FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am checking in to the Dolphin hotel tomorrow. It's my understanding that the Dolphin doesn't provide MagicBands. I've booked my FastPasses and ADRS for Friday and Saturday - if I don't have a Magic Band, how do I use my fast pass selections? Do I pick up my tickets at the hotel? If someone could let me know, that would be very much appreciated! Thanks ! :)
You can stop by the ticket window at Epcot's International Gateway and have hard plastic tickets issued to you there.

There's a Disney Shop in the Swan and you can purchase MBs there if you'd like to use MBs rather than the ticket - they both function in the same way.

@kddlm will need to go to Guest Relations to have her PHs prioritized as the "first use" tickets. It's the only way in which tickets can be prioritized.

Someone was just telling me that if I "deactivate" the older non-expiring tickets I have under MDE once I add the new hopper pass for the varsity package, that will solve my issue. Sound accurate? I suppose I just make the older tickets "active" again once my trip is over? Thoughts?

Someone was just telling me that if I "deactivate" the older non-expiring tickets I have under MDE once I add the new hopper pass for the varsity package, that will solve my issue. Sound accurate? I suppose I just make the older tickets "active" again once my trip is over? Thoughts?
Tickets cannot be "deactivated." They can be reassigned but if you've had your non-expiring tickets in MDE and have used them to enter a park, they can't be reassigned.

You can check by going to the My Account/Ticket section of MDE and see if "reassign" is available for those tickets.

If they are, create a Ticket Saver/fake name Profile and reassign the tickets there until you need to use them on a future trip. Then, you'll reassign back to the original people.

I think the confusion is that there is a "deactivate" for each "device" (MagicBand or card), but that just deactivates the specific device, which otherwise can be used to enter the park, use a FP, etc. for ANY entitlement that you have available in MDE. So deactivating the card that was originally associated with your NE ticket simply stops that card from being able to do anything, while any magicband, other card, etc. can still access the entitlements.

Think of the magicbands and cards as garage door openers, and your tickets are your lawnmower and snow shovel. You can have more than one, and you can deactivate any of them if they get lost, stolen, etc. But any other garage door opener will still work, and you can still get to your lawnmower - but you need to move the shovel aside...

Will those in a park see a different list of available times once they've used their first three FPs, than a person who is not even at WDW, but just curious?

I agree, but I recently read of someone who WAS NOT inside a park, but was making FPs for friends who WERE inside a park. The lady says they left her their MDE password. The lady then claimed if she logged on under their MDE while they were in the park, she saw more available FPs that if she logged on at the same time from her own MDE.

I agree, but I recently read of someone who WAS NOT inside a park, but was making FPs for friends who WERE inside a park. The lady says they left her their MDE password. The lady then claimed if she logged on under their MDE while they were in the park, she saw more available FPs that if she logged on at the same time from her own MDE.

It's on the internet, so it must be true. :)

Hi, according Split Stays:
Package Stay followed by Room-Only (RO) Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (package) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (RO) stay.

I have package Stay 13-14 January and room only 18-19 January, is only for fastpass at flight.. in Pandora at January 19, what happen with magic bands?, I´ll have 2 magic band?, obviously I´ll use window 65 days according split stays, I´m afraid miss fastpass when check out the first hotel

Thanks in advance

Package Stay followed by Room-Only (RO) Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (package) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (RO) stay.

I have package Stay 13-14 January and room only 18-19 January, is only for fastpass at flight.. in Pandora at January 19, what happen with magic bands?, I´ll have 2 magic band?, obviously I´ll use window 65 days according split stays, I´m afraid miss fastpass when check out the first hotel

Thanks in advance
You actually don't have a Split Stay. You have 2 separate stays and when you are 60-days out from your January 18th check-in you can also book for January 19th.

All MBs that are linked to your MDE work in the same manner. You can decline MBs for Stay #2 because you won't need them.

Thanks in advance

You will be able to get two sets of MagicBands since you have two stays booked, but you can use EITHER MagicBand for the entirety of both stays as they will be interchangeable.

Remember: Fastpasses are not associated directly with bands, cards, tickets, etc. - they are associated with YOU. The bands are just a means to access them, the tickets just enable you to book them, and the stays just enable the 60-day window.

(I glossed over the fact that your "split stay" isn't really a split stay, as hiro pointed out - there is a gap, so they are not linked together and are two independent stays, so two different 60 day windows)

Last edited:
I think the confusion is that there is a "deactivate" for each "device" (MagicBand or card), but that just deactivates the specific device, which otherwise can be used to enter the park, use a FP, etc. for ANY entitlement that you have available in MDE. So deactivating the card that was originally associated with your NE ticket simply stops that card from being able to do anything, while any magicband, other card, etc. can still access the entitlements.

Think of the magicbands and cards as garage door openers, and your tickets are your lawnmower and snow shovel. You can have more than one, and you can deactivate any of them if they get lost, stolen, etc. But any other garage door opener will still work, and you can still get to your lawnmower - but you need to move the shovel aside...

OK....my mind is totally blown now! Bottom line I will simply go to Guest Relations prior to entering a park and make sure the 4 day hopper I will receive as part of my package is prioritized for that visit! I am going to have these tix listed and active in MDE for quite sometime as all of them have remaining WP visits left on them (I think I have WP visits for life...LOL)! I used to buy them from UT when the had the full bells and whistles ticket with NE as we are DVC and always knew we would be coming back! Hate that they did away with NE!!!!!

Thank you for all the information! Love the knowledge here!!

I will say that I often see different availability just by refreshing (both while inside and outside the park) so that's likely what was happening. But what is ACTUALLY available is the same for everyone.

I have a question that I didn't see in the Kenny the pirate tutorial. In MDX, I've linked my package (onsite hotel with tickets). When I click to book fastpasses, it is prompting me to add my ticket media. Is this because I am greater than 60 days out? Do I need to link my tickets separately, or will they automatically populate there when it is time to schedule fastpasses? I can see the tickets in my profile, assigned to each of us correctly. I'll be making reservations at 4am (I live in CA) so I'm trying to work out any kinks beforehand.

Is this because I am greater than 60 days out?
Yes. It’s highlighted in the Booking section of this thread.

When your FP booking window opens at 7:00a ET at the 60-day mark, you’ll be able to book your FPs. Checking beforehand results in what you’ve experienced because of your package.

The relevant passage from Post #3:
For onsite guests with a room/ticket package, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark. Before this point, it is normal for various members and/or their tickets to not appear on the MDX account. The entire traveling party and their tickets will appear at the 60-day mark in almost all cases. It is generally not possible to practice booking FPs beforehand in this situation.

I'm pretty excited! We were originally offsite the night before our Beach Club stay (package w/ tix + dining) begins for the Princess Half 2018! I found a great rate for ASSp through Expedia and grabbed it for room only that night. Doesn't this mean my FastPass+ booking window will open one day earlier for me now? If so, that means I don't have to worry about my window opening coinciding with Christmas morning festivities!

ETA: I do realize this still means I can book for package days only but it was the booking day I was "worried" about...not the park days for which I can book Fastpasses.

I'm pretty excited! We were originally offsite the night before our Beach Club stay (package w/ tix + dining) begins for the Princess Half 2018! I found a great rate for ASSp through Expedia and grabbed it for room only that night. Doesn't this mean my FastPass+ booking window will open one day earlier for me now? If so, that means I don't have to worry about my window opening coinciding with Christmas morning festivities!

ETA: I do realize this still means I can book for package days only but it was the booking day I was "worried" about...not the park days for which I can book Fastpasses.

Assuming you are able to link that reservation into your MDX account, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter