Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I read the beginning posts, and I'm not seeing this info - sorry if I missed it.

After booking your first LL at 7 am, I know you can book the next one 2 hours after park opening. Does ETPE factor into this? For instance, if we're heading to MK and park opening is at 9:00 but ETPE is at 8:30, can I book my next LL at 11:00 or 10:30?

(I know there are a couple of other times you can book your next LL, I'm just specifically wondering about when the 2 hour timeframe starts wit ETPE.)

Thanks!

I thought that one couldn’t hop until 2pm, and had to have entered the park (even if one then leaves) in order to try for the1pm drop.
Thank you. Yes, you’re correct, it’s 2PM. I have corrected my mis-type above to 2:00.
I read the beginning posts, and I'm not seeing this info - sorry if I missed it.

After booking your first LL at 7 am, I know you can book the next one 2 hours after park opening. Does ETPE factor into this? For instance, if we're heading to MK and park opening is at 9:00 but ETPE is at 8:30, can I book my next LL at 11:00 or 10:30?

(I know there are a couple of other times you can book your next LL, I'm just specifically wondering about when the 2 hour timeframe starts wit ETPE.)

Thanks!
It is 2 hours after official park opening so in your example 11:00.

I just clarified this on page one based on your feedback. Thank you for asking for clarification.

Just fyi, we were at Epcot yesterday, I didn't think to check GotG until 1:15, I skipped 7am too, but the VQ was full at that time. I know it's been a bit busier the last 2 weeks, but sounds like it'll just keep getting busier through the end of the year, so I wouldn't count on hopping to Epcot and being able to get a VQ, unless you're deluxe and try at 6. Of course, it's always worth checking as every day is different! 😁

Here's what I think it has been so far:
October 2021 through October 11, 2022: $15.00
October 12 through October 14, 2022: $20.00
October 15 through October 17, 2022: $22.00
October 18 through ??: $18.00

It's $20.00 today

Here's what I think it has been so far:
October 2021 through October 11, 2022: $15.00
October 12 through October 14, 2022: $20.00
October 15 through October 17, 2022: $22.00
October 18 through ??: $18.00

It's $20.00 today
It only took 1 day of comparing to find out we cannot use the daily price of a 1 day ticket to try and predict the cost of Genie+.

Tues, Oct 18, 2022
Price of 1 day ticket: $139
Price of Genie+: $18

Wed, Oct 19, 2022
Price of Genie+: $20

So much for that theory. 🧙‍♂️ *poof!*

It only took 1 day of comparing to find out we cannot use the daily price of a 1 day ticket to try and predict the cost of Genie+.

Tues, Oct 18, 2022
Price of Genie+: $18

Wed, Oct 19, 2022
Price of Genie+: $20

So much for that theory. 🧙‍♂️ *poof!*
I'm pretty sure it's based off the number of total park reservations for the day. And since Disney doesn't give out that number we'll never know for sure.

Hello - Travelling with a group of 6. Would like to clarify that *for the group* there can only be (1) LL and (1) LL$ booked at 7:00am

I will book ROTR ILL$ and my husband will book SDD LL for all of us and then no one can make any other reservations until we tap into SDD OR 120 min after the park opens.

But at 7am, let's say my mom for example, can't book a LL for us all at ToT

Hello - Travelling with a group of 6. Would like to clarify that *for the group* there can only be (1) LL and (1) LL$ booked at 7:00am

I will book ROTR ILL$ and my husband will book SDD LL for all of us and then no one can make any other reservations until we tap into SDD OR 120 min after the park opens.

But at 7am, let's say my mom for example, can't book a LL for us all at ToT
If your mom is booking tot for herself and was in the SDD group, she could cancel sdd for herself and book tot, but if you're asking if 1 person can book sdd for everyone and another book tot for everyone, then no that's not possible.

However, if you have park hoppers, you can buy 2 ILL$ at 7am, but only 1 for each park. So you could buy rotr and GotG at 7am with hoppers.

Non techie person - learning to use cellphone outside of Canada. Is there free wifi available in MK for being able to use Genie?

We are going to be a party of 8. When I play around the tip board and see lightning lanes available, I notice you don't put for how many people until you are actually booking. Will it be harder for us to get the actual times for a party of 8 than a party of 2, or does it just let you put as many people as are in your list in that slot if it is available?

We are going to be a party of 8. When I play around the tip board and see lightning lanes available, I notice you don't put for how many people until you are actually booking. Will it be harder for us to get the actual times for a party of 8 than a party of 2, or does it just let you put as many people as are in your list in that slot if it is available?
Yeah, just check off everyone in your party you want to book for and it'll give you a return time.

I know when you book a virtual que, you can pre-select your party before the time the que opens. Does it work the same way for the 7am lightening lane? For example, there are 10 of us traveling together and linked, but only 4 want to ride Slinky. Is there anyway to pre-select just those 4 people before 7am?

Forgive me, I have been swamped with work and not up-to-date. I am also having memory problems due to exhaustion. :P Hoping a kind person will respond.

Tickets for an upcoming trip were purchased long ago and before the pre-purchase of G+ was dropped. The tickets have the Genie + attached to them. Park passes have been made. Is it possible to switch the park pass for a different park and keep the Genie + attached to the ticket?

Thank you!!

Forgive me, I have been swamped with work and not up-to-date. I am also having memory problems due to exhaustion. :P Hoping a kind person will respond.

Tickets for an upcoming trip were purchased long ago and before the pre-purchase of G+ was dropped. The tickets have the Genie + attached to them. Park passes have been made. Is it possible to switch the park pass for a different park and keep the Genie + attached to the ticket?

Thank you!!
Yes, Genie+ is attached to your tickets, not your park reservations. You may change the park you’ve reserved to any park that has reservation availability and Genie+ will always go with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter