Fantasmic as additional fast pass

Usually easy to get Fantasmic FP+, but be aware it just gives you access to the FP+ section of the theater.. you still need to get there early if want a decent center-ish seat. We got there later and had a disappointing view from more to the side.
Thanks for that info. I just assumed fast passes meant a “good” seat but I should have done more research! I’ll be sure to plan to arrive early even if we grab a fp! Thanks!

Thanks for that info. I just assumed fast passes meant a “good” seat but I should have done more research! I’ll be sure to plan to arrive early even if we grab a fp! Thanks!

That is correct, a FP only gets you into the reserved FP area. You will want to be in line at least 30 minutes before the show starts to be able to get a better seat. If the park is really crowded, I would be n line even earlier. Last time we were there, the FP/Package line was half way down Sunset BLVD. And the standby line was just as bad.

fantasmic-logo_200-png.306168

What a FP+ for F! offers is more CHOICE in seating.

If you DO get a F! FP+, you can choose to sit in either the FP section (virtually the entire left half of the theater) or the Standby section (virtually the entire right half of the theater.)
So, whatever section has the better seating at the time you arrive, you can go there.
Without a FP, you can only choose a seat in the Standby section.

There is a very good chance that you can get a FP+ for F! as a 4th or 5th FP of the day because they issue SO MANY of them (enough to cover nearly the entire left half of the seating.) On many nights, it is possible that you can gat a FP+ for F! as you are walking to the theater.

As to when to arrive at the theater, I'd get to there 45-60 minutes before the show-time.
Even WITH having a FP or Dining Pkg. reservation, don't wait too late.

On busy nights, the CMs can stop holding the reserved sections within 20-30 minutes before show-time, and turn over any available seats to waiting walk-in guests.

Guests who learn how to take advantage of the various available "tools" and timing strategies will be able to take more control over their WDW experiences.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:
(First or Only F! performance of the evening)
Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)

Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_090715_zpsbgadk8q7.jpg

dhs-f-paths_032918-jpg.312458

If you DO get a F! FP+, you can choose to sit in either the FP section (virtually the entire left half of the theater) or the Standby section (virtually the entire right half of the theater.)
So, whatever section has the better seating at the time you arrive, you can go there.

There is a very good chance that you can get a FP+ for F! as a 4th or 5th FP of the day because they issue SO MANY of them (enough to cover nearly the entire left half of the seating.) On many nights, it is possible that you can gat a FP+ for F! as you are walking to the theater.

As to when to arrive at the theater, I'd get to there 45-60 minutes before the show-time.

On busy nights, the CMs can stop holding the reserved sections within 20-30 minutes before show-time, and turn over any available seats to waiting walk-in guests.

Guests who learn how to take advantage of the various available "tools" and timing strategies will be able to take more control over their WDW experiences.

Map Below-
Shaded areas:
Blue= FP+ Reserved

Thank you so much for the detailed info!

Map Below-
Shaded areas:
Blue= FP+ Reserved

Thank you so much for this information! Can't wait to see this version after seeing the Disneyland version countless times.

I think for any show you haven't tried in WDW go see it if you have a chance, you never know it might turn out to be your favorite. We love Fantasmic! and won't miss it- that music brings tears to my eyes just hearing it. Illuminations, well we see if we can fit it in, but we usually find something else to do :duck:.

Map Below-
Shaded areas:
Blue= FP+ Reserved

Thank you so much for the great info. When we went earlier this month, I pulled us over to the auxiliary exit based on your maps and it was a much less crowded walk than the main drag.

Unfortunately, they had the red exit to front blocked, so we did have to merge back in with the masses, but at least we had elbow room for part of our park exit that night :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter