FAQ - New to swaps? start here.

A Box 'n Tag is a Journal Box and a Tag. The journal boxes usually have a writing space of 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 or 3 x 3. It is usually specified in the swap directions which size is required. I don't think I have seen measurements for tags specified. I have gotten large and small tags in swaps.

I decided i would add this here

this is WebmasterAlex's post on the exchange board
just see the word "swap" where he has "exchange" :thumbsup2

webmasterAlex said:
I thought I would give everyone a refresher on the DIS exchange rules.
The DIS boards will not, under any circumstances, become involved in disputes over exchanges. All exchanges are at your own risk.
We specifically will not allow threads attacking anyone or attempting to shame someone who did not follow through on an exchange. That must be kept to private message or email.

Have you ladies done a swap with alphabets? I have a sizzix and sat down one day and just punched and created different letters for my sis-in-law with different combinations of papers.

I am not new to swapping, or scrapping, and i can provide images of my work, but i am brand new here, am i still considered a newbie, or what do i need to do to swap?

I am not new to swapping, or scrapping, and i can provide images of my work, but i am brand new here, am i still considered a newbie, or what do i need to do to swap?

Check out the swap calandar and see which swaps that are coming up interest you. When the sign-up thread comes out (the dates are in the calandar) then you just tell what place you would like to take that is still open. We are open to new people swapping we just expect you to have your stuff in on time. If you need any other help just let us know. I think that the embellishment swap is the only one left with sign-ups this month.

You can choose newbie or regular swaps- the newbie swaps are to give new people to the boards a chance to swap without feeling like they are letting anyone down with their work but with everyone knowing that they are trying their best even if they haven't developed a lot of scraping skills. KInd of a way to get your feet wet if you are unsure about yourself.

I look forward to swapping with you.

Rebecca

I love swaps and can't wait to start with this group. I have participated in swaps on the CTMH message board for consultants. It will be great to do some DISNEY swaps!:banana:

I love swaps and can't wait to start with this group. I have participated in swaps on the CTMH message board for consultants. It will be great to do some DISNEY swaps!:banana:

Missy,
Welcome!!! Hopefully you have had time to check out the 2007 swap calendar on the board. It will let you know what is scheduled for the month and it's due date!!! :)

Missy, were in Orange County are you? I was born in Cornwall, when the hospital still had maternity.

They are totally optional. Do NOT feel like you have too. Do they appreciate it? Yes. Do they expect it? NO!

Ditto what AWM said... It's a nice little surprise but definitely not expected!!! I know I try to send little things out to show my appreciation for what a hostess does...but by no means is it required..

I've made probably 3 pages and that was about 10 years ago!!! I would love to get started making Disney pages, but don't know how. Where can I go to get started networking with you wonderful people? I'm hoping that making pages from our first trip (May 06) will help pass the time until our next one (Dec 07).
:thanks:

there are lots of places to look around first. Start with the CCS virtual scrapbook.

here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=957926

also 2peas has some wonderful pages
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/
click on peanut gallery
on the green bar click on view by categories
then click on Disney

other than that just dive right in, ask questions etc. there are 2 sub-forums, one for swaps and one for scrapbooking in general. And down at the very bottom is the living room, we all chit chat there.

:welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter