Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Just to clarify, are you saying that I can buy a Tron ILL$ at 7AM (deluxe resort guest) for like a 7pm slot and then also try for a Tron VQ at 6PM (Christmas Party window) for like a 9pm slot and wind up riding the ride two more times during the Christmas Party tomorrow?

That would be amazing.
For more information on attractions and how ILLs and G+ work during the parties (see also they do not exist for parties), please visit this page and read the first post in full: https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2023-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party.3921422/

Anyone staying on property (value, moderate, deluxe) can buy a Tron ILL at 7am. For those with Park Hoppers, they can book a Tron ILL for 2pm onwards until the park is closed - for the party, ILLs are not sold so likely the last time slot available will be 4 or 5pm.

You will not be able to buy an ILL to be used during the party.

At 6pm, you can join the Party VQ. It goes very quickly so you'll want to act fast.

You will only get to ride once during the party via the VQ.
One last question: For the Tron VQ at 6pm tonight, do we have to physically be in MK to get one or can we be in the hotel?

As the party runs until midnight and we will need a break between our day in EPCOT and the evening at the MK Christmas Party, it would be beneficial if we could arrive to MK after 7pm. Thanks!

Guardians went in under 2 secs today. First time I ever missed. I hit refresh at 58 secs like I always do hit join gone. I didn’t make a mistake I did it exactly how I always do. I have zero idea of what happened. Unbelievable.

One last question: For the Tron VQ at 6pm tonight, do we have to physically be in MK to get one or can we be in the hotel?

As the party runs until midnight and we will need a break between our day in EPCOT and the evening at the MK Christmas Party, it would be beneficial if we could arrive to MK after 7pm. Thanks!
For the 6PM party drop you do not need to have tapped in, you just need a party ticket linked in MDE.

Guardians went in under 2 secs today. First time I ever missed. I hit refresh at 58 secs like I always do hit join gone. I didn’t make a mistake I did it exactly how I always do. I have zero idea of what happened. Unbelievable.
It is the beginning of a holiday weekend so crowds are anticipated to be very high this weekend. I hope you’re successful at 1 PM.

It is the beginning of a holiday weekend so crowds are anticipated to be very high this weekend. I hope you’re successful at 1 PM.
It’s nuts over at back of Epcot. We got in line for security the exact same time today at Wednesday. Wednesday we first on for Remy. At security we were second family. Today exact same time we were a couple hundred back. So yah im going to say busy like you said. We usually leave the park by noonish. I might stick around for the 1 and see what group we get. We go dinner at Il Mulino tonight so we r in the area. Might work out. We rode it twice already this week but it’s more the fact that I didn’t get one doing exactly what I usually do. Yesterday I even waited a second like I said for tron cause I wanted a later boarding group and had no issue. It’s crazy. Frustrating too cause now I’m going to worry when I have to do it again. Lol I haven’t worried about it cause I never had an issue doing it.

I started at :57 seconds for Guardians this morning and got Group 7.

Two days ago did the same for Tron and got Group 102.

No rhyme or reason for it.

It’s nuts over at back of Epcot. We got in line for security the exact same time today at Wednesday. Wednesday we first on for Remy. At security we were second family. Today exact same time we were a couple hundred back. So yah im going to say busy like you said. We usually leave the park by noonish. I might stick around for the 1 and see what group we get. We go dinner at Il Mulino tonight so we r in the area. Might work out. We rode it twice already this week but it’s more the fact that I didn’t get one doing exactly what I usually do. Yesterday I even waited a second like I said for tron cause I wanted a later boarding group and had no issue. It’s crazy. Frustrating too cause now I’m going to worry when I have to do it again. Lol I haven’t worried about it cause I never had an issue doing it.
Once you have tapped into Epcot you are eligible for the 1PM drop regardless of where you are so you can try even if you have left Epcot. Also, if you are planning to return to Epcot before/after dining at Il Mulino, you could ride then if your BG has already been called. With GotG, once you BG is called you can return antime from then until park closing.

Hoping these options help.

Once you have tapped into Epcot you are eligible for the 1PM drop regardless of where you are so you can try even if you have left Epcot. Also, if you are planning to return to Epcot before/after dining at Il Mulino, you could ride then if your BG has already been called. With GotG, once you BG is called you can return antime from then until park closing.

Hoping these options help.
Oh wait wait. I didn’t realize that. I thought our bands had to physically be in the park. I was just thinking about this as I wait for Remy. So we can go back. We just need to be tapped in. Ok you said about the boarding group being called. If we get called at say 2 pm we don’t have just an hour? We can roll in whenever?

I started at :57 seconds for Guardians this morning and got Group 7.

Two days ago did the same for Tron and got Group 102.

No rhyme or reason for it.
That’s crazy with ur tron boarding group. Yesterday I waited a few extra seconds on purpose and got 54. You were on point and got a way later group. It’s so random.

It is wicked busy over back of Epcot right now. You in front or back?

Last edited:
Oh wait wait. I didn’t realize that. I thought our bands had to physically be in the park. I was just thinking about this as I wait for Remy. So we can go back. We just need to be tapped in. Ok you said about the boarding group being called. If we get called at say 2 pm we don’t have just an hour? We can roll in whenever?
For Guardians yes, you can return anytime from the time your BG is called until park closing. (Tron you must return within your window as it is strictly enforced.)

When we were there in Aug we booked Guardians almost every day (the benefits of being there at a slower time) so I got to the point where I swapped all my park reservations to Epcot, booked a VQ at 7AM and then changed park reservation to the actual park we were going to. We rode Guardians probably 5 or 6 days and only arrived within our actual window once. All other times it was after our BG had expired.

For both Guardians and Tron, you may try for the 1PM VQ from anywhere as long as you (and all wishing to ride) had already tapped into Epcot (GotG) or MK (Tron) before 1PM.

For Guardians yes, you can return anytime from the time your BG is called until park closing. (Tron you must return within your window as it is strictly enforced.)

When we were there in Aug we booked Guardians almost every day (the benefits of being there at a slower time) so I got to the point where I swapped all my park reservations to Epcot, booked a VQ at 7AM and then changed park reservation to the actual park we were going to. We rode Guardians probably 5 or 6 days and only arrived within our actual window once. All other times it was after our BG had expired.

For both Guardians and Tron, you may try for the 1PM VQ from anywhere as long as you (and all wishing to ride) had already tapped into Epcot (GotG) or MK (Tron) before 1PM.
Ok cool. Thanks a lot for the info. I did not realize that about guardians. Thanks for the tron info also.

That is a pretty slick way of doing it for your past trip. I’ll remember that for the next trip. I appreciate it.

Ok cool. Thanks a lot for the info. I did not realize that about guardians. Thanks for the tron info also.

That is a pretty slick way of doing it for your past trip. I’ll remember that for the next trip. I appreciate it.
Next trip so much will be different. Wondering how VQs will work (if they are even in place) once park reservations are no longer needed. Will everyone be eligible to try at 7AM? If that is the case there will be a lot more people trying for the VQs and then determining their plans based on success/miss?

Just to add about the virtual queue line being backed up for Tron. Don’t know if anyone else has had this experience, but we were there Oct 14th. Got my family’s vq no problem, I think it was around 11.
It took us forever to even get IN to the actual queue, because there was a quite a long line before the actual line, and it was crazy that over half of the people didn’t have reservations. They were trying to just join the line. The cast members at the tap points were turning sooo many people away, we kept hearing them say over and over “you need to join the virtual queue”.
So it wasn’t even that people were showing up outside their window.
Don’t know if this is common or not, but it was definitely our experience. It added 20 minutes to our wait time, before we even tapped in, no joke

Has the 1pm Guardians que been filling up quickly lately? We have a short trip planned mid December and would rather start the day in Hollywood Studios. We wouldnt be able to hop to Epcot until 2 to try for Guardians. My kids really want to ride Guardians, so Im trying to weigh options. It will be a Monday if that matters any. Thanks for any and all advice!

I missed it again!!! 1 second gone. I hit at 58 into 59 sec. Crazy completely crazy. How do I go from having zero issues in the past and alllll week no issue and today I strike out twice.

Start looking at MDE now, you can see if the VQ is still available. Today, 11/10 at 13:22 EST, it is gone for the day. You can get an idea of when it "sells"out (even though you don't pay for the VQ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter