FAQ for Disneyland Brides

Hi,

It's so nice to see that there are some disneyland brides out there!

I was wondering if nebdy knew whether or not you could hold the reception in the Animation building in CA park? I'd heard a rumor but i'd love to find out more info before i get my hopes up

Yes you can just posted a picture on my Twitter of a reception that was held there last week. @fairytalehm

Anyone a member of DisneyBrides.com? If so, would you mind referring me (Melissa "Yearbook 50" is strict!)? My name is there is UltraViolet and I think that site may be a good resource to use in addition to Disboards.com and the Yahoo! Group (thanks, Keri!).

Sincerely,
Mary-Frances
October 201?
Probably RCG/SBP or WG?

So hopefully I will have my Disney wedding in August 2011 but so far it seems like its gonna be postponed another year (the economy sucks!). But I would still like to get some info about reception locations. I've already know about the sleeping beauty pavilion and the rose court garden, but does anyone know any other reception locations in the Disneyland hotel? The Disneyland hotel holds a special place in our hearts so we would like to keep it there.

I read on mouseweddings.com about the Garden room so I am interested about that but that pics on there arnt very clear, so I was wondering if anyone has seen it or has had a reception there? I would appreciate any info! :idea:

Also I have seen the "pretty in pink" centerpieces on the Disney weddings website and I was wondering if anyone had any idea how much that costs? I'm really trying to nail down costs before I get too attached to certain things. It took me forever to get over the fact that I would never be able to afford the wedding inside the park ( and I found out about it 4 years ago! :sad2:) so I don't wanna get too attached to these centerpieces. Please help someone!!!!!!!

P.S.
If I called Disney weddings would they give me all this info even though my wedding is still a ways away?

When we went to visit I was really disappointed in the other rooms available. I think the room you're talking about may be at the base of the wonder tower. It was a nice room, but the ceiling was too low for our tastes. Also nice was the patio outside, right next to the waterfalls (which aren't there anymore).

The other options were ballrooms that were part of the convention center, which for the most part were too big for our needs, or too plain. We fell in love with the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion when we saw it.

As far as flowers and budgets go, Disneyland weddings don't have the infrastructure that WDW does, so there is no Disneyland florist. If you get flowers through Disney, they will just hire an outside florist and mark the price up for you. In fact, Disneyland allows outside vendors for all sorts of things, use that to your advantage and only get the things you need to get from Disney, food mostly, we even brought in our own wine and paid a corkage fee.

When we went to visit I was really disappointed in the other rooms available. I think the room you're talking about may be at the base of the wonder tower. It was a nice room, but the ceiling was too low for our tastes. Also nice was the patio outside, right next to the waterfalls (which aren't there anymore).

The other options were ballrooms that were part of the convention center, which for the most part were too big for our needs, or too plain. We fell in love with the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion when we saw it.

As far as flowers and budgets go, Disneyland weddings don't have the infrastructure that WDW does, so there is no Disneyland florist. If you get flowers through Disney, they will just hire an outside florist and mark the price up for you. In fact, Disneyland allows outside vendors for all sorts of things, use that to your advantage and only get the things you need to get from Disney, food mostly, we even brought in our own wine and paid a corkage fee.
Wow thanks so much! This is the first time I've gotten some detailed feedback about Disneyland wedding questions. Thank you so much! I'll definitely start looking at outside vendors and the bringing in your own wine is such a good idea! I'm already gonna look at the florist you used. And thanks for the opinion on the Garden room and the ballooms.

Btw I saw your wedding spotlight on Carly's disney wedding blog and the pics were so romantic! The wedding was beautiful! Congrats!

My fiance has recently canceled our wedding. We already have 3000 paid to APEX Decor in Garden grove. Believe me I wish much more that I was using this but I do not think marriage is in my cards for a while now.

If anyone is interested I would sell you my contract for half the price of what I paid. So 1500 for the florist for 3000 worth of flowers and decor. Please email me for more information if you are interested.

Estelle Vest

turtle51_45@hotmail.com

Wow thanks so much! This is the first time I've gotten some detailed feedback about Disneyland wedding questions. Thank you so much! I'll definitely start looking at outside vendors and the bringing in your own wine is such a good idea! I'm already gonna look at the florist you used. And thanks for the opinion on the Garden room and the ballooms.

Btw I saw your wedding spotlight on Carly's disney wedding blog and the pics were so romantic! The wedding was beautiful! Congrats!

Thanks much! If there's anything else you need advice with, feel free to ask!

By the way when I say we hired outside vendors, I mean everything. We hired a woman to come in and do chair covers at $4 a piece, we hired the band ourselves, and the florist, and I think that covers it. We took them the wine the day before, which is fine because we had to be there for the rehearsal anyway.

Bobbe is a great way to go. He's definitely not the cheapest florist you could find, but when you look at what you get for the money, he's a bargain (especially when compared to Disney). The thing I loved about him was his style and the way he used so many different textures in his work.

I think you should definitely call and look around, talk pricing. When it comes to money we paid Disney I think we were right near the minimum. Our planner was Kelly and she was so helpful, and I never felt like she was annoyed with us for wanting to give the company less of our money.

Thanks much! If there's anything else you need advice with, feel free to ask!

By the way when I say we hired outside vendors, I mean everything. We hired a woman to come in and do chair covers at $4 a piece, we hired the band ourselves, and the florist, and I think that covers it. We took them the wine the day before, which is fine because we had to be there for the rehearsal anyway.

Bobbe is a great way to go. He's definitely not the cheapest florist you could find, but when you look at what you get for the money, he's a bargain (especially when compared to Disney). The thing I loved about him was his style and the way he used so many different textures in his work.

I think you should definitely call and look around, talk pricing. When it comes to money we paid Disney I think we were right near the minimum. Our planner was Kelly and she was so helpful, and I never felt like she was annoyed with us for wanting to give the company less of our money.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your help! Thanks for the recommendation about Kelly. Its so hard to get recommendations on planners and vendors cuz our little Disneyland community is so small! Lol!

I was also wondering what kind of menus Disney offers? What food did you sample? How did it work? What would you recommend? Sorry for being so nosy! I'm just so curious! I wish I could start planning now but the wedding might postponed till 2012 and we were shooting for 2011! So I'm a little disappointed. :sad1: I just wanna get started already! The only thing that keeps me going is just hoping that it will still happen in 2011 so I keep planning. I know its not much longer to have it in 2012 but I've already been waiting for 4 years! Anyways I'm ranting, thanks again! :thumbsup2

Back again! Lol! Now I need some info about the Animation Building in California Adventure! I saw some pics and I fell in LOVE! :love: Now thats my number one choice for the reception location! So now I need some info about pricing! I love this location but I know everything is so much more for the in-park location like food and disney floral, disney photography, but I also figured I wouldnt need any decor except for the centerpieces since the place is already beautiful with all the amazing disney scenes so it might be save a bit of money since im planning on having a huge decor budget. Anyways it still might be too much so I need some updated pricing info and I would really appreciate any help before I get too attached! PLEASE HELP! I would also appreciate more pics! Thanks again! :yay:

I know im nearly three years ahead, but my fiance and I would LOVE to get married at the disnyland hotel ON HALLOWEEN!!! I'm counting down till we are 18 months away and we can schedule our first planning session.

Below is what I got from the coordinator - Sue Romano Disney Land Fairytale Weddings. I've sent her an email back requesting more information on this so I'll let you all know :)

<ESCAPE Wedding Collection.pdf>> <<Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Brochure-2010.pdf>>

Congratulations on your upcoming celebration and thank you for your interest in our Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. It’s my pleasure to help you plan this magical celebration for you and your guests.

Attached is our detailed Wishes Collection and Escape Collection that will give you an idea of what we offer and our pricing options. Generally, we book a year from the date of the event and in some cases, we may get approval to book further out.

Let me know what additional information I may provide to help, take care and talk to you soon.

All the best,

Sue Romano

Sr. Sales & Service Manager

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Quinceanera's

Escape Wedding Collection

Is disneyland still doing the escape weddings?? It isn't on the disney weddings website...

Yes, I believe they are. I called about six weeks ago to inquire and was sent the same information. Unfortunately, I'll have to shave a few people off the guest list to go this route; we asked if there was a flat fee we could pay to add 3 more guests and were told this isn't possible, that we'd have to move up to a Wishes wedding. The guest limit is 24 plus the bride and groom for a total of 26 and anyone 3 and over is included in the guest count. An extra $5k for three more guests....it just doesn't make sense for us. But, I get that the have to draw the line somewhere.

Below are the pictures they sent me of the ceremony and reception sites that are offered with the Escape package:

DreamsGazebo-1.jpg

Dreams Lawn

ParksideTerrace.jpg

Parkside Terrace

WisteriaRoom.jpg

Wisteria Ballroom

DreamsGReception.jpg

Dreams G Ballroom

Anyone have any insight on whether the Passporter Weddings e-book is useful for starting to plan a Disneyland wedding? It says it's for WDW and the Cruise Line, but I'm wondering if some of it translates. We haven't made a decision to do a DL wedding yet, but I want to make sure that I'm thinking of everything!

Anyone have any insight on whether the Passporter Weddings e-book is useful for starting to plan a Disneyland wedding? It says it's for WDW and the Cruise Line, but I'm wondering if some of it translates. We haven't made a decision to do a DL wedding yet, but I want to make sure that I'm thinking of everything!

I emailed them and asked if it would be worth it and they said no especially since Disneyland weddings operate on a smaller scale than WDW weddings and rely heavily onoutside vendors. If you're looking for more info about Disneyland weddings I recommend joining the Disney brides! Its a great forum and it has much more details about Disneyland weddings and WDW weddings! I love it! :lovestruc

I emailed them and asked if it would be worth it and they said no especially since Disneyland weddings operate on a smaller scale than WDW weddings and rely heavily onoutside vendors. If you're looking for more info about Disneyland weddings I recommend joining the Disney brides! Its a great forum and it has much more details about Disneyland weddings and WDW weddings! I love it! :lovestruc

Thank you! Do you mean the Disney brides at disneybrides DOT com ? I'll check it out!

Edited to Add - and if you do mean disneybrides DOT com, do you mind if I mention you as my referral source? It looks like you need someone to vouch for you. I promise to play nice! (I registered as katel over there, too).

MouseFiend - what a beautiful gazebo! Is that where the wedding was held? or just part of the decor?[/QUOTE

I believe you can have the ceremony there. One of the wedding coordinators sent me these pictures as I was researching the possibility of a DL wedding. We still haven't decided; we are a few guests over the maximum allowed for an Escape ceremony, but we've had a few guests volunteer to skip the ceremony and just come to the parks with us afterwards, so we would just have immediate family. I may get my DL wedding afterall :yay:

Thank you! Do you mean the Disney brides at disneybrides DOT com ? I'll check it out!

Edited to Add - and if you do mean disneybrides DOT com, do you mind if I mention you as my referral source? It looks like you need someone to vouch for you. I promise to play nice! (I registered as katel over there, too).

Yes its disneybrides.com. Of course you can use me! Im not sure if you got my pm cuz I sent you with all that info! Lol! Anyways cant wait to see you over there!

I just checked and it looks like it was never sent! O brother! Lol!

Alright well its still showing as it was never sent.

Yes its disneybrides.com. Of course you can use me! Im not sure if you got my pm cuz I sent you with all that info! Lol! Anyways cant wait to see you over there!

I just checked and it looks like it was never sent! O brother! Lol!

Alright well its still showing as it was never sent. Hmmm. Anyways Im mlmontes over there.

Since I'm new 'round here, I think maybe I don't have enough posts to receive PMs. I'll have to work on that. But thank you so much!! I really appreciate it!

Just wanted to thank everybody for posting so much good information. I'm just getting started planning and there's lots of good stuff on this board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter