Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What times are the parking lots opening now with each park? We’re planning out our RD strategy, but with parks opening before the opening times, will we be able to take advantage of this by driving our own car?

Parking lots open approximately 45 minutes prior to official park opening. If you arrive more than an hour prior to opening time they will send you around. Those arriving via WDW transportation, or on foot, are the first entering the park.

That was our experience that they opened about 45 minutes before official park opening. That also was the time that they started letting guests into the parks, so if you drove in, by the time you got to the gate, many had been in the parks for a while.

Boat or Bus from Wilderness Lodge to rope drop MK? Do the boats start the same time as buses?

That was our experience that they opened about 45 minutes before official park opening. That also was the time that they started letting guests into the parks, so if you drove in, by the time you got to the gate, many had been in the parks for a while.

What happens at the TTC? I'd imagine the ferry would wait to fill with drivers, but is the monorail operational at an hour before park open for guests walking to TTC from the Poly?

I guess I need to prepare the team for the 30 minute trek via the GF walkway!
You can but you will most likely be held at the walkway entrance until approx the same time that other forms of transportation arrive. Disney is coordinating their rope drops to happen so that all forms of transportation to the parks allow guests to enter within a few minutes of each other.

When you say "held at the walkway entrance" do you mean at the entrance to MK from GF walkway? Or do they hold the people wanting to walk from TTC to MK at the TTC area? Is it feasible to Uber to TTC around 6:30am-ish and take a leisurely stroll to MK from there?

When you say "held at the walkway entrance" do you mean at the entrance to MK from GF walkway? Or do they hold the people wanting to walk from TTC to MK at the TTC area? Is it feasible to Uber to TTC around 6:30am-ish and take a leisurely stroll to MK from there?
The walkways to MK from CR and GF each have a security check before arriving at MK, and it's my understanding that folks walking from the resorts are held at that point.

You cannot be dropped off at the TTC until the parking lot opens -- ride share and offsite bus drop-off opens at the same time as the parking lot access.

You can but you will most likely be held at the walkway entrance until approx the same time that other forms of transportation arrive. Disney is coordinating their rope drops to happen so that all forms of transportation to the parks allow guests to enter within a few minutes of each other.

True. But by walking you at least control where you are in each pool of arriving guests. My last two times walking from BLT (March) we were second in line at the walkway checkpoint. One time we were the first family in the park, second time we were lining up with bus riders.

True. But by walking you at least control where you are in each pool of arriving guests. My last two times walking from BLT (March) we were second in line at the walkway checkpoint. One time we were the first family in the park, second time we were lining up with bus riders.
While this is quite true if you’re staying on property at a resort close to a park you can choose when you begin walking from your resort, it’s not the same from those driving to the TTC. My impression from what was said (and I could be wrong) is that you are driving to TTC this trip so will begin your walk to MK from the TTC after the parking is lot is open and other guests head to the monorail and ferry. Both forms of transportation (monorail and ferry) will begin running as soon as they open the parking lot so guests walking from TTC are ‘racing’ the monorail and ferry.

Last edited:
While this is quite true if you’re staying on property at a resort close to a park you can choose when you begin walking from your resort, it’s not the same from those driving to the TTC. My impression from what was said (and I could be wrong) is that you are driving to TTC this trip so will begin your walk to MK from the TTC after the parking is lot is open and other guests head to the monorail and ferry. Both forms of transportation (monorail and ferry) will begin running as soon as they open the parking lot so guests walking from TTC are ‘racing’ the monorail and ferry.
Ahh. No, just determining path of least resistance from the Poly. We have to use TTC for monorail access due to construction at the Great Ceremonial House. Originally thought we might be able to ride the monorail before those driving to TTC, but it doesn’t sound like it starts running until after cars arrive.

Ahh. No, just determining path of least resistance from the Poly. We have to use TTC for monorail access due to construction at the Great Ceremonial House. Originally thought we might be able to ride the monorail before those driving to TTC, but it doesn’t sound like it starts running until after cars arrive.
Now it all makes sense! Thank you for clarifying.

Yes, if you're staying at Poly you can either walk to TTC then monorail/ferry to MK. If you wish to enter with the walkers you will do just as you did from BLT except from the Poly/GF side.

We got very good early morning results this week from the Boardwalk by taking buses to MK and DAK and walking to DHS. We did all of our Epcot visits in the late afternoon and evening.

One of my daughters has a reservation at Caribbean Beach coming up in June, and I‘m wondering if it’s possible to have similar success taking buses from there to MK and DAK. It seems like the multiple bus stops would make for a longer trip from the earlier stops, and full buses before buses reach the later stops. Unless they start running buses earlier from there than from resorts with just one stop and/or run more frequent buses to ensure service to the later stops, it would be difficult for someone coming from CBR to get to MK or DAK in time for openings that take place before official open.

Can anyone offer their experiences at CBR?

I'm here now and walking to HS tomorrow morning. My plan is to be there an hour before rope drop but I realize I have NO idea what rides will be open before official park opening. What would you recommend we hit for our first few rides?

I'm here now and walking to HS tomorrow morning. My plan is to be there an hour before rope drop but I realize I have NO idea what rides will be open before official park opening. What would you recommend we hit for our first few rides?
Post 1 lists the rides that are often open at Rope Drop although there is no guarantee.

On Monday, we walked from the Boardwalk and arrived about 8:05 for the 9 AM official open. There were long lines already and they started letting people through the temperature checks, scanners, and gates about 7:15, We walked directly to SDD and the first riders were on the track as we worked our way through the line, When we got off we went over to TOT where the posted wait was the traditional 13 minutes, but it went to 20 as we passed it and we got on in about 15 minutes. We then went over to RNRC where the line was long into the courtyard but moved quickly, so we were on and off in less than the posted time of 25 minutes, By the time we got off, the line stretched pretty far back on to Sunset Boulevard. After a Starbucks break for my wife and daughters we did Star Tours with a wait of no more than 15 minutes.

We‘re going again today, and after Slinky I want to go to MFSR to take a turn at pilot. On Sunday evening I was the gunner while my daughters were pilots. That day we hopped to DHS around 5 after a morning at MK and were able to ride TSMM, MMRR, and MFSR with waits shorter than the posted times and closer to the estimated waits listed on Touring Plans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter