FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...that's different from everything else I've read about when the booking window opens.. everywhere else it says 7 AM Eastern time....

mom2rtk, are you sure? Hiro? Mesa?

This is news to me too. I booked fast passes 2 weeks ago, and the FP window didn't open until 7am EST. I know, because I checked at 6:59am! lol

wow...that's different from everything else I've read about when the booking window opens.. everywhere else it says 7 AM Eastern time....

mom2rtk, are you sure? Hiro? Mesa?
LOL, too early to post I guess. It did switch last May. It switched FROM 12 AM to 7 AM Easter. Sorry!

Still 7am ET. Which means it _should_ have opened up this morning at 7am for a 12/1 check-in date...

Still 7am ET. Which means it _should_ have opened up this morning at 7am for a 12/1 check-in date...
So many parts of the app have been glitchy lately! I guess we should all TRY the day before we THINK FP should open to be on the safe side.

I promise this happened to me...I'm a WDW/DLR planning veteran who thought he knew the time and date. I was truly shocked that the window was open. The look of shock on my face when I told my wife we didn't have to get up at 4am was priceless; she thought something was wrong and I felt like I stole something...:) When we booked our October passes 60 days ago it was 4am AZ time (7am Eastern).

We arrive on December 1st so the window was to open on October 2nd as October has 31 days...It was pure luck that I checked last night and my dates were active for December. Maybe it has something to do with my October 7-14th trip being booked already? I got my start planning email today and Touring Plans dashboard stated "October 2nd" to start planning. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad it did.

Mike

Maybe it has something to do with my October 7-14th trip being booked already?
Yes! That’s it!!

Your FP booking window for your October trip has rolled forward each day thus opening your December booking window at the moment the rolling window met up with your December booking window.

After much reporting, especially by @AngiTN, it’s been confirmed for awhile to always check a day early thanks to that rolling window from Trip#1.

Yes or no...make FPs for a person who only has a party ticket to enter the MK? The rest of us can use AP to enter the park. Do not want to jeopardize his FPS 2 days later at AK.

Yes or no...make FPs for a person who only has a party ticket to enter the MK? The rest of us can use AP to enter the park. Do not want to jeopardize his FPS 2 days later at AK.
Where is that Party Ticket linked?

If you assign the entitlement to a Person#2, not on the Profile where the AK FPs are linked, you can book FPs without losing any others.

It's been totally random who can make/keep them and who can't. I will say, I have an AP (only one in my group) and made FPs for all of us on 2 party nights. So far so good - parties are next week. So having an AP in the group might be what's saving us. (Of course I've probably just jinxed myself! Lol)

Where is that Party Ticket linked?

If you assign the entitlement to a Person#2, not on the Profile where the AK FPs are linked, you can book FPs without losing any others.
His name is associated with the Party Ticket. So, I should NOT get him FPs for the party. I think that is what you are saying. His name is on the 2 day hopper, that is how I got him the FoP for AK day.

Yes! That’s it!!

Your FP booking window for your October trip has rolled forward each day thus opening your December booking window at the moment the rolling window met up with your December booking window.

After much reporting, especially by @AngiTN, it’s been confirmed for awhile to always check a day early thanks to that rolling window from Trip#1.

Thank you, I'm not crazy, just lucky to be able to do this a few hours early. I should have looked into this awhile back. Goes to show no matter how long you've been on the DISBoards you can still learn something, although the volume of material on the Boards makes it hard to keep up.

Mike

His name is associated with the Party Ticket. So, I should NOT get him FPs for the party. I think that is what you are saying. His name is on the 2 day hopper, that is how I got him the FoP for AK day.
If you can reassign the Party Entitlement to Person#2 and have a card issued for Person #2 specifically to enter the Party and FP lines, that would be the safest way to pre-book FPs for the Party Entitlement.

Or, you can play the odds and keep everything where it is and he can book FPs for the Party day, but, not worth it to jeopardize AK FPs.

I’d move the Party entitlement.

Thank you, I'm not crazy, just lucky to be able to do this a few hours early. I should have looked into this awhile back. Goes to show no matter how long you've been on the DISBoards you can still learn something, although the volume of material on the Boards makes it hard to keep up.

Mike
Most people don’t realize their 60-day FP booking window rolls forward until actual checkout day of the onsite stay.

The rolling window actually makes Trip#1 a really long one day at a time Split Stay that functions to open Trip#2’s FP Booking a day early.

Great that it saved you from 4:00a booking. :)

Just so I understand...a new booking window opens at 7am...but a rolling booking window opens at midnight?

No. If @MikeRx had checked in the morning rather than waiting until 9pm, he would have found he could have booked for his December stay.

That's where I'm not wrapping my head around it though. Today is 60 days from December 1st, so even with the rolling 60 day window, I think it still should have unlocked today...

That's where I'm not wrapping my head around it though. Today is 60 days from December 1st, so even with the rolling 60 day window, I think it still should have unlocked today...
If you think of Trip#1 rolling into Trip#2 as a Split Stay situation as described in this thread, onsite to onsite contiguous/consecutive stays keep the FP booking window open.

As soon as the Trip#1 Booking window became contiguous/adjacent to Trip#2’s window, booking opened for Trip#2.

If you think of Trip#1 rolling into Trip#2 as a Split Stay situation as described in this thread, onsite to onsite contiguous/consecutive stays keep the FP booking window open.

As soon as the Trip#1 Booking window became contiguous/adjacent to Trip#2’s window, booking opened for Trip#2.

Ah...very interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter