FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Pandora opened on Memorial Day weekend this year, when were FPs first made available for advance scheduling? I'm hoping Toy Story Land opens on the same weekend next year, so I'm curious.
From @rteetz' excellent Pandora thread:
FastPass+ reservations for Pandora – The World of Avatar will open tomorrow, March 24th for guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel."

Just wondering what would happen in this scenario:

We're a party of 2 adults and 3 children ages 10, 8 and 6. If we go through the fastpass queue, get to the ride and one of the children changes their mind and decide they don't want to ride what would happen? I assume the adult that leaves the ride with the child would lose their chance to ride with the fastpass?

There is a rider switch option. One adult can hang back with the child(ren) that isn't riding. Once the riders are finished, the others can ride with the rider switch pass. You can enter through the fast pass line. Also, depending on the fast pass time window, you might have enough time for everyone to go through without the rider switch!

2 members of our party are arriving a day before the other 4 of us. I will be making FP for everyone (all on my MDE), and once together we'll be doing the same FP. Since I can make FP for 2 members a day earlier, should I book the FP we all want for them and then try to copy them to the other 4 members the next day? Or only book their first day and then book FP for 6 people the next day when all of our windows are open? I've never done the copying feature before so I'm inexperienced at (1) doing it, (2) if it's quicker, and (3) if it's any more/less likely to "get" the FP's we want. If course, we need the FoP, hoping for it the 6th day of our trip.

There is a rider switch option. One adult can hang back with the child(ren) that isn't riding. Once the riders are finished, the others can ride with the rider switch pass. You can enter through the fast pass line. Also, depending on the fast pass time window, you might have enough time for everyone to go through without the rider switch!

When the child is tall enough, getting a Rider Switch pass isn't a guarantee, and especially if the child is uncertain to ride until after entering the queue. Best to discuss with the CMs as different attractions have different ways to accommodate.

2 members of our party are arriving a day before the other 4 of us. I will be making FP for everyone (all on my MDE), and once together we'll be doing the same FP. Since I can make FP for 2 members a day earlier, should I book the FP we all want for them and then try to copy them to the other 4 members the next day? Or only book their first day and then book FP for 6 people the next day when all of our windows are open? I've never done the copying feature before so I'm inexperienced at (1) doing it, (2) if it's quicker, and (3) if it's any more/less likely to "get" the FP's we want. If course, we need the FoP, hoping for it the 6th day of our trip.
If both onsite Reservations are linked correctly to your 1 MDE, your complete booking window opens for everyone not just those 2 early arrivers.

Be prepared to book FPs for everyone through your checkout day as soon as the booking window opens for the early arrivers - includes all of you.

Hey all - wondering if anyone has any tips for this scenario:

I have 1 day left of a 3 day FL resident pass that I'm using in November. I chose my FP's today, but then I remembered I am also going back in December, which means I can choose FP's in about 30 days. I've spoken to multiple CM's who tell me the only way I can add another day is in person at the park in November. If I have to do it that way, I can't choose FP's for my December trip until approx 30 days out, which kinda stinks.

Is there any possibility MDX will let me choose my December FP's since I won't have used the ticket at that point? Then when I add the day, it would carry over?

Hey all - wondering if anyone has any tips for this scenario:

I have 1 day left of a 3 day FL resident pass that I'm using in November. I chose my FP's today, but then I remembered I am also going back in December, which means I can choose FP's in about 30 days. I've spoken to multiple CM's who tell me the only way I can add another day is in person at the park in November. If I have to do it that way, I can't choose FP's for my December trip until approx 30 days out, which kinda stinks.

Is there any possibility MDX will let me choose my December FP's since I won't have used the ticket at that point? Then when I add the day, it would carry over?

If you only have one day of park entitlements linked in MDX, you won't be able to book more than one day of Fastpasses.

If you only have one day of park entitlements linked in MDX, you won't be able to book more than one day of Fastpasses.

Ack, I was afraid of that. I guess worst case scenario, I can get the ticket in November and then just see what MDX has left for Epcot for December. Thanks for responding!

If both onsite Reservations are linked correctly to your 1 MDE, your complete booking window opens for everyone not just those 2 early arrivers.

Be prepared to book FPs for everyone through your checkout day as soon as the booking window opens for the early arrivers - includes all of you.

Really? Why does that happen if we're on different reservations? How can I tell if "both onsite reservations are linked correctly to your 1 MDE"? They are both showing.

Really? Why does that happen if we're on different reservations? How can I tell if "both onsite reservations are linked correctly to your 1 MDE"? They are both showing.
If they both are showing, they are definitely linked.

Onsite reservations open up the booking window for everyone involved with a consecutive/contiguous/adjacent reservation.

Just be prepared with all your FP plans especially if you are planning for the Pandora rides in AK.

somewhere I read we can make FP+ on MNNSHP and don't need park tickets for that day. Also from what I understand we can get in the park as early as 4:00pm. While trying to make my selections MDE won't allow it. and advise?

somewhere I read we can make FP+ on MNNSHP and don't need park tickets for that day. Also from what I understand we can get in the park as early as 4:00pm. While trying to make my selections MDE won't allow it. and advise?
You can enter from 4pm with just a party ticket, but no FPs are available for the party.
If you have a day ticket you can book up until normal park close time (pre official party start time) but I don't believe anyone can make FP reservations during party time...

You can enter from 4pm with just a party ticket, but no FPs are available for the party.
If you have a day ticket you can book up until normal park close time (pre official party start time) but I don't believe anyone can make FP reservations during party time...

Right, don't they check wristbands/tickets for everything you do after park hours close to public (aside from shopping of course)?.

Are your MNSSHP tickets linked to your profiles in MDE? It seems that people who have park AND MNSSHP tickets have been able to book FP for all park days PLUS FP during the 4-7:00 window. I didn't do this myself, because I am going to MK on my MNSSHP day, so I can book FP that day anyway, but from what I understand you can book 2-3 FP, but the starting and ending times for those FP MUST start at 4:00 or later and end before 7:00. So most people are just doing two FP from say 4:30-5:30 and then 5:30-6:30 approximately.

I realize this isn't advertised, but in the MNSSHP threads, it is heavily discussed and Disney is well aware of the fact that people are doing it. The problem has been that if you have FP outside of the 4-7 window, it is triggering Disney to delete some FP for those people's trips.

I also don't know that it will allow you to book the party FP if you already have 3 FP at another park earlier the same day. Most people I've seen aren't going to a park the day of their MNSSHP and are booking the 2 FP during the 4-7 window.

If this post isn't allowed, please delete it, but Disney is clearly aware of people doing this and allow it, even if it isn't advertised as a benefit of the party ticket.

Right, don't they check wristbands/tickets for everything you do after park hours close to public (aside from shopping of course)?.

Not even shopping is permitted once the party starts.

Are your MNSSHP tickets linked to your profiles in MDE? It seems that people who have park AND MNSSHP tickets have been able to book FP for all park days PLUS FP during the 4-7:00 window. I didn't do this myself, because I am going to MK on my MNSSHP day, so I can book FP that day anyway, but from what I understand you can book 2-3 FP, but the starting and ending times for those FP MUST start at 4:00 or later and end before 7:00. So most people are just doing two FP from say 4:30-5:30 and then 5:30-6:30 approximately.

I realize this isn't advertised, but in the MNSSHP threads, it is heavily discussed and Disney is well aware of the fact that people are doing it. The problem has been that if you have FP outside of the 4-7 window, it is triggering Disney to delete some FP for those people's trips.

I also don't know that it will allow you to book the party FP if you already have 3 FP at another park earlier the same day. Most people I've seen aren't going to a park the day of their MNSSHP and are booking the 2 FP during the 4-7 window.

If this post isn't allowed, please delete it, but Disney is clearly aware of people doing this and allow it, even if it isn't advertised as a benefit of the party ticket.

I know that it won't work, and never has.

I think this has been answered in the first posts, but I just read conflicting info on another thread. I have one night - room only - booked for 11/7-11/8 at all star movies and then a package booked at yatch club for 11/8-11/13. My tickets are tied to my package. I don't have a ticket for the room only night. Will my window open based on 11/7 (would be this Friday) or 11/8 (would be this Saturday). Much thanks in advance.

I think this has been answered in the first posts, but I just read conflicting info on another thread. I have one night - room only - booked for 11/7-11/8 at all star movies and then a package booked at yatch club for 11/8-11/13. My tickets are tied to my package. I don't have a ticket for the room only night. Will my window open based on 11/7 (would be this Friday) or 11/8 (would be this Saturday). Much thanks in advance.

Your 60-day window will open based on the ASMo stay, but you won't be able to select FPs for your first day since your package tickets from YC are not valid during it.

Which thread has conflicting info?

I was thinking of doing a Disney spring day on the party day without going to a park but I'm flexible. But I also don't think we will be to worried about the rides with all the party activity. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter