Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

You don't cancel under "View Details" of your current park pass reservations if you have an AP. See post #511 or #512 above for step by step instructions on where the cancel button is for AP. But that's why you get an "ate the page" message when you click View Details. The link is broken now. IT needs to remove it since they moved the cancel option somewhere else for AP.

Thanks! But wow...what a convoluted, non-user-friendly, non-intuitive freak show mess to find it.

When do you have to cancel a reservation by? Will not know if I will attend the park until the morning of the actual day I have reserved. Thanks.

So there is no consequence to not cancelling?
No. DL has implemented a penalty but WDW has not
They can release them back in to the pool for others to use so it's courtesy to cancel if you can but not sure doing it day of helps any or not. No idea if they release them immediate or if it takes a bit of time. It probably never hurts to cancel, even day of. Just in case, especially if it's sold out park day. If it's not, it doesn't likely matter at all.

Thanks! But wow...what a convoluted, non-user-friendly, non-intuitive freak show mess to find it.
Yes and no. Once you find out, I like that way to delete them. But yeah, it took a bit to figure out. I guess if they'd started that way from the beginning it would be different. And clearly they need to remove the View Details option seeing how there is nothing to view.

Last edited:
Disney going to add Park Reservations to Park Hopping. So now you will have to reserve both parks you plan on going to. Layer on the complications Disney. We LOVE it.

Disney going to add Park Reservations to Park Hopping. So now you will have to reserve both parks you plan on going to. Layer on the complications Disney. We LOVE it.
Please note: This is a RUMOUR at this time. It may happen but until it is officially announced by Disney it remains in rumour status.

Also, please support such statements with supporting links. Thanks.

Please note: This is a RUMOUR at this time. It may happen but until it is officially announced by Disney it remains in rumour status.

Also, please support such statements with supporting links. Thanks.
I am sorta new here. Is there a better place to post this information without being reprimanded?

I am sorta new here. Is there a better place to post this information without being reprimanded?
You're welcome to add it here but please provide all information and state that it is a rumour, not state it as fact which is what your post did.

This is potentially a huge change and in days when many are already upset with Disney, we don't want to upset people unnecessarily until if/when an official announcement is made by Disney.

Longtime DIS-er but we haven’t been to WDW since 2019. Thinking of a July 4th trip next year. Does the park reservation system mean you no longer have to worry about a park closing to capacity? If I’ve got a reservation for that day and leave for a midday break, is there a chance that I won’t get readmitted for the evening fireworks? Thanks!

AFAIK the answer is that you are guaranteed entry with your park reservation, even if you leave and return.

Longtime DIS-er but we haven’t been to WDW since 2019. Thinking of a July 4th trip next year. Does the park reservation system mean you no longer have to worry about a park closing to capacity? If I’ve got a reservation for that day and leave for a midday break, is there a chance that I won’t get readmitted for the evening fireworks? Thanks!
Your question has been merged with the ‘Everything Park Reservations’ thread.

Yes, a park reservation grants you access to the park you have a reservation for, from open to close. Post 1 contains a lot of other helpful information too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter