Exchange rate at all time low

1.12 can't make this up anymore.

I am not going to lie. I'd rather this than the alternative of a 5% base rate though.

Can always cancel the holiday if it gets too bad. Can't really cancel the house.

Funny though that my interest rates for my savings account are still sitting at 0.25% though......

Savings interest rates are much better now, you need to keep on top of it! They won't automatically bump up existing accounts. I've been shifting my ISAs around all the time, only last month I moved one from Skipton BS to Coventry BS, having prevously moved from Paragon in the summer. My current Coventry one is 2.25% and they've been on the ball in announcing it's going up to 2.85% on 1st December. Sometimes they go up, sometimes they bring out a new issue with a higher interest rate leaving the old ones there, sometimes they go up the full amount, sometimes they dont...

I'm actually "fairly OK" with the interest rate rises (ignoring inflation and the trashed economy for the moment) as I haven't got a mortage any more. I had a mortgage when interest rates were much higher and I had no savings. Now I've got no mortgage but quite a bit of savings, so I lost out then too in recent times when interest rates plummeted. But I'm happier now! TBH interest rates have been far too low in recent times and that's caused house prices to rocket stupidly. It could do with a bit of calming down.

I've got problems with energy prices though becuase I'm in an old, poorly insulated house with only electric heating. Average annual bill of £2,500? I wish.

Last edited:
If you are a Barclays customer you can get 5% on savings up to £5,000 at the moment with their Rainy Day Saver.

As far as the exchange rate goes, I'm not making any future plans for WDW at the moment. Even if I was getting 1.40 I'd still consider the whole trip to be not great value for money. Hopefully I'll get the urge again sometime down the line.

1.12 can't make this up anymore.

I am not going to lie. I'd rather this than the alternative of a 5% base rate though.

Can always cancel the holiday if it gets too bad. Can't really cancel the house.

Funny though that my interest rates for my savings account are still sitting at 0.25% though......
I moved some savings into a fixed isa this week was 2.30% the rate

I need to look but the problem is its wedding savings so there is a need for regular access to pay deposits and things like that.

Really hoping it improves by next summer. Would love 1.30 which I got on my last trip to USA

Flight prices for September 2023 are much higher than I am used to. I have paid in the £360-380 range in the past and now it's £700 for a direct return flight. Should I just accept we live in a different world and pay? Or wait for a sale in December or January?

Flight prices for September 2023 are much higher than I am used to. I have paid in the £360-380 range in the past and now it's £700 for a direct return flight. Should I just accept we live in a different world and pay? Or wait for a sale in December or January?
Flight prices across the board are insane right now. Cost of fuel etc is going to keep them high I think - although you might be lucky. I know british airways had a sale a month or so ago but that seemed to be on avios points and a cash sale for europe only.

Ive been monitoring for a couple of months....I'm holding on for a better price.

Apropos of nothing much except $, I just noticed I came out to Orlando with $363 in cash left over from 2018 and I'm in room 363 at the Aventura.
Not lottery winning odds I suspect, but it feels significant in a way.

If I'd been in 363 at Disney too that would have been something. (It was 459 iirc.)

Black Friday sales can sometimes be quite good for companies like air lingus so give that a try maybe

Since TC and Norwegian have gone flights have gone v high, I managed to get flights for next April at £550 with Virgin but that was booking 11 months out.
Keep checking skyscanner etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter