Fantasmic help with no Dining Ressies

We're not even going to see Fantasmic on our trip next week because of the need for dining reservations. We have BB dining reservations. I just can't bring myself to pay extra to see Fantasmic. We used to walk right up to it during the second showing with no issue and a great view back in the day.
We did walkup for everything - F!. WOC, MSEP - and saw everything from a delightful vantage point. We did do 2nd show for all of them.

You can make a regular Riverbelle reservation and ask to upgrade to Fantasmic from your server- this one can't be precooked so good chance you get it.
Tell me how this works? I see a reservation available for a lunch time for the day we can go. Do I make the reservation, eat, then upgrade? Or do we ask for the upgrade once we're seated and they give us whatever is on the pre-fixe menu? And is the upgrade always available?

Tell me how this works? I see a reservation available for a lunch time for the day we can go. Do I make the reservation, eat, then upgrade? Or do we ask for the upgrade once we're seated and they give us whatever is on the pre-fixe menu? And is the upgrade always available?
From Disney's website
River Belle Terrace – Standard Package
Savor a delectable Southern-style meal at lunch or dinner and receive a voucher admitting you to a separate reserved viewing location for one of the 2 Fantasmic! performances that evening.

You can choose from our regular menu or from special items offered only to Fantasmic! Dining Package Guests.

River Belle Terrace lunch or dinner Guests can request the Standard Package from their server. Availability is limited.

You ask for the upgrade from your server before you order. You may order off the special Fantasmic menu or off the regular menu if you prefer. If you want the first show make sure they still have it available before upgrading. It can sell out early in the day.

I’m a DLR newbie and a little confused. Is it not easy to watch F! without a dining package? We have Blue Bayou scheduled for the night we hope to watch it, but not the dining package.

I watched the first showing of fantasmic on 9/10. I did walk up. Around 8/8:15 they have everyone stand and scoot in so more space opens up. Tricky part is to not have your view blocked. I’m sure the second showing has a lot less people. But it is possible to get a decent spot.
Edit: pic of view from where I was standing.
7E29E60D-D872-452E-B555-FD5E1AA3FD18.jpeg

I watched the first showing of fantasmic on 9/10. I did walk up. Around 8/8:15 they have everyone stand and scoot in so more space opens up. Tricky part is to not have your view blocked. I’m sure the second showing has a lot less people. But it is possible to get a decent spot.
Edit: pic of view from where I was standing.
View attachment 702430
So, you didn't have a dining package reservation and they let you watch the show anyway?

Interesting, it looks like you got a good spot. Maybe I should stop stressing about grabbing an ADR special package!

I believe the reserve dining sections all get to sit
Oh, you mean through the show? I thought you meant lining up and waiting for it. Even with package reservations, people are showing up 1-2+ hours early to "get a good spot".

I believe the reserve dining sections all get to sit
Oh, you mean through the show? I thought you meant lining up and waiting for it. Even with package reservations, people are showing up 1-2+ hours early to "get a good spot".
For dining packages, you get to sit inside the reserved area while you wait for the show, and you also sit during the show.

There is no need to show up 2 hours in advance unless you have a large party or you want a very specific spot. The two times I’ve done it, we could have easily shown up 20-30 minutes before the show and had a perfectly acceptable spot.

Walk up you have to stand while waiting for the show to start in your spot and you stand through the show.

You just have to stand for an hour and a half.

This is what I remember from maybe around 2017 or so. Get a FP for F! show standing room section. Stand in line by the riverboat for about 45 minutes. Then they let you move to the area 45 mins before the show. Then you stand for another 30 mins for the actual show. All while you get to watch the package folks sit where we all used to. It was the worst. We were exhausted by the time he show started...all so we can have front row on a the far right railing under a tree. It was pretty lousy. But when Disney figures out how to bilk someone for a little more cash, the rest of us get the crumbs.

This is what I remember from maybe around 2017 or so. Get a FP for F! show standing room section. Stand in line by the riverboat for about 45 minutes. Then they let you move to the area 45 mins before the show. Then you stand for another 30 mins for the actual show. All while you get to watch the package folks sit where we all used to. It was the worst. We were exhausted by the time he show started...all so we can have front row on a the far right railing under a tree. It was pretty lousy. But when Disney figures out how to bilk someone for a little more cash, the rest of us get the crumbs.

There isn’t even fast pass for Fantasmic anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter