• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

6. Disney is updating their policies. If a park reservation was made due to a guest having tickets attached to their MyDisneyExperience (MDE) app, if that ticket is removed but park reservations not removed by the guest, an email will be sent to guests advising them that a valid park admission is required in order to retain the park reservation. It appears guests will have a couple of days to link a new ticket to their MDE account or their park reservation(s) will automatically be cancelled. This has potential to open more availability as until now it was a guest's responsibility to go in to MDE and cancel their reservations if they cancelled their trip.

I made a MK park reservation with an AP voucher on my MDE profile. I am not going to use this voucher, instead, I have purchased a 3 day ticket. If I move the AP to an unused profile, will the 3 day ticket hold my current park reservations, or will they be deleted because the AP voucher is no longer attached? I also have a resort reservation linked.

Park reservations are not directly tied to any specific ticket and will stay as long as any valid ticket remains in your account.

Why would Hollywood Studios already be booked for Oct. 11 - 14, is there something special going on besides the 50th Anniversary

Has anyone seen dates open up for specific parks as they increase capacity?
So we had a change/addition with one of my kids friends coming with us last week. we are going 7/3-10. I knew HS was already booked for our 2 HS days so after I bought there ticket thru DVC i wnet on to do their park reservations and strangely enough event though the park showed sold out to Resorts guests it allowed me to make reservations for those 2 days. not sure how it happened but it did so i would make sure if you have a day that is closed keep trying

Has anyone seen dates open up for specific parks as they increase capacity?
Park availability changes at different times but we're never sure why as they don't announce capacity changes. We are aware that they shuffle the buckets around but again, this isn't announced, just happens.
So we had a change/addition with one of my kids friends coming with us last week. we are going 7/3-10. I knew HS was already booked for our 2 HS days so after I bought there ticket thru DVC i wnet on to do their park reservations and strangely enough event though the park showed sold out to Resorts guests it allowed me to make reservations for those 2 days. not sure how it happened but it did so i would make sure if you have a day that is closed keep trying
The availability calendar is not updated real-time so there can be times where it shows full be people are able to secure reservations. Best option is to do what you did and keep trying as sometimes the calendar shows full but guests are still able to secure park reservations.

I am sorry if this has already been asked...
Do you have to enter a designated park before a certain time? I have park reservations for everyday my family and I plan on going to the parks. However, on the day we arrive, we wouldn't head to the reserved park until the evening. Would this be a problem?

I am sorry if this has already been asked...
Do you have to enter a designated park before a certain time? I have park reservations for everyday my family and I plan on going to the parks. However, on the day we arrive, we wouldn't head to the reserved park until the evening. Would this be a problem?
Not a problem. You can enter your reserved park at any time throughout the day.

What does everyone think about park availability opening up any more for the end of June?

What does everyone think about park availability opening up any more for the end of June?
Unfortunately nobody can answer this question at this time and any guesses would purely be that. If you have tickets and cannot get reservations, please keep checking as people's plans change so park reservations may open.

5. Don't worry about it. You're all set.

My email to ticketing was inquiring if:
  • Creating the non-expire accounts was the normal process.
  • How do I make future park reservations with my MDE account since it no longer contains valid admission... when obviously I still do.
  • How to use the non-expiration tickets since they are no longer attached to my MBs and cards.

I'm an AP holder, taking a person with a 5-day ticket. We're staying off site. I've already made his reservations, and know I can only make 3 days for me. For the sake of simplicity, let's say we're going Monday-Friday, and I have reservations Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. At what point during Monday can I book a Thursday reservation? Is it after I enter a park? After the parks close?

I'm an AP holder, taking a person with a 5-day ticket. We're staying off site. I've already made his reservations, and know I can only make 3 days for me. For the sake of simplicity, let's say we're going Monday-Friday, and I have reservations Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. At what point during Monday can I book a Thursday reservation? Is it after I enter a park? After the parks close?
You may make a new reservation after the last park closes Monday, as long as there is still availability for annual passes.

On October 11 and 12. And for thanksgiving week. Just yesterday it was gone for DHS. I’ve been checking for MK on 10/31 daily and that still hasn’t opened up. Hope this helps someone !

I just noticed that all of November is showing “green” now on the availability chart; previously the week of Thanksgiving had only partial availability.

july 4th week only had partial availability and i just noticed it is all green now if anyone was trying to get a DHS or MKG reservation

I think they increased capacity across the board starting in July. I had a trip planned in July where a number of days already had HS for resorts and tickets gone and now everything is green again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter