• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Please read post 1 of this thread as it includes a lot of helpful information.

I would recommend trying for a VQ at 7AM. Guardians VQ's are good from the time your group is called until park close. If you wait to try until you arrive at the park, the VQ slots will most likely be filled for the day.
So I'll be mid flight at 7am. I'm flying Delta, so I might see if I can connect to the inflight wireless. If I don't get in at the 7am, we land at MCO at 1pm. I would need to be in the park though in order to take advantage of the 1pm drop, right?

So I'll be mid flight at 7am. I'm flying Delta, so I might see if I can connect to the inflight wireless. If I don't get in at the 7am, we land at MCO at 1pm. I would need to be in the park though in order to take advantage of the 1pm drop, right?
Yes, you need to tap into Epcot to be eligible for the 1PM queue.

There are 12 of us altogether. For the attractions with VQs, do all people that are linked together need to go? Does this make sense? We haven't been to WDW since LL, Genie+, etc have been added. I'm thinking positively that I'lll catch on to all of this and not miss the old Fast Pass system.

There are 12 of us altogether. For the attractions with VQs, do all people that are linked together need to go? Does this make sense? We haven't been to WDW since LL, Genie+, etc have been added. I'm thinking positively that I'lll catch on to all of this and not miss the old Fast Pass system.
You do not all need a VQ BUT, it is better to obtain for all and then cancel those who will not be riding. Taking the time to only select those who want a VQ may mean missing out for all.

For 1pm VQ you only need to have tapped into the park, so you could physically be in another park? Has anyone done this?

For 1pm VQ you only need to have tapped into the park, so you could physically be in another park? Has anyone done this?
This is how it always worked prior to Jan 9, 2024 and there are many reports in this thread of people doing that. I’m not sure we’ve had any reports since the Jan 9th park hopping changes but hopefully your request has some sharing.

I'm seeing some conflicting info so I wanted to check here to make sure I understand the current situation. First of all:
  • We have APs but live on the West Coast and aren't regulars. Just got lucky that two trips fell within 11 months of each other. April is our first time using these APs after upgrading our 5-day tickets last Spring.
  • Tues/Weds we are arriving to Orlando and doing a one night stay UO's Royal Pacific
  • Weds we are switching over and checking into the Beach Club for 5 nights
Weds will be a wild card for us. Perhaps we will want to stay at UO as long as possible and drive over to WDW late. Last time we did this, however, my family was asking "can we go over to WDW now?" at around 1pm. So in my head the likeliest scenario is that we could stay at UO into the early evening, I could snag a 6pm Tron VQ for Extended Evening Hours at the Magic Kingdom that night, then show up to MK around 8pm and enjoy EEE.

The first post in this thread suggests this is possible. It says you don't have to have tapped into the park to get the 6pm drop. I saw a post on another site that suggested they changed that early in 2023 and you have to have tapped into at least one park sometime that day before being eligible. Because we'll be at UO likely until early evening I just don't see me tapping into any of the WDW parks before the 6pm VQ drop. Does anyone know the current situation? Can I snag a 6pm without having tapped into any parks?

Thank you!

I'm seeing some conflicting info so I wanted to check here to make sure I understand the current situation. First of all:
  • We have APs but live on the West Coast and aren't regulars. Just got lucky that two trips fell within 11 months of each other. April is our first time using these APs after upgrading our 5-day tickets last Spring.
  • Tues/Weds we are arriving to Orlando and doing a one night stay UO's Royal Pacific
  • Weds we are switching over and checking into the Beach Club for 5 nights
Weds will be a wild card for us. Perhaps we will want to stay at UO as long as possible and drive over to WDW late. Last time we did this, however, my family was asking "can we go over to WDW now?" at around 1pm. So in my head the likeliest scenario is that we could stay at UO into the early evening, I could snag a 6pm Tron VQ for Extended Evening Hours at the Magic Kingdom that night, then show up to MK around 8pm and enjoy EEE.

The first post in this thread suggests this is possible. It says you don't have to have tapped into the park to get the 6pm drop. I saw a post on another site that suggested they changed that early in 2023 and you have to have tapped into at least one park sometime that day before being eligible. Because we'll be at UO likely until early evening I just don't see me tapping into any of the WDW parks before the 6pm VQ drop. Does anyone know the current situation? Can I snag a 6pm without having tapped into any parks?

Thank you!
Since you are eligible for EEE as you are staying at a deluxe resort, you ARE eligible to try for the 6PM VQ even before tapping into the park.

For the 1PM drop, any guest who wishes to try for the 1PM VQ must have tapped into the park.

Since you are eligible for EEE as you are staying at a deluxe resort, you ARE eligible to try for the 6PM VQ even before tapping into the park.

For the 1PM drop, any guest who wishes to try for the 1PM VQ must have tapped into the park.
Thank you. Most of the examples I saw online said that you have to have tapped into ANY park before trying the 6pm, but hoping that's not the case!

Thank you. Most of the examples I saw online said that you have to have tapped into ANY park before trying the 6pm, but hoping that's not the case!
I'm not aware of that BUT, if many sources are saying that then possibly others can weigh in here if they have attempted to get a 6PM VQ when they have not entered any Disney park that day. I haven't heard of people not being allowed but possibly it just hasn't been shared here.

Can my 16 year old daughter join a VQ through her MDE app? I know now that she cannot purchase Genie+ or ILL since she’s not 18, but I can’t find info about VQ.

Are they still strict for the Tron BG return times? Any leeway there? I snagged BG 9 and worried we won’t make it in time. Tia

They are still strict at Tron.

And recent reports have said it’s harder to get 7am Guardians now that “anyone” can try, but they are still allowing late arrivals.
Update- I was able to grab Tron BG this morning. BG #9 was a bit sooner than I expected with return time by 10:20am at the latest. It was a slow crawl into MK this morning and our group of 5 arrived at VQ 13 minutes late. Started to plead my case and CM said it was no problem and waved us thru. It was a good start to a good day at MK.

I’ll be in flight at 7am on my first day. Has anyone successfully gotten a VQ for either GotG or Tron from the plane on the way to Disney?

I’ll be in flight at 7am on my first day. Has anyone successfully gotten a VQ for either GotG or Tron from the plane on the way to Disney?
I think so. I can’t remember what I booked that day but one of my trips I paid for genie+and ILL and booked for my day. I just can’t remember if I did a VQ that day. I also have booked genie later in the day while flying and or still at home,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter