Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Yes, your friend is correct. And if you get confused while you're there, Genie+ now shows you exactly when you can make the next LL.

When I'm planning to be in the park for early entry, I rarely make a LL for noon or later since I want to keep making them. The only exception to this would be for rides that book up quickly and that I know I want to do. In that case, I'll take whatever they give me at 7 a.m. and hope for the best.

One additional question (if you have a minute to help) - on my travel day, I'm hoping to make some LL plans before my flight even leaves Boston. I'm hoping to grab an ILL and a LL before 8am, which is when my flight leaves - and then more when we land at 11. Will this be possible before we check into the hotel?

One additional question (if you have a minute to help) - on my travel day, I'm hoping to make some LL plans before my flight even leaves Boston. I'm hoping to grab an ILL and a LL before 8am, which is when my flight leaves - and then more when we land at 11. Will this be possible before we check into the hotel?
Yes. You can book a LL from anywhere.

Yes. You can book a LL from anywhere.

Can I ask you to clarify LL booking times for me, please? Can you book 2 LL one right after the other as long as they're over 120 mins apart (ie book one for 9 am then immediately book another for 11.30 or vice versa) or must you wait 2 hours before you can book another even if they'd be over 120 minutes apart?

I've never used G+ before and trying to figure some of the 'ins and outs' makes my head spin, let alone the 'tips and tricks' to it.

If your 'hotel' is a Disney resort, you can book ILL as early as 7AM. If you're staying off-site, you'll need to wait until park opening (9AM?) to book an ILL - which means you'd need plane wifi! Whether on-site or off-site, you can book your first LL at 7AM.

Can I ask you to clarify LL booking times for me, please? Can you book 2 LL one right after the other as long as they're over 120 mins apart (ie book one for 9 am then immediately book another for 11.30 or vice versa) or must you wait 2 hours before you can book another even if they'd be over 120 minutes apart?

I've never used G+ before and trying to figure some of the 'ins and outs' makes my head spin, let alone the 'tips and tricks' to it.
You may or may not be aware, but when booking a G+/LL, you'll have to choose the 'next available' time - you cannot select a specific time window like you can with the ILL purchased attraction. A tip - your MDE app will clearly show you when you're eligible to book your next G+/LL. We often set an alarm on the phone or watch to go off 10 minutes before that next window opens, just to remind us - no need to keep monitoring the app..... I'd also recommend you read up and get familiar with the modify option. We use it a lot. If you want to ride attraction A after 1PM, for example, but the time is 11AM when you can book, you should grab it. Then watch and use modify to move the time later in the day. If you use modify, your 120-minute next-booking-window won't change. If you cancel the 11AM and REBOOK for 1PM, your next-booking-window starts all over again. Hope that makes sense.

Please read the posts on page one of this thread. We have taken time to as clearly as possible explain all the details of Genie+ and ILL$.

Please read the posts on page one of this thread. We have taken time to as clearly as possible explain all the details of Genie+ and ILL$.
I guess I think it is still confusing after reading OP advice to Please Read Post 1-7 dated 10/31/21 with an update that includes Genie+ Sold Out MultiPark 1/5/24 at $27 price Dated 1/21/22 and also trying to determine the changes announced 1/9/24 … plus 194 pages !!!
This is not simple enough for me … apparently .

I guess I think it is still confusing after reading OP advice to Please Read Post 1-7 dated 10/31/21 with an update that includes Genie+ Sold Out MultiPark 1/5/24 at $27 price Dated 1/21/22 and also trying to determine the changes announced 1/9/24 … plus 194 pages !!!
This is not simple enough for me … apparently .
The posts on page one are kept updated. The information is current.

You don’t need to read all 194 pages. Posts on page one contain what you need to know which is why we created them. G+ is not simple. Page 1 is as simplified as we can make it.

In general, if you book your first LL at 7 AM you can book your second one 2 hours after the park you’re at officially open but, there are exceptions which is why I recommend you review page 1.

Last edited:
You may or may not be aware, but when booking a G+/LL, you'll have to choose the 'next available' time - you cannot select a specific time window like you can with the ILL purchased attraction. A tip - your MDE app will clearly show you when you're eligible to book your next G+/LL. We often set an alarm on the phone or watch to go off 10 minutes before that next window opens, just to remind us - no need to keep monitoring the app..... I'd also recommend you read up and get familiar with the modify option. We use it a lot. If you want to ride attraction A after 1PM, for example, but the time is 11AM when you can book, you should grab it. Then watch and use modify to move the time later in the day. If you use modify, your 120-minute next-booking-window won't change. If you cancel the 11AM and REBOOK for 1PM, your next-booking-window starts all over again. Hope that makes sense.
Thank you so much for your clear and concise answer!! Much appreciated and very helpful!

I've actually 'cut and pasted' to my now 15 page 'WDW trip doc'. lol

Reactions: SF5
Hi all. Want to make sure I’m not missing something with Genie+. When you go to book an attraction, it only displays one time to choose. Are you not able to see times later in the day at all?

I understand I can book then check back to refresh/modify for the time I’m looking for but if trying to stack passes for an afternoon only, seems have to keep modifying early afternoon for the later times to finally appear.

Would be nice to just choose available and preferred time as we used to with Fast Pass.

Thanks!

Genie+/LL selections are for the next available time slot - you can't actually choose a later time. It's the same as the original FP, when we'd get paper slips with a time printed on them. Individual Lightning Lane purchases do allow for selecting a specific time range, if available. ILL is the same as the old FP+ system in that regard.

Yes, we use modify often when stacking. The good news with modify, the time for making your next G+/LL doesn't change. If you cancel and rebook a G+/LL, then your 2-hr window starts over - hope that makes sense.

There are indications some changes will be coming to Genie+ later this year - LOTS of rumors as to what that might be. For me, my #1 hope - to make it a better product - is that they allow us to select a time window, like you're looking to do!! But we're not there yet.

Thank you for confirming. I didn’t think there was a way to see other times when booking/modifying but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something major.

Thanks!

Does modifying work easily? Last time we used genie you couldn’t modify your times. We like to stack our LL for our evening park. Are there any issues booking early and then just moving it later multiple times during the day? Glad to see it doesn’t reset your 2 hour window if you modify.

Does modifying work easily? Last time we used genie you couldn’t modify your times. We like to stack our LL for our evening park. Are there any issues booking early and then just moving it later multiple times during the day? Glad to see it doesn’t reset your 2 hour window if you modify.
Yes, modifying works well. There is a post on page 1 dedicated to modifying. At the bottom of that post is also a link to a very helpful YouTube demo.

I purchased a two day park hopper pass for me and my DH. Our flight leaves at 6:25am and doesn't arrive @ MCO until 8:55am. So I will not be able to try and get a virtual or LL at 7am for the day we arrive. I was wondering if I gave access to a friend, if they could get in and book that for me, or is that not allowed or not even possible to do? I was just trying to get the most out of the two days we are there.

I purchased a two day park hopper pass for me and my DH. Our flight leaves at 6:25am and doesn't arrive @ MCO until 8:55am. So I will not be able to try and get a virtual or LL at 7am for the day we arrive. I was wondering if I gave access to a friend, if they could get in and book that for me, or is that not allowed or not even possible to do? I was just trying to get the most out of the two days we are there.

Yes, they can do that for you.

I have a question about the photo benefits with Genie+. On Disney's site, it says you receive digital downloads on select attraction images and you unlock special PhotoPass lenses. Does this essentially give all the same benefits as the MemoryMaker? What are the differences? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter