Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Meal Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
belle5. I asked another time about this as I wondered if they got 15%of $30 or 11 or 17 ( pretty chintzy )and someone had asked a server... they get 15% of what the food would have cost before the voucher( ie $100 worth of food =$15 tip)..so since they have gone out of the way to help( at least hopefully they have lol) you could give a little more for a nice tip of 17-20% or whatever.

as aside thought it seems like Disney is losing big time at some of these places..evidently it makes up for it with everyone else!

Using the meal vouchers for coronado springs or the beach club. how does one get there? do you have to be a guest? do you just have to have access to the 4 parks with a 4 day hopper pass? (which we have)
Are you limited in someway?
Thanks

Originally posted by El Coqui
Using the meal vouchers for coronado springs or the beach club. how does one get there? do you have to be a guest? do you just have to have access to the 4 parks with a 4 day hopper pass? (which we have)
Are you limited in someway?
Thanks

I do not think you are ever limited to go to any resort dining unless you can't get in due to amount of people there. ( except you need a room for room service naturally:)!

getting there depends on where you are...you could drive if you have a car, walk from epcot to BC or boat from MGM to Beaches and bus to CS or Beach club from any other park . these two rest.( pepper and Beaches) are at resorts so you wouldn't need a pass to get in if that is what you are thinking. sometimes the bus drivers have checked to see where you are staying ( on vs off property, not the actual resort) or for a pass but I think it has probably happened 1 time to me out of how many bus rides ( probably hundreds!)

Okay, I saw that you cannot "order for two" but can you just split things without ordering an extra plate etc.? My husband and I often split our meals anyway so it would not be really a savings if we couldn't split. Thanks! :) I guess this would only apply to the more expensive lunch voucher as nobody would know if you split at the counter service places.

Originally posted by MosMom
Okay, I saw that you cannot "order for two" but can you just split things without ordering an extra plate etc.? My husband and I often split our meals anyway so it would not be really a savings if we couldn't split. Thanks! :) I guess this would only apply to the more expensive lunch voucher as nobody would know if you split at the counter service places.

the order for two things meant dishes especially made for more than 1 person..you can split any single person dish you want and many have actually had a kind cm who pre split in in the kitchen for them...counter service you can even get kids meals or buy an extra bun(around$1), order a double burger and voila, meal for 2:hyper: personally I would rather do that and be able to"taste" something else later for a snack then be crammed full.

on the two for items : does any one know about the morroco dessert sampler..it's only 4.95 so I am guessing it is only for one. also the dessert sampler at pepper market was around the same price I thought ( saw it in a picture and could not read it that well so could have been 9.95 for all I know but it looked very yummy, that much I could see!) but THE SIGN ON it( woops caps= mistake) said for from1-4 for the small ...anyone know if either are considered in the multiple person dessert catagory or are " voucher worthy"?Thanks

Thanks,
jann,
I see that you said you can walk to Beaches from Epcot?
Is it because it is that near or a long walk?

Which park would it be easier to get to Coronado Springs to take the bus? Is the bus a free ride for park Guests?

Does the meal voucher pass (Q&C) allow you to ride the bus?

We will have a car, so will you say it is easier then for us to take the car to coronado?
Is the boat ride free from MgM to Beaches?
Is there a boat ride from disney to the 2 places?

All in all which is the eaiset from any park to get to these 2 places?

Especially at WDW. I am asking so many questions just to make sure!
We wanted to have Christmas dinner at WDW area and was wondering which of these 2 places can a person get to if in WDW?.

If in Epcot?

If in MGM studios?

Sorry for so many questions but I rather ask than not know. And you guys are very knowledgeable.
El coqui
:)

Originally posted by jann1033
I do not think you are ever limited to go to any resort dining unless you can't get in due to amount of people there. ( except you need a room for room service naturally:)!

getting there depends on where you are...you could drive if you have a car, walk from epcot to BC or boat from MGM to Beaches and bus to CS or Beach club from any other park . these two rest.( pepper and Beaches) are at resorts so you wouldn't need a pass to get in if that is what you are thinking. sometimes the bus drivers have checked to see where you are staying ( on vs off property, not the actual resort) or for a pass but I think it has probably happened 1 time to me out of how many bus rides ( probably hundreds!)
:bounce:

I know the vouchers say not for the Kitchen Sink at B&C, but has anyone ever heard of an exception when you combined 4 desserts while using 4 vouchers? We had this several years ago, and would like to surprise a friend while still using vouchers. Thanks.

I think the best & fastest way to Beaches & Cream is by boat and it's the half way point between Epcot & MGM. But the boat leaves from International Gateway in Epcot & not anyway near the monorail or parking lots.....so basically it you would need to be in (with admission) at Epcot IF you didn't want to drive. Coronado Springs is easiest by car...it's not hard to do by bus, but it does time (up to 45mins) the closest parks are Epcot & MGM but that really doesn't mean anything because of the route to bus have to take. I personally think the buses from MGM are easy & quicker than Epcot. You can also drive easily to the Beach Club Resort if you didn't take the boat. There's not charge to take the bus. I can't see a WDW driver refusing to take people to a resort that would be spending MONEY on an expensive resort meal.:rolleyes:

Personally, I would drive.....and I would highly recommend Peppermarket for Christmas Dinner over B&C's, or maybe use Kingdom Lunch Vouchers at lunch at LeCellier, Rainforst Cafe etc. Just get PS's somewhere that day!

a while ago I asked Tyler on the transportation forum ( WDW driver) how long it would take to get from Mgm to CS he said 10 mins. ...now if you would happen to get to the stop right after the bus left you might have to double it cause of waiting for a new one to come. he said back to epcot would be about the same( thinking of going mgm-Peppermarket lunch-epcot).

I know some drive but personally we have never felt the need as the wait is never very long, maybe one mono as we do not run to catch it if it is loading and do not ever remember having to wait for a 2nd bus. plus we enjoy talking with the cms so we use the WDW trans. all the time...we feel by the time you get to the car. the bus/ whatever would be there and would much rather leave the driving to someone else( we drive enought to get there!)we do go in value season though, it probably is different at a busier time of year.

I also asked before on that forum about the walk having never actually attempted it myself(lol) and was told about a 1/2 mile from epcot, 1 mile from MgM.. can not attest to how accurate that is ..is it * really * a mile or just * seems* that long! however my 70+ yr old parents like the Beach Club and walk from epcot all the time so it can't be that bad! do not know how far from the parking area ( I think someone on the resort board was just talking about how long the hike was to the lot and they would spend the $$ for valet)

Is it ever cost-effective to buy a child's voucher?

It seems to me, that the vouchers are all priced higher than the children's rates - some, dramatically. The only instance that I can justify it is with a character breakfast when calculating tax and tip - it breaks about even.

I think it would be best to get a Q&C adult voucher and have my girls split it (or order off the kids' menu for that matter - since it's cheaper!)

Also, with the VKL - can we just share with the kids? I know I could never eat an appetizer, entree, and dessert alone - maybe I'll just give them the appetizers?

HI!

I have a comment and a question...

First we just got back from our first trip to WDW and was soooo amazed. We bought 8 vouchers before our trip --- I am so glad that we did. This is what we thought:
1) Our meals never came out to less than what we spent on the vouchers
2) It got us to try some of the places and resorts we wouldn't have wandered through otherwise. This helped us appreciate the area more and decide where we were going to stay next time.
3)Having a very full meal twice a day was much better than three meals a day for us (for time and money reasons). The meals that we got with these vouchers made us so full we said 'no thank you' to Breakfast in the mornings!
4) We took the sweets back to our room for a late night snack -- great for alone time after the kids fell asleep!
5) It was much easier and SAFER than pulling my wallet out again and again, especially with my toddler at my legs.
6) Food was actually rather good at 4 out of the 5 places we ate at! My favorite was the Pepper Mill in the Coronado.
7) At a few places we only saved a couple of $ but we still felt like the ease of use and not having to pull our wallets out again and again was well worth it.

Now my question: Our next trip is planned for October 2004. The current voucher expire in May 04. Does anyone know when / if new voucher will be made available?

Thanks for any input.

I heard new ones come out in spring which makes sense since the present ones wil have expired...I am planning on buying afew at a time after that for our trip next year after seeing how they work this time around and making what ever adjustments we need to.

the only problem I could forsee is you can't use them at some buffets ( well you can but why bother) so then you have to buy one for each kid at a character meal. we are splitting q/c and vkl for 2 adults since it is more food than we would normally get for the vkl and can add asoup or salad with the q/c and still come out way ahead.

Familymoon
Q&C are one price, no difference between adult & child. DD(8) & I split all meals that were KVL and Q&C vouchers meals and there was always plenty of food for us. DD always had the apptizer as her meal from the KVL.
Using the vouchers saved me a ton of money, and we also got to eat really well. Ordering stuff that I wouldn't order had I been paying there for it.

sorry I must have misunderstood, I thought she meant breakfast vouchers and I thought they came in kids(although never checked the price since it doesn't apply to me)

I think I got confused cause there was another thread about paramount breakfast vouchers and I was thinking it was this one ooops:o

Okay which way or what way can I get to Peppermarket from WDW to have Xmas dinner there? Would it be by car or some other way? monorail,bus which is easiest?. We will be a group of 8. (5A 3C). We will have a minivan. But was wondering if leaving the park on Xmas day with the car would be a hassle.

Now if I understood right I know I can walk to B&C from Epcot or from MGM studios right? no vehicle transportation or did someone say you can take a boat (free)
Still a little lost sorry.

:wave: ::MickeyMo

Originally posted by El Coqui
Okay which way or what way can I get to Peppermarket from WDW to have Xmas dinner there? Would it be by car or some other way? monorail,bus which is easiest?. We will be a group of 8. (5A 3C). We will have a minivan. But was wondering if leaving the park on Xmas day with the car would be a hassle.

Now if I understood right I know I can walk to B&C from Epcot or from MGM studios right? no vehicle transportation or did someone say you can take a boat

Sorry if i confused you. Peppermarket- I think will be faster by car. It will really depend on which park you are in & what time you want to eat dinner. And if you going back to the park after you eat because you're still going to have to take to bus back to the park to get your car.The only way from any park to Peppermarket is either by bus or car (no monorail, no boat)
As for Beaches & cream, it's a very long walk if you've been walking around all day, take the resort BOAT (yes it's free) The Transportation Board can give you alot more info on getting around.

Jann- you didn't misunderstand. I only gave Familymoon the extra info that you didn't state. So you're right:
Children vouchers are availble for breakfasts which include included Character Meals (which you only break even on). I don't think kids breakfast vouchers are worth it in other places than CM. The KVL also come in, kids vouchers, but those are NOT worth it.
Q&C-only one price, only one type.

I was wondering if you could use vouchers at sit-down restaurants for dinner like Marrakesh, Sci-Fi Dine In, & the Rainforenst cafe? If so, which voucher is it and how much do they cost?

vacation kingdom lunch voucher, 30.50at hot wire, for appe. entree dessert and bev.tax and tip. also the first couple posts on this thread list where they are good for and it is the same as those I just got. also says where the best "deals" are to use them

Do you think it is worth it to use one voucher in between 2 kids. We have 4 kids 9,6,4 and 16 mos. None are big eaters. Looking for opinions????

Yes, split the vouchers between the kids. And then all you might need to order is 1 kids meals and some extra drinks. My DD(8) & I split all our Q&C/KVL meals.

The best value for KVL was Rainforest Cafe in AK (you can use these "lunch voucher" at dinner time because the menu is the same for both) We have $141.00 (tax & tip included) of food for 2 KVL costing me $61. (This fed 2A & 2C)

The best value for Q&C was Peppermarket $33.00 for 1Q&C voucher $11.25 (1A & 1C) - we ate there twice is 7 days- the food was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter