Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

It will be DD 15y.o. and I for our upcoming trip. I always managed everyone (reservations, photos, MB, even a RoTR VQ in 2020). Now I wonder, should I have DD create her own MDE account or can we both be logged in my account from respective phones to attempt to get a VQ? Is there problems doing the latter?

Another question:
-At 6am, 12pm, or 5pm you can choose who will be in your BG from MDE
Does this option only appears for days when you have tickets?

ETA: Read somewhere that it is possible to do test this during the one hour before a VQ opening.

Last edited:
Another question:

Does this option only appears for days when you have tickets?

ETA: Read somewhere that it is possible to do test this during the one hour before a VQ opening.
I’m curious about how testing the system works also. We have a trip in a month, and I’ve been able to see the screen where I can select my BG party members between 6-7 am (I can’t select anyone because we don’t have reservations tho, and that’s to be expected). What has me worried is that I can see the refresh button and can refresh the screen but when I refresh right at 7, it’s always gone from “starting at 7” to “no longer enrolling” instantly. Is that typical if I’m not eligible to enroll, or are the BG’s actually getting filled instantly? I’m not talking 7:00:30, I actually mean instantly. I’d much rather see that I can click a link to join a BG and then get an error because I’m not eligible. That would at least give me hope we have a chance of getting a BG.

I’m curious about how testing the system works also. We have a trip in a month, and I’ve been able to see the screen where I can select my BG party members between 6-7 am (I can’t select anyone because we don’t have reservations tho, and that’s to be expected). What has me worried is that I can see the refresh button and can refresh the screen but when I refresh right at 7, it’s always gone from “starting at 7” to “no longer enrolling” instantly. Is that typical if I’m not eligible to enroll, or are the BG’s actually getting filled instantly? I’m not talking 7:00:30, I actually mean instantly. I’d much rather see that I can click a link to join a BG and then get an error because I’m not eligible. That would at least give me hope we have a chance of getting a BG.

They're being filled instantly yes. The "no longer enrolling" is because it's full, not because you're ineligible - that gives a different message like you describe. The 7 AM fills up super fast most days. The 1 PM is pretty easy to get, was even on Pres Day, so unless your app glitches I'd shoot for the 7 AM but count on the 1 PM as giving you a fairly high chance.

It’s been a pixie dust morning and now I need your advice. We’re doing a split stay this trip at ASM and AKL and this morning ASM called to tell us that for our 2 night stay that starts tonight is being upgraded to Old Key West- woot woot!

Here’s where I need your advice We have HS booked for Monday with Fantasmic dining package (Sci Fi for lunch) and an Oga Cantina at 9:30. With being upgraded to OKW, we now have Epcot Extended hours available to us Monday (we do have park hoppers). I’m wondering how the queue for Cosmic Rewind works for the 6pm slot for Evening hours? What are the return time slots, and if the return time bumps up against Oga, are there any options? I’m with DD who’s under 21, so we’ll probably just do one drink. Oga's was a last minute find, but I might drop it if we're lucky enough to get the virtual queue spot, but would love to be extra spoiled and do it all- thoughts?

BTW- this all happened after I received a flight cancellation from Jet Blue at 1:30 in the morning, only to get an email 30 minutes later that basically the flight # and plane changed, but the times were still the same. I spent 30 minutes in the middle of the night trying to find a new flight that wasn’t going to cost us over $1,000- it’s already been a rollercoaster of a day!

Thanks for the advice! (and does anyone know how to remove an old trip tracker signature- i just saw my post and the date for my trip is based on a trip from years ago)

I think that the return time slots for the 6pm VQ drop for Cosmic Rewind are only during the EEH at Epcot, which are 9pm-11pm on Monday. I think that they're still honoring VQ late arrivals. If you get called back for a 9-10pm window, you should still be able to use it at 10:30pm. Just be ready to join the VQ exactly at 6pm and not a second later; they go quickly. If you take the Skyliner from DHS to Epcot, you'll arrive at the International Gateway, and it is a long walk from there to CR. Good luck, and congrats about pixie dust after the flight chaos!

They're being filled instantly yes. The "no longer enrolling" is because it's full, not because you're ineligible - that gives a different message like you describe. The 7 AM fills up super fast most days. The 1 PM is pretty easy to get, was even on Pres Day, so unless your app glitches I'd shoot for the 7 AM but count on the 1 PM as giving you a fairly high chance.
Glad to hear that the 1 PM isn't as hard got get even on busy days. Does ILL usually sell out by then? We will be there the week of March 21 and I expect large crowds. Wondering if we don't get the 7 am VQ if we should go ahead and buy the ILL or risk trying for the 1 pm VQ attempt.

It will be DD 15y.o. and I for our upcoming trip. I always managed everyone (reservations, photos, MB, even a RoTR VQ in 2020). Now I wonder, should I have DD create her own MDE account or can we both be logged in my account from respective phones to attempt to get a VQ? Is there problems doing the latter?
You can both sign into your MDE account from your respective phones to try for a VQ. Many parties have been successful doing so, without any problems. :tink: :tink: :tink: for you!

When did they start to enforce $LL return times?
i used one on a different ride today over an hour after the window
They have always been enforcing them. You may get a CM who decides to give leeway but definitely not something I'd ever recommend counting on.

They have always been enforcing them. You may get a CM who decides to give leeway but definitely not something I'd ever recommend counting on.
Sorry but this is incorrect. A purchased ILL$ will turn the Mickey head green from the time their arrival window arrives until park close. We have many, many reports of this and not one single report of someone being denied riding with a purchased ILL$.

Were you denied riding? If so, you are the first reported case of this happening. Please share details of when and where so we can begin to track.

A regular LL booked using Genie+ does have a very specific and enforced return window.

It’s been a pixie dust morning and now I need your advice. We’re doing a split stay this trip at ASM and AKL and this morning ASM called to tell us that for our 2 night stay that starts tonight is being upgraded to Old Key West- woot woot!

Here’s where I need your advice We have HS booked for Monday with Fantasmic dining package (Sci Fi for lunch) and an Oga Cantina at 9:30. With being upgraded to OKW, we now have Epcot Extended hours available to us Monday (we do have park hoppers). I’m wondering how the queue for Cosmic Rewind works for the 6pm slot for Evening hours? What are the return time slots, and if the return time bumps up against Oga, are there any options? I’m with DD who’s under 21, so we’ll probably just do one drink. Oga's was a last minute find, but I might drop it if we're lucky enough to get the virtual queue spot, but would love to be extra spoiled and do it all- thoughts?

BTW- this all happened after I received a flight cancellation from Jet Blue at 1:30 in the morning, only to get an email 30 minutes later that basically the flight # and plane changed, but the times were still the same. I spent 30 minutes in the middle of the night trying to find a new flight that wasn’t going to cost us over $1,000- it’s already been a rollercoaster of a day!

Thanks for the advice! (and does anyone know how to remove an old trip tracker signature- i just saw my post and the date for my trip is based on a trip from years ago)
You’ll be able to ride anytime after they call up back up to park close. They do sometimes start calling back evening emh groups before officially park close if they get through all daytime groups early.

The CM looked down at his Tablet real quick and waved us through.

Showed up very late twice to GotG the same day in January (one BG and one ILL) with no issues. I'm talking 5-6 hours late.
Thank you for this, I was actually just about to ask because we just changed to a split stay to spend the beginning of our Poly trip at YC and my gf wants to go to Epcot on our arrival day. We are flying in on a very early flight and will be taking a private car so will likely arrive between 10-11am and I wasn't sure whether or not going for a BG would be feasible considering we are doing a curbside grocery pickup stop first. If they are still honoring late arrivals I just need to pray JetBlue's in-flight wifi stays as good as it usually is!

Just got back!

The very first thing I did in the app (at least as far as attractions/LL goes) was trying to get the virtual queue for Guardians on our very first day, Wed., March 8. I saw I got a slightly better signal outside so I was the dude outside of 3761 Trinidad at CBR, pacing from 6:50 to 6:58, wiping his hands on this shirt cause they were so sweaty. Then standing there like a statue for two minutes, then pressing two buttons as quickly as I possibly could. Success!!! Sorry if I bothered anyone.

B3693657-A112-4A7D-8458-68D6835964E3.png
So frustrated. Was up at 630 and despite confirming my party several times while home to test out how it all works I continually got this message this morning. My device and my husbands. Reconfirmed all our park reservations and tickets. Deleted and redownloaded the app. Turned off Face ID. Same message every time, couldn’t even get to the screen to try to confirm my party. 😭😭😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter