Faith, hope, trust, and Pixie Dust!

It was one of the best sets in my life. It helped me to hold it together and to remember that life goes on. When I got backstage I was given a Great Service Fanatic, a recognition program for CMs who go above and beyond. It was the guests who really helped me through that day and made the magic for me.
:grouphug:

Just wanted to share this picture of me at Disney's Hollywood Studios that was taken in January of last year.

DSC00247.jpg

Dan and I are always excited when we get the chance to go to Disney World with my mom and godfather. We might get to go again next year in January, but we'll have to wait and see. The cast members have always been nice to Dan and me. I don't ever remember coming across a bad one. I always love bringing my own wheelchair because it's so handy to have for the times we go visit the different Disney hotels. Plus, having it at the airport. Although the downside to that is having to wait for it at the jetway, then rushing to put it back together when you have a tight connection between planes. Dan likes me bringing it because of the stroller handle extension on the back. Since he has use of only one hand, it makes it easy for him to push me that way.

Samantha

It was one of the best sets in my life. It helped me to hold it together and to remember that life goes on. When I got backstage I was given a Great Service Fanatic, a recognition program for CMs who go above and beyond. It was the guests who really helped me through that day and made the magic for me.

:hug: Jessi. That must have been really hard for you.

I know the manager in that picture! He is really nice. :)

I love your pictures! Your daughter is so cute! :goodvibes

This is one where other CMs made magic for me. My all time favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast because personality-wise, I am Belle. I'm the quirky bookworm that nobody gets, and as a little kid I watched that movie til I wore it out. Her prince is my all time favorite prince (and to me the most handsome) but you cannot get a meet and greet with him, he is always the Beast. I knew the cast for Cinderellabration, and Belle and her Prince agreed to take a photo with me on my last day of my first entertainment CP. The show was rained out, but they did it anyway. It's the photo in my sig. It was taken in front of the mural in castle while it was closed off to guests due to the show.

Just wanted to share this picture of me at Disney's Hollywood Studios that was taken in January of last year.

DSC00247.jpg

Dan and I are always excited when we get the chance to go to Disney World with my mom and godfather. We might get to go again next year in January, but we'll have to wait and see. The cast members have always been nice to Dan and me. I don't ever remember coming across a bad one. I always love bringing my own wheelchair because it's so handy to have for the times we go visit the different Disney hotels. Plus, having it at the airport. Although the downside to that is having to wait for it at the jetway, then rushing to put it back together when you have a tight connection between planes. Dan likes me bringing it because of the stroller handle extension on the back. Since he has use of only one hand, it makes it easy for him to push me that way.

Samantha
Thanks for sharing the picture. It's nice to see what the people we 'see' on the boards look like.
You looked very happy in your picture.:)
This is one where other CMs made magic for me. My all time favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast because personality-wise, I am Belle. I'm the quirky bookworm that nobody gets, and as a little kid I watched that movie til I wore it out. Her prince is my all time favorite prince (and to me the most handsome) but you cannot get a meet and greet with him, he is always the Beast. I knew the cast for Cinderellabration, and Belle and her Prince agreed to take a photo with me on my last day of my first entertainment CP. The show was rained out, but they did it anyway. It's the photo in my sig. It was taken in front of the mural in castle while it was closed off to guests due to the show.
Your signature got cut off about 1/3 of the way down the picture.
I copied the link, so am trying to post it here, so people can see it.
n36106886_30835736_3910.jpg

I can honestly say that one of our most magical trips was our recent trip to Disneyland(that was planned in 3 short months). On the Sunday of our trip, we were at California Adventure and on a whim went to the Monster's Inc Ride because DS really liked it from the night before(we rode it 2 times before it broke). We were there to help open the ride and they asked for all the kids to come up to help. The child who screamed the loudest would get to ride on it first, and get a pass for unlimited rides for that day. DD won. We did really encourage her to scream her heart out. DH, DD and DS rode that ride a total of 11 times that trip. I rode 9 and was finished.

We decided to tour other parts of the park that day and we were on our way back and we got dreamed. We won an Ultimate Character Meet and Great, with a handful of other families we had 45 minutes with 15 Disney Characters. One of the first characters DS encountered was the Queen of Hearts and he wanted nothing to do with her. We explained his disability to her and she worked with him for about 10 mins or so by then end she got him to kiss her hand. We then went on our way and partied hard with the other characters. About 5 mins before we were done, ds starts asking for "Queen of Hearts, I want the Queen of Hearts." It was less than a year ago that DS had even started talking and long sentances just aren't his thing. We walked back to the Queen of Hearts and said that DS wanted to say "Hi" again and we also explained about his lack of talking and that she obviously made quite an impression. He gave her a BIG kiss and you could tell the character was a bit choked up. She made our trip, and he still talks about the Queen to this day.

About 5 mins before we were done, ds starts asking for "Queen of Hearts, I want the Queen of Hearts." It was less than a year ago that DS had even started talking and long sentances just aren't his thing. We walked back to the Queen of Hearts and said that DS wanted to say "Hi" again and we also explained about his lack of talking and that she obviously made quite an impression. He gave her a BIG kiss and you could tell the character was a bit choked up. She made our trip, and he still talks about the Queen to this day.
I can imagine your DS made her day.
I would think the Queen of Hearts probably does not get a lot of people in the first place who want to meet her a 2nd time (she's the character who has "Off with their heads" as one of her most famous lines, after all).

I've always felt pictures are worth a thousand words... So here is something to show you all how precious my boy is and how precious WDW is to all of us.

WDWAUtismawareness.jpg

Well...it was such a little thing.....but here goes

Ds, (asperger's) was at the park for his first ever visit. He was 5. When we got off the speedway, he was approached by a dream team member to play a game. They had "Cars" shake and go vehicles, and the kids had to shake them and make them go.

They had no idea that he is an aspie, or that he so needed to feel like part of a group...yet, that is what they did.

There he was playing with 3 other boys, all of them lauging and having fun. Something that he rarely gets to do, he really doesn't have any friends (sniff).

That one moment gave him a chance to belong.

and don't you know, he won each race. They thought maybe he had a better car...so they all switched vehicles, and yet he still won.

He was so proud!

Well...it was such a little thing.....but here goes

Ds, (asperger's) was at the park for his first ever visit. He was 5. When we got off the speedway, he was approached by a dream team member to play a game. They had "Cars" shake and go vehicles, and the kids had to shake them and make them go.

They had no idea that he is an aspie, or that he so needed to feel like part of a group...yet, that is what they did.

There he was playing with 3 other boys, all of them lauging and having fun. Something that he rarely gets to do, he really doesn't have any friends (sniff).

That one moment gave him a chance to belong.

and don't you know, he won each race. They thought maybe he had a better car...so they all switched vehicles, and yet he still won.

He was so proud!

Aw...that is not a little thing at all! :thumbsup2 Feeling like we belong is one of the best gifts that we give each other. :)

There he was playing with 3 other boys, all of them laughing and having fun. Something that he rarely gets to do, he really doesn't have any friends (sniff).

Bless his sweet heart! Kids can be mean. He sounds like such a trooper!

Bless your heart, too! That has to be really hard on a Mom.

Do you "hang out" with any of the Aspie Mom's on the DIS? If not, you should! I am sure that they can relate! :)

Thanks Maroo....

To me, especially, it WAS a big thing. he was so proud to be picked! (bless his heart, he got a matchbox type car at the end, and asked if his sister could have one. they waited until all the other people were gone, then discretely slipped him an extra one . so cute)

I just figured that there were so many big wonderful intended events that had been posted, that I wasn't sure if I should post mine. :O) (heck your trip report is one huge faith hope trust and Pixie Dust post....however, if you don't mind me saying so, you are the main pixie duster. from driving out lauren's legs, to taking charge at night so that her mom and dad could have some one on one time....)

I am lurking a bit here in this forum, I may just find a connection as you suggest!

Thanks Sue for your compliment; Even though there were some not-so-magical moments that I've experienced at Disney World. I've always smiled while at the parks as if I'm having fun during those bad times. I can't wait to go again, and neither can Dan the next time that my mom goes.

Samantha

Thanks Maroo....

To me, especially, it WAS a big thing. he was so proud to be picked! (bless his heart, he got a matchbox type car at the end, and asked if his sister could have one. they waited until all the other people were gone, then discretely slipped him an extra one . so cute)

I just figured that there were so many big wonderful intended events that had been posted, that I wasn't sure if I should post mine. :O) (heck your trip report is one huge faith hope trust and Pixie Dust post....however, if you don't mind me saying so, you are the main pixie duster. from driving out lauren's legs, to taking charge at night so that her mom and dad could have some one on one time....)

I am lurking a bit here in this forum, I may just find a connection as you suggest!

You are so sweet! I do hope you find that connection! I have found an awesome one over at our Wish Trippers Unite thread! :) I love this board!!!

And I love Lauren and her family! That family has pixie dust all over it...so I am just reflecting it. :)

I have read this thread today from start to finish and I have tears streaming downmy face so many fantastic stories.

My bit of pixie dust was whilst on a MAW trip with my ds who at that time was so ill we were advised to take him and create memories we could cherish as all the oncologists feared the worst .
Whilst in line to see Mickey mouse a cm spotted my sons badge and asked us to come bk in about 10 minutes i was really confused and couldnt understand why we were asked to stand aside. Another cm closed the line off nd when the line had gone the 2 cms bougt mickey over to our family he took ds by the hand and motioned for us to foloow him he then took him on a ride and ds been ds asked to go again he was beaming mickey of course obliged - It was all too much for me and I bowed my head and sobbed I decide I should walk away so that ds didnt see me I got really close o one of the toilets when I was stopped by a cm I explained what was going on and the lovely cm gave me the biggest hug ever offered me some tissues and sent me bk to my family !!
I am eternally grateful for all the cms involved that day and all the pixie dust on that trip made my ds a different child he came bk from the trip and started to fight the disease and now 5 years on we are taking him back - A moment I really never expected to see.

I am eternally grateful for all the cms involved that day and all the pixie dust on that trip made my ds a different child he came bk from the trip and started to fight the disease and now 5 years on we are taking him back - A moment I really never expected to see.

And now I'm crying again!!! :sad:

I have read this thread today from start to finish and I have tears streaming downmy face so many fantastic stories.

My bit of pixie dust was whilst on a MAW trip with my ds who at that time was so ill we were advised to take him and create memories we could cherish as all the oncologists feared the worst .
Whilst in line to see Mickey mouse a cm spotted my sons badge and asked us to come bk in about 10 minutes i was really confused and couldnt understand why we were asked to stand aside. Another cm closed the line off nd when the line had gone the 2 cms bougt mickey over to our family he took ds by the hand and motioned for us to foloow him he then took him on a ride and ds been ds asked to go again he was beaming mickey of course obliged - It was all too much for me and I bowed my head and sobbed I decide I should walk away so that ds didnt see me I got really close o one of the toilets when I was stopped by a cm I explained what was going on and the lovely cm gave me the biggest hug ever offered me some tissues and sent me bk to my family !!

Buzz, that is such an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us :hug:. I'm so happy to hear that the Disney magic worked such a miracle for your little guy, and helped him fight so hard. I hope you all have another magical trip, and give him a special hug from all of us here :goodvibes. We don't know how the Disney magic works, but we are all so so glad it does :hug:.

And now I'm crying again!!! :sad:

Me too!!! :grouphug:

these are just wonderful wonderful stories. thank you so much to everyone for sharing.

This is something little, but some magic came back to us after our cruise this Feb 1. We didn't realize until after we got home we had forgotten to pick up half of our pictures at Shutters in all of the disembarkation excitement.

I was heartbroken because I knew there were some special moments in those pictures. AJ was on his wish trip and we had gotten pictures with different characters and a good family one too. I knew calling and asking would probably be fruitless so I didn't bother.

Yesterday when we collected our mail there was an envelope in there from Disney with our pictures and a note from DCL. Disney continues to astound me with their customer service. CS is the one thing I really will judge a co. by and Disney has got to be one of the best at it.

What this was was an unexpected service. I love it! Thank you Disney for giving so much to everyone. For making my little boys feel so special. Thanks to everyone on this board for sharing a little bit of themselves to help others have great experiences.

Thanks!

I have a little story that might make you smile. :)

Last May, I had the oppourtunity to go to Disneyland and DCA with my mom, grandparents and cousin Rebecca, who had never been to any Disney park before. Rebbecca is older than I but has some sort of mental disability (I don't know exactly what it is) and is very much a child in many ways, and can be difficult to manage at times. But don't let that fool you...she's a princess at heart and is as sweet as pie.

It was so beautiful and amazing being able to see Disneyland through her eyes...I guess as a teen who enjoys going all-out and rushing everywhere, it was great to be able to slow down and experience Disney magic through the eyes of one who really believed.

Hands down, the best moment of the trip was when we went to see the Drawn to the Magic show at DCA. We sat at the wrong location for the longest time before realizing where the show really was, and by the time we got there it was nearly over. But we still enjoyed the music and show, and at the end, because it was a weekend, Mickey, Woody and Cinderella came out for the finale and then for a meet and greet afterwards. I know Rebecca would love to meet a real Princess, so as soon as the show was over I grabbed her and and ran into the Animation Studio, where a line was already forming. We were able to be the second group to see Cinderella, and you should have seen Rebecca's face!

May-16-Disneyland-028.jpg

I hung back because I was taking photos, so I didn't catch their conversation. But Cinderella was so kind and sweet with my cousin, and absoloutely made her day.

May-16-Disneyland-029.jpg

We also got to meet Mickey...

May-16-Disneyland-030.jpg

May-16-Disneyland-031.jpg

After we had said our goodbyes and left the studio, Rebecca was positively glowing. She turned to me, all excited, and said, "Did you hear what Cinderalla said to me? She called ME a PRINCESS!!!"

She could not stop repeating that all day. Everyone she met had to be informed that Cinderella herself had told Rebecca that she was a princess. It was magical and really great. Definitely something I don't think Rebecca or I will ever forget!

I was at DLR the 5th of this month with Calvin. It was awesome to see a boy of about 10 to 12 responding to Fantasmic. I got bits of what he said but not much at times as he was either downs (doubt it) or maybe autism. Every new action came with his arms moving and his voice punctuating the seen with some remark. He was so into that show that in the corner of my eye I watched as much as I could the kid.

I know where the magic of Disney lies, it lies in the hearts of Cast Members. That night was magical because I saw the world from a new view and the humdrum show became alive and magical because of that boy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter