Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

At this time according to the park availability calendar on the MDE app all dates are still available at all parks but it's best to check yourself as canceling and rebooking comes with a risk during busier dates. Unfortunately, the way the system is designed, the only way to change a park is to have an open day to book so you would need to cancel a park date in order to rebook it at a different park. Wish it was not this way.
You've been able to change a reservation without canceling since August. (Post 1 seems to be out of date regarding this.) The system is a little confusing. When you start the modify procedure, availability looks limited. This threw me off at first too. It shows no or limited availability on the days you already have reserved (you can't make a reservation because you already have one). Keep going to see if you can make the change you want. You can back out without losing your existing reservation up until you confirm the change to a new park.

The only risk in modifying is if you only want to change day 1 if you can also change day 2. You modify day 1, but then can't get what you want for day 2. Changes can only be made one day at a time.

You've been able to change a reservation without canceling since August. (Post 1 seems to be out of date regarding this.) The system is a little confusing. When you start the modify procedure, availability looks limited. This threw me off at first too. It shows no or limited availability on the days you already have reserved (you can't make a reservation because you already have one). Keep going to see if you can make the change you want. You can back out without losing your existing reservation up until you confirm the change to a new park.

The only risk in modifying is if you only want to change day 1 if you can also change day 2. You modify day 1, but then can't get what you want for day 2. Changes can only be made one day at a time.
Thanks. I don't have any park reservations to play with. Hopefully your description will assist OP in modifying their park reservations without first having to cancel one they have.

I booked a potential trip yesterday so now have allocation to play around with how this works and will update post 1 soon. Thanks for your help!

I don't know if anyone here can help me. I posted in the Cast Member forum as well.

The Blockout Dates haven't been posted for February yet. Without Blockout Dates releasing, I can't make park reservations with my Main Gate pass. I'm a non-Florida cast member, so I plan trips like most regular guests do. It's driving me absolutely mad that I can't make my park reservations yet. My resort reservation is for February 4th. I have dining reservations lined up and everything, but I may not be able to get into the parks. 😖

For what it's worth, before the park reservation system, Blockout Dates were posted about 3 months in advance. (And Disneyland currently has them posted through the end of April.) But WDW only has January available. For the past couple of months, they were posting about 30-35 days out. (September being posted late July, for example.) I keep pretty close tabs on what's available to see how quickly CM availability fills up, and this is the first time I've seen them be this late on posting availability.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the rumored changes coming to the park reservation system, where it may only be required for APs and CMs in the future. Does anyone have some insight on what's happening?

I don't know if anyone here can help me. I posted in the Cast Member forum as well.

The Blockout Dates haven't been posted for February yet. Without Blockout Dates releasing, I can't make park reservations with my Main Gate pass. I'm a non-Florida cast member, so I plan trips like most regular guests do. It's driving me absolutely mad that I can't make my park reservations yet. My resort reservation is for February 4th. I have dining reservations lined up and everything, but I may not be able to get into the parks. 😖

For what it's worth, before the park reservation system, Blockout Dates were posted about 3 months in advance. (And Disneyland currently has them posted through the end of April.) But WDW only has January available. For the past couple of months, they were posting about 30-35 days out. (September being posted late July, for example.) I keep pretty close tabs on what's available to see how quickly CM availability fills up, and this is the first time I've seen them be this late on posting availability.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the rumored changes coming to the park reservation system, where it may only be required for APs and CMs in the future. Does anyone have some insight on what's happening?
At this point no changes have been announced to the park reservation system.

With the current reservation requirement, if you are arriving at your first park after 2:00 p.m. do you still need a park reservation?

I was thinking about driving down for the Broadway concert at EPCOT tonight and have never gone to a park after 2:00 when I hadn't been to a park earlier.

Thank you!!!

With the current reservation requirement, if you are arriving at your first park after 2:00 p.m. do you still need a park reservation?

I was thinking about driving down for the Broadway concert at EPCOT tonight and have never gone to a park after 2:00 when I hadn't been to a park earlier.

Thank you!!!
Currently yes. The new changes about entering any park without a reservation (except MK on weekends) after 2pm haven’t gone into effect yet.

Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this for me and I’m afraid to trust what a Disney rep may say. I have a resort package reserved for a week in April. We booked with friends at a discount. It includes tickets which I was going to save for another time because DH and I have APs. We made our park reservations when we booked that package. Now our friends aren’t going so DH and I decided were going to stay offsite and just use our APs to save $. If I cancel the package do I lose my park reservations? Normally it wouldn’t be a big deal but for this week we have MK reservations for 4/4 which is when Tron opens and there are no AP reservations available for that day now. So if cancelling the package means I lose my park reservations I won’t be able to get MK that day.

I'm hoping someone else can answer definitively but I'm almost positive that if you book your park reservations with a resort package but cancel your package, the park reservations are automatically shortly after that when they clean their system and compare reservations to the packages they were booked with.

tomorrow we have a second day booked for HS but are thinking we don't need a second day there, we are thinking of having a more relaxed day and switching our park pass to Magic Kingdom instead (just a leisurely tour, we have a full day booked there on Monday and spent a full day there already this week)...all parks still have availability, do we have to decide by midnight or anything? or can we just decide when we get up tomorrow?

tomorrow we have a second day booked for HS but are thinking we don't need a second day there, we are thinking of having a more relaxed day and switching our park pass to Magic Kingdom instead (just a leisurely tour, we have a full day booked there on Monday and spent a full day there already this week)...all parks still have availability, do we have to decide by midnight or anything? or can we just decide when we get up tomorrow?
You can change at any time (based on availability) until you tap into the reserved park.

We have tickets with the park hopper option. I know you have to have a reservation for the park you will be visiting in the morning, but do you also have to make a reservation for the park you want to visit after 2:00 pm also?

I'm going in late March (March 20-24)...currently have the Pixie Dust annual pass as FL resident which means I can only make 3 park reservations at any given time. A little worried about being able to make additional reservations at the last minute given it's such a busy time. I read that AP can go into any park after 2pm without a reservation on weekdays...just confirming that's the case? I figure the worst case scenario if I can't get park reservations for the remaining days of my trip is just to go in the afternoon.

I read that AP can go into any park after 2pm without a reservation on weekdays...just confirming that's the case?
Disney hasn't announced a start date for that new policy, so at this moment, you'd need a reservation for the first park you enter each day. Keep eyes on this board, because when that date is announced it will be shared here!

Disney hasn't announced a start date for that new policy, so at this moment, you'd need a reservation for the first park you enter each day. Keep eyes on this board, because when that date is announced it will be shared here!
I’m an annual passholder and as of yesterday, you still need a reservation to enter after 2pm. Decided to try and give it a go at MK since it wasn’t a weekend and I wasn’t 100% sure if it was in place yet, and no go lol

There were open reservations so I just made one on the spot instead. The CM was actually confused because she said she thought it should be working now too, but alas, reservations still needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter