FAQ - New to swaps? start here.

Swap Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided i would add this here

this is WebmasterAlex's post on the exchange board
just see the word "swap" where he has "exchange"

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmasterAlex
I thought I would give everyone a refresher on the DIS exchange rules.
The DIS boards will not, under any circumstances, become involved in disputes over exchanges. All exchanges are at your own risk.
We specifically will not allow threads attacking anyone or attempting to shame someone who did not follow through on an exchange. That must be kept to private message or email.

A quick reminder.. I would hate to see anyone get in trouble for anything!!! :)

Hello,

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I was looking to join a swap, but can't figure out if any are open. I have read this thread till I am pink in the face. Can someone help me figure this out. I would so much appreciate it.

Silvia Cortz
Cortzcards@aol.com

Hello,

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I was looking to join a swap, but can't figure out if any are open. I have read this thread till I am pink in the face. Can someone help me figure this out. I would so much appreciate it.

Silvia Cortz
Cortzcards@aol.com

The swap calendar at the top sticky list what swaps are coming up and the day they open. Right now we don't havce any open swaps but NEE is starting a fill in the gaps swap this afternoon- it will have things from lots of different parks that those of us that have been in many swaps just haven't gotten but feel free to join up in spots that you wold like it is not only for those of us who have been in a lot.

The other swap starting before the new year is the MGM/Hollywood Studios swap that is starting in December. I can't remember the date right now but it is listed in the fill in the gaps thread and I think on the calendar thread.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am hoping after a couple more days here, I will have it all figured out. But with your reply and a couple other repllies, it is really helping me out.

Silvia

If things are a bit confusing...just start a new thread and one of us will get right back to you.. sometimes we skim over things and miss questions!!!

:welcome: aboard!!!! :)
We'll have you addicted in no time!!!

Ok how do i join???? I have a whole sale license so I can get all kinds of cool stuff.

Sorry, with the change in the servers we missed the post the first of the year..and luckily I caught this one..

:welcome: to both of you!

There is a swap calendar with a list of upcoming swaps... We put this calendar together last year to try to keep the swaps in an organized manner so that we all didn't get overwhelmed and could join swaps.. This also enable swappers to know when sign ups would be a could PM the hostess of the swap they wished to join and have them get a spot for you; or you know when to get on line early to sign up for the swaps you won't.
The hostess of the swap will give out detailed instructions on the sign up swap as to what is expected (not demands just requirements for certain things ie double matted, embellished, amount of brads, etc)..and when to check in, due date, postage..

Here is the swap calendar and you can take a peek and see what interests you...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1636778

Please feel free to ask any questions and if you would like feel free to PM me.. I've been a newbie swapper and hostess so if I can't answer it, I can find the answers for you..

Again, :welcome: to our cozy little corner of the DIS!!!

looking forward to joining a couple Disney swaps with another group.. I sawp on Scrapshare currently.

:welcome: to our litte corner!

Check out the Swap Calendar for a list of upcoming swaps. I'm pretty sure we have some upcoming park swaps. We're also dabbling in a few other types of swaps as well if you are interested.

Ask questions of anyone. We're a friendly bunch and love getting to know new people. We're glad you found us!

Hey ladies! I'm a scrapbooker & never have done a swap before. My girlfriend told me about you guys & I would love to try it. I see there are no open swaps right now, but I'd like to know when the next calendar wil be out. I'd like to do something simple for my first swap like 'Tags". Is that possible? Thank you so much. I'm excited to get started & meet new people.
Michi

Hey ladies! I'm a scrapbooker & never have done a swap before. My girlfriend told me about you guys & I would love to try it. I see there are no open swaps right now, but I'd like to know when the next calendar wil be out. I'd like to do something simple for my first swap like 'Tags". Is that possible? Thank you so much. I'm excited to get started & meet new people.
Michi

:wave2: Hey girl, I see you found the site and created a username. When I saw "Michi Belle", I was like what are the chances??? Then I see from Naples. So it has to be you! My username is Mischief_Manged (from Harry Potter), did I ever tell you that?

If you want to post a hello that would get more traffic, you can post on our "living room", which is the main page of The Creative Community - scroll down to the threads there. We discuss general things there. But just in case not many swappers read up here on the Swap page, you can post as well on the living room and say hello.

Great to see you on here. Hopefully you will be able to join some upcoming swaps, and maybe I can travel to you and we can do them together!!!

Michi

:welcome:

The calendar goes to the end of this year. We are still working on next year's schedule. I'll be hosting the DHS swap; signups in earlier December. I need to get a firm date set for that. The requirements are two elements of your choosing from a list I'll post with sign ups. I'll try to find a similar list for you to check out. Groups will be 5 or 6 people. If you are interested and have questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

The directions for this swap are similar to what I will post. Please note one big difference - -this one requires a topper and 2 elements from the list. The DHS swap will require 2 elements. The element choices are the same.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1911273

Thanks a bumch Susan. I will be on the look out for the Dec. swaps & others. I'm very much looking forward to it. Thanks for your help.
Michi:yay:

Hey girl, I'm so glad you found me! You never did tell me your username. Woohoo!!! I can't wait to get together & do swaps. I tried to send a private message but I have to have 10 posts before I do it. Call me so we can plan for Nov. Miss you.
Michi:woohoo:

Hey girl, I'm so glad you found me! You never did tell me your username. Woohoo!!! I can't wait to get together & do swaps. I tried to send a private message but I have to have 10 posts before I do it. Call me so we can plan for Nov. Miss you.
Michi::banana:

Hey M_M. I'm haivng trouble finding the "Living Room" in the Creative Community. Am l looking in the wrong area? Muah...:scared:

Hey M_M. I'm haivng trouble finding the "Living Room" in the Creative Community. Am l looking in the wrong area? Muah...:scared:

The "Living Room" is just the first board when you enter in- it is the general creative community board.

Rebecca

Thank you si much for that. I can't wait to do my 1st swap!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter