wine. If your friend is into wine they can check out the menus ahead of time and decide what wine to sample where. F&W offerings are samples generally, not full glasses of wine and some booths offer a mini-sample flight of like 3 wines.

When are you going? If it’s during F&W, look up from your phone at any given time and you’ll find yourself about 1-2 mins from a festival booth selling alcohol, much of which is wine. If your friend is into wine they can check out the menus ahead of time and decide what wine to sample where. F&W offerings are samples generally, not full glasses of wine and some booths offer a mini-sample flight of like 3 wines.
Early December.

Early December.
Ah. Festival of the Holidays is not nearly as wine heavy.

The only other spot I can think of is in the back of the shop in Canada. They have a little stand that has a couple Canadian beers and Canadian ice wine. It was a couple years ago I last went so this might have changed though. (If you are not familiar with it, fyi ice wine is VERY sweet.)

During festival of the holidays, the Germany booth will have Gluhwein, hot mulled red wine. It’s really good; Xmas in a cup. There’s also sake and plum wine in Japan. When the offerings at the booths are announced, check those out. The coquito, coconut-based Puerto Rican/Cuban eggnog. It’s much lighter than traditional eggnog and has rum. The America booths usually have good seasonal beers too.

I'm a huge wine drinker so am pretty familiar with all the places. Here goes:

Mexico - get a margerita instead.
China - skip it.
Same with Norway.
Germany - there is a little wine shop where you can get a small flight (they used to have a little cheese board but I don't think they do that any more). If they don't have the flight any more, they do still offer a tasting at the counter and there are little stand at tables.
Italy - Tutto Gusto works but they have changed it and now you just order off the same menu as the restaurant. They do still have flights. There is also a little wine shop there. I don't think they still have flights but they do still have tastings.
Morocco - there is a walk up bar at Spice Road Tables. They used to have flights but if they don't any more you can still get a glass of wine.
Japan - there is a little stand that has plume wine (and saki). You used to could get the plum wine inside the store but no longer.
France - there is a little wine shop that used to have flights but no longer, they do still have tastings.
Canada and GB - skip them.

There are a few wine flights at the booths during the Festival, more beer flights though. The countries I said skip do have wine in the restaurants but they are better for getting beer at their little outside walk up places. You used to be able to do a sort of flights around the world package where they picked the wines that went in the flights or you could just buy flights at those countries and pick your wines yourself. Those were in France/Italy and Germany. They did away with that then used the trying times as an excuse to get rid of the flights all together but kept the individual tastings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter