Fall/Fall Advantage 2008

Ooooo - I completely understand your concern! Last fall, some people showed up to the auditions (without interviewing or being invited) and it really wasn't a big deal. They still auditioned with the rest of us, but then they were told to home immediately, watch the presentation, and get their interviews set up.

I liked doing the interview beforehand, because if I had any questions about the process they were the best people to ask!

The following is in regards to my institution, I'm not sure if all recruiters are the same - The advantage to visiting the campus presentation was that all of the campus reps were there and they each talked about their roles/experiences, they also did a kind of panel thing. As for the actual presentation - it's identical. The recruiter really didn't answer any questions, the student reps handled ALL of the questions.

If you look at the list on-line it has the advisor's name for each insitution. I'm betting that even though your institution isn't going to be visited, there is still probably someone on campus that works with students in the program. I'd suggest contacting the person on-line to get the name of your contact person - then they can put you in contact with a student campus rep to answer all of your specific questions.

If I were in your situation, I would wait until the dates are posted to see if the one in OK is before or after the 10th. If it is before, then I would go ahead and do the e-presentation/interview, then attend the college presentation later if you have any more questions.

Yes, I'm kinding thinking along these lines as well....your advice is very helpful! Thankyou! I'm meeting today with my co-op education program/internships at my college, so I'll know a log more...in one hour!:yay:

Also you should keep checking back because this list isn't 100% complete yet. There might be a soon presentation for you to attend. Push comes to shove you can always do the online presentation and interview, and then just go to the presentation to make sure you didn't miss anything. Because last semester they actually ran out of space and they are doing a summer program which means even less space in the summer (housing-wise. once the beds are full they stop hiring people) you should interview as soon as you can.

Yeah, good point, I'll keep checking, but your right, it might be good do just do the e-presentation and interview, and then just go the the campus presentation just to check it out-- it's not that far away. Thanks so much!!!:banana:

Berlioz70, I applied yesterday night around this time and got the confirmation letter this morning. So dont worry. Im not too too worried about the audition. I have done many dance auditions and did ballet my whole life. So animating (pantomine) isnt too far fetched for me. But I try to stay grounded. Disney is pretty picky.

SOoo I have another question from you. I think I have read the answer to my question before but I will ask again. If I dont get an entertainment role, am i still able to get my second choice? or am i left to whatever they want to put me.

Thanks - that made me feel much better! I got my e-mail this morning at 4:14 am!!!

I asked this question in another thread but it was never answered - does anyone know the earliest and latest start dates for the Fall Advantage Program? The WDW College Program website says mid/late May, but I thought I read some where else that you may go down in June. Any insight would be awesome - thanks!

I don't come to the boards for a few days and you guys are taking off! FINALLY we can talk about the CP (and not others') :) I am just getting ready to do the e-presentation and I couldn't be happier. I've gone to the on-campus presentations the last 2 years just for kicks so I'm going to do the e-presentation tonight and then my audition (looks like lots of us have hopes for that) and probably go to the on-campus presentation. Mine is so late that I'm not risking the CP filling up. Anyway...oh! I made a group for Fall 08' CP on facebook, so if you want to join, here's the link:

http://missouri.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6710436009

Can't wait to hear how you all did and hopefully make some friends before the big move!

I don't come to the boards for a few days and you guys are taking off! FINALLY we can talk about the CP (and not others') :) I am just getting ready to do the e-presentation and I couldn't be happier. I've gone to the on-campus presentations the last 2 years just for kicks so I'm going to do the e-presentation tonight and then my audition (looks like lots of us have hopes for that) and probably go to the on-campus presentation. Mine is so late that I'm not risking the CP filling up. Anyway...oh! I made a group for Fall 08' CP on facebook, so if you want to join, here's the link:

http://missouri.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6710436009

Can't wait to hear how you all did and hopefully make some friends before the big move!

Hey! There is a bigger Fall '08 Group that was started a while back if you wanna join just type in Disney College Program Fall 2008! Im there.. my name is Vanessa :)

Im 5'3 and 3/4" lol... I say 5'4" lol pretty difficult height range I think its chipmunk height. I have my interview tuesday, will they send me a letter that Im accepted but waiting on my audition? like meaning im accepted no matter what just waiting on which role? do they do that? wow so many questions

Yes, that would be chipmunk height. And it can be tough to get into, because it's so common. They will send a letter saying that your status is "pending"- you won't find out anything until after the audition (I auditioned back in 2006).

Thanks - that made me feel much better! I got my e-mail this morning at 4:14 am!!!

I asked this question in another thread but it was never answered - does anyone know the earliest and latest start dates for the Fall Advantage Program? The WDW College Program website says mid/late May, but I thought I read some where else that you may go down in June. Any insight would be awesome - thanks!

The advantage dates are mostly in May, but there can be a few in June (it all depends).

I'm not doing Fall 2008 (per se) but I did apply for the Summer 2008 program. If accepted, I would be down in FL May 19 to Aug 8.

The advantage dates are mostly in May, but there can be a few in June (it all depends).

Oooh - good to know! I have to give my current job a heads up on a time frame of when I'll be leaving, so if I say I'm leaving in late May and don't go til June, then I'll be unemployed for a couple weeks - NO GOOD - but I don't want to say to late either because then I'll leave them high and dry.

Thanks for the info!

Hey! There is a bigger Fall '08 Group that was started a while back if you wanna join just type in Disney College Program Fall 2008! Im there.. my name is Vanessa :)

Oh, thank you! I looked for one before I made mine (about 4 months ago) but couldn't find any. Thanks!

Oooh - good to know! I have to give my current job a heads up on a time frame of when I'll be leaving, so if I say I'm leaving in late May and don't go til June, then I'll be unemployed for a couple weeks - NO GOOD - but I don't want to say to late either because then I'll leave them high and dry.

Thanks for the info!

You're welcome.

ok so i need some help. My interview is tuesday. Im having second thoughts about auditioning. I want to know about my acceptance as soon as possible and im afraid that i wont hear for such a long time. not only that.. if i dont get an entertainment role then i dont want my chances of getting my other choices severely slimmed down. but at the same time if i dont do the audtion then i will always wonder "what if.." im so confused... Come on dis members HELP!!

ok so i need some help. My interview is tuesday. Im having second thoughts about auditioning. I want to know about my acceptance as soon as possible and im afraid that i wont hear for such a long time. not only that.. if i dont get an entertainment role then i dont want my chances of getting my other choices severely slimmed down. but at the same time if i dont do the audtion then i will always wonder "what if.." im so confused... Come on dis members HELP!!

That's a hard one. If auditioning is important to you, then I would wait. I auditioned back in 2006. I interviewed in mid-Feb; my audition turned out to be March 30. So I had to wait over a month just to audition. It then took almost 3 more weeks to get my letter. Luckily I got my #2 choice. I would say that this is a personal decision. If it were me, I would audition (but only because my dream is to be a performer). Good luck to you!

My interview is on tuesday also. i know i definitely want to audition. my best friend is down there and is a part-time performer. he always has the best stories and he does different stuff almost every week. the main, MAIN reason i want to do the program again is to be a performer. if i don't get it, i will be devestated, but i will work in whatever role i get with passion. i guess i am willing to wait all that time. heck, i've had to wait 8 months to apply again, and that was tough, i think i can wait 3 more months :-)eek: ). i have debated on waiting to do my interview at a later time, but as you can see, that didn't work very well! :laughing:
if you are passionate about auditioning and wanting to be a character, then by all means go for it. I'm sure you won;t have a problem with getting your second choice. it depends on how your interview goes. but, if you don't audition, there is still a chance you are not guaranteed to get your other choices... does that make sense? i hope that helps... :confused:

Hi! I'm new to the boards. I am hoping to do the college program for fall 2008. I have my interview on Friday and I am also hoping to audition for character performer. Just thought I would say Hi to everybody.

Hi! I'm new to the boards. I am hoping to do the college program for fall 2008. I have my interview on Friday and I am also hoping to audition for character performer. Just thought I would say Hi to everybody.

Hi there. Welcome to DIS!:) Good luck with the interview.:thumbsup2

Now that people have started interviewing - I just wanted to throw out a "GOOD LUCK" to everyone. My campus presentation is less than a month, so I'm going to try to hold out for that!!

Has anyone had unique interview questions that seemed like they came out of left field??

Everyone let us know how your interviews go! I'm sure you'll all do fine as all of you seem very prepared and confident! Let us know what they ask you and how it is!!!! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know what questions they ask?

The questions they ask range from personal questions (why do you want to do the CP) to questions pertaining to the roles you picked (attractions- what would you do if a kid wanted to ride Space Mountain and was too short).

Good luck with interviews, everyone! I have mine at 2pm and I am so scared!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter