Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

So I now have a smartphone and would like to try Uber or Lyft. I have read a few pages and want to confirm. Since I'm Canadian my cell won't work using my data plan. I will only be able to use the Wi-fi. I believe this will still work as long as I can connect to Wi-fi at pick up and drop off locations, anyone know for sure? I was wanting to use when we switch from ASSp to a SeaWorld Hotel and then again from the SW Hotel to the airport.

Any discount codes that anyone knows?

Last edited:
So I now have a smartphone and would like to try Uber or Lyft. I have read a few pages and want to confirm. Since I'm Canadian my cell won't work using my data plan. I will only be able to use the Wi-fi. I believe this will still work as long as I can connect to Wi-fi at pick up and drop off locations, anyone know for sure? I was wanting to use when we switch from ASSp to a SeaWorld Hotel and then again from the SW Hotel to the airport.

Any discount codes that anyone knows?
Should be OK, as long as you're reasonably close to the pick up location when you make the request. If you can't get a signal at the exact location, try to move the pin to the right spot on the map before you request the ride, and if possible keep your phone on so that the driver can call or text you if they can't find you.

You can get a referral code from anyone with an existing account, either rider or driver. You can also usually get them on Groupon.

Tomorrow is TIP, TIP HOORAY DAY again for Uber

If you ride Uber tomorrow (Tues, August 15), be sure to leave your driver a tip on the Uber app. If you do, Uber will match your tip to the driver -- a double tip for the driver.

Uber did this the first day they had in-app tipping nationwide, but I don't think they really got the word out well and the tips weren't what they were hoping for -- so they're trying it again.

Guys,

Quick question for a WDW Lyft/Uber newbie... my research says that Uber would have one car seat available if required. Is that still accurate? Any way to get one that has two car seats or one car seat and one booster?

Thanks so much!!!

Guys,

Quick question for a WDW Lyft/Uber newbie... my research says that Uber would have one car seat available if required. Is that still accurate? Any way to get one that has two car seats or one car seat and one booster?

Thanks so much!!!
None with 2. None with a booster, only with a 5 point seat (don't believe they are convertible to booster, someone correct if wrong)
You must request a specific level of service that includes a car seat when you request your ride. I believe it's called Uber Family. Car seats are not in just any Uber car
You can bring a portable booster though, Bubblebum is a good one

You must request a specific level of service that includes a car seat when you request your ride. I believe it's called Uber Family.
In the app, it's just "UberX + car seat" or "UberXL + car seat". They're the last ones when you swipe the vehicle type to the left.

If I want to Uber/Lyft to MK from POR and want to arrive at MK at 4:00 pm, what time should I request Uber to pick us up?

Same question going from POR to BWI - want to arrive at BWI at 4:00?

thanks.

For MK, are you going to go to TTC and use the Ferry/Monorail and then get to MK by 4:00 or get to CR and walk to MK by 4:00? Could also do GF and monorail to MK (since it's next stop). Which you plan would change the length of time it takes to get to MK

I'm thinking you can get from POR to BWI in 15 min, most of the time we got a car in 5 min but I'd start watching the app about 3:30 and check the availability so you have an idea on what the waits are looking like. Plan to request sometime between 3:30 to 3:40, roughly. I think you'd get to BWI by 4:00ish.

For MK, are you going to go to TTC and use the Ferry/Monorail and then get to MK by 4:00 or get to CR and walk to MK by 4:00? Could also do GF and monorail to MK (since it's next stop). Which you plan would change the length of time it takes to get to MK

which of those is quickest? I'd say monorail vs. walking as it will be hot and/or raining.

So I'd say uber to TTC OR one of the monorail resorts ....which is quickest/easiest?

which of those is quickest? I'd say monorail vs. walking as it will be hot and/or raining.

So I'd say uber to TTC OR one of the monorail resorts ....which is quickest/easiest?
We always bus to MK, so I'm not really sure on how long the Ferry or Express monorail takes.
If I was going to Uber my first choice is usually to CR and walk. My reasoning there is, I know how long walking is, no question on how long I'll have to wait for something. But yeah, if it's really hot or raining, or both, not a good option.
If I wasn't doing that I think my next choice, at 4:00, would be to TTC. I'm going to guess that it's not going to be super busy that time of day so you should be able to get right on the next monorail to show up.

I'm staying offsite but plan to tour the Disney Resorts. Would I be able to have Uber or Lyft drive me from my offsite hotel to Animal Kingdom Lodge? Then later in the day from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Grand Floridian? Thanks.

I'm staying offsite but plan to tour the Disney Resorts. Would I be able to have Uber or Lyft drive me from my offsite hotel to Animal Kingdom Lodge? Then later in the day from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Grand Floridian? Thanks.

Yes, absolutely.

So if i get Uber to Walmart or Florida Mall from Art of Animation via resort wifi, Is there a wi-fi signal at Florida Mall or Walmart to order Uber on return? (i'm from the UK and dont want to use data roaming charges...if my phone does that, i need to check)

We have a PPO BOG reservation next week at 8:20 and we are staying at AoA. Based on what I've read, I believe I need to take an Uber/Lyft to get to MK at that hour (will drop off at CR and walk). What time do I need to request a pick up from AoA? Thanks!

So if i get Uber to Walmart or Florida Mall from Art of Animation via resort wifi, Is there a wi-fi signal at Florida Mall or Walmart to order Uber on return? (i'm from the UK and dont want to use data roaming charges...if my phone does that, i need to check)
http://www.simon.com/mall/the-florida-mall/about:
"The Florida Mall also offers outstanding guest amenities and services, including valet parking, free WiFi, currency exchange, package and baggage check and two children’s play areas."

Many Walmarts have customer Wi-Fi; don't know about the one on Vineland.

We have a PPO BOG reservation next week at 8:20 and we are staying at AoA. Based on what I've read, I believe I need to take an Uber/Lyft to get to MK at that hour (will drop off at CR and walk). What time do I need to request a pick up from AoA? Thanks!
No advice on when to request Lyft/Uber, but these are not your only operations. Disney buses from each resort to each park start around 6:30 AM and come about every 30 minutes, every day. Bus will take you adjacent to the MK entrance. Rideshare can only take you to TTC or a resort.

Be at the bus stop before 7:30.
f I wasn't doing that I think my next choice, at 4:00, would be to TTC. I'm going to guess that it's not going to be super busy that time of day so you should be able to get right on the next monorail to show up.
Disagreeable weather conditions, I would say take the rideshare to GF, as it's a single, closer stop.

Disagreeable weather conditions, I would say take the rideshare to GF, as it's a single, closer stop.
Not talking about using the Resort monorail from TTC. There is an express monorail straight from TTC to MK so I don't see that the one from GF is better/worse. Liable to be more crowded but at 4:00, who knows.

No advice on when to request Lyft/Uber, but these are not your only operations. Disney buses from each resort to each park start around 6:30 AM and come about every 30 minutes, every day. Bus will take you adjacent to the MK entrance. Rideshare can only take you to TTC or a resort.

Be at the bus stop before 7:30.

Thank you so much for the reply! I guess I'm confused - I thought I read somewhere that bus transportation only began 45 minutes before park opening. That's why I was thinking rideshare. So if the bus picks up starting at 6:30, I should be good.

By the way, in my post I mentioned getting dropped off at Contemporary and walking to MK. I realize cars can't drop off at the gates but didn't know the travel time from AoA to CR and how long it takes to walk from drop off point to MK turnstiles. Guess it doesn't really matter now. Again, thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter