FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Split stay with different ppl. Am I able to get FP's(60 days from start of 1st resort reservation) for ppl who are on the 2nd Disney resort reservations, but not the 1st resort reservation? This is over 10 continuous days.

Thanks

Hello

Split stay with different ppl. Am I able to get FP's(60 days from start of 1st resort reservation) for ppl who are on the 2nd Disney resort reservations, but not the 1st resort reservation? This is over 10 continuous days.

Thanks

I just booked my FP this morning and my friend is joining us at the end of our trip and it let me book her FP today even though she isn't joining us until the end of the trip. I was kind of surprised it let me do it since she is not on my reservation until day 10 of our trip.

Thank-you, hiroMYhero! I appreciate your answer and the DIS Forum. I have lurked here for years and have always had a great vacation at Disney because of all the great info shared in the forums.

Hello

Thanks
As long as the people in Stay#2 have separately linked tickets, you can book for them. If Stay#2 is booked as a package, you can’t book for the others.

I had 3 FP at Dhs.
Toy story we used at 805am
Rnrc was down 915 -1015 so we got mult exp FP, not used yet. Rnrc not back up yet and we’d like to ride it.
We used TOT at 1020am.

So why doesn’t this couldn’t as all 3 FP done? I can only select a tier 2 FP even though tier 1 is available

I had 3 FP at Dhs.
Rnrc was down 915 -1015 so we got mult exp FP, not used yet. Rnrc not back up yet and we’d like to ride it.
We used TOT at 1020am.

So why doesn’t this couldn’t as all 3 FP done? I can only select a tier 2 FP even though tier 1 is available
Because you have used 2 tier 2s yet.

I had 3 FP at Dhs.
We used TOT at 1020am.

The ride going down and receiving an anytime FP does not count as having used the FP. You would need to add another tier 2 and use that before being able to add more.

Why doesn’t the RNrc count as used?

I can’t find one I want at a reasonable time. This works much better at MK

Thanks for your help. Saves me a trip to guest relations
Because “Multiple Experiences FP” are not considered a tier 1 nor a tier 2. They don’t count as one of your original 3 FP.

If you are wanting to book another tier 1 your best bet is to book the earliest available tier 2 you can and tap it out if you do not want to ride.

....and don’t forget, if the earliest “burner tier 2” is not at desirable time, booknit anyway and keep attempting to modify it in MDX to an earlier time or even a different tier 2 attraction that is showing an earlier time.

ETA: I don’t know how many are in your group, but when I searched for a group of 4 just a moment ago I was shown Frozen Sing Along at 1:00 and Beauty and the Beast at 1:30.

This may have been answered but I cant find it. For a character fast pass, My wife, son and daughter all have a fast pass for the AK outpost character neet n greet. I do not. Can I go in and just take pictures of them or will i need a fast pass for that?

This may have been answered but I cant find it. For a character fast pass, My wife, son and daughter all have a fast pass for the AK outpost character neet n greet. I do not. Can I go in and just take pictures of them or will i need a fast pass for that?

Everyone entering the line is required to have a Fastpass, so you would need one.

From Post #2:
- All guests entering an attraction's FP queue must have a valid FP for that attraction, including all character M&Gs. The only exceptions to this are small children under 3yo, who do not need FPs.

We are traveling to WDW in October w/family members and are staying at a DS hotel, as are our family members (we are all linked in MDX). After we made our hotel reservation, we made an additional reservation and added 2 days to the front of the trip (it was cheaper that way).

Our family members went through a planner and got (I believe) a room/ticket package. The family members also added two days to the front of the trip, but not through the planner (she was unable to do this and keep the rates down), but through the hotel's website.

They are now asking the planner to add 2 days to their original 4 day ticket - she says while she can do that, she is unable to guarantee if they can use them on those additional days (at the front of the trip), and that, "Your tickets are linked to your package, and you don’t receive them until you check in (they just put a special “key” in your account to allow you to make FastPass selections). I don’t know if they will let you get the tickets early when you check in before your package starts. And if you can use them that day, I’m not sure that you’ll be able to select FastPasses ahead of time for that park day."

Sorry for the complicated question - we are all very confused by this.

-Can my family members reach out to Disney directly and add the extra days to the ticket?
-We don't really understand what the planner is referring to...any insights?

My FP selection day is coming up on August 14th (and I believe that theirs is too) - any insights would be great. I can clarify anything as needed, and thanks again.

(If this isn't the right place to post, please let me know, and I can move it.)

Last edited:
We are traveling to WDW in October w/family members and are staying at a DS hotel, as are our family members (we are all linked in MDX). After we made our hotel reservation, we made an additional reservation and added 2 days to the front of the trip (it was cheaper that way).

Our family members went through a planner and got (I believe) a room/ticket package. The family members also added two days to the front of the trip, but not through the planner (she was unable to do this and keep the rates down), but through the hotel's website.

They are now asking the planner to add 2 days to their original 4 day ticket - she says while she can do that, she is unable to guarantee if they can use them on those additional days (at the front of the trip), and that, "Your tickets are linked to your package, and you don’t receive them until you check in (they just put a special “key” in your account to allow you to make FastPass selections). I don’t know if they will let you get the tickets early when you check in before your package starts. And if you can use them that day, I’m not sure that you’ll be able to select FastPasses ahead of time for that park day."

-Can my family members reach out to Disney directly and add the extra days to the ticket?

My FP selection day is coming up on August 14th (and I believe that theirs is too) - any insights would be great. I can clarify anything as needed, and thanks again.

DSprings Hotels and their FP booking perks are discussed here:
Disney Springs area Hotel Guests: 60-Day FP + EMH Through 2019: *No Packages Needed*

The tickets that are bundled in the package are regular Disney park tickets. It would be best if someone called the DSprings hotel and ask them directly because the agent doesn’t have the info.

The planner is mostly correct. While the tickets can be activated early upon arrival onsite, and used early for those first 2 days, advanced FP booking will not be enabled for those 2 days as the system will not recognize the tickets as being “active” until check in day of the package to which they are linked. It doesn’t matter if the planner adds the days or it’s done by Disney directly.

To enable prebooking for the first 2 days, they have 2 options - move the tickets to the first stay or purchase them separately. Either of these would allow them to book 60 days out from the first stay (and for all days of both stays). If they leave as is, and activate on site upon arrival, the tickets CAN be used immediately and will be eligible for FP booking as soon as they are activated.

Thank you both your reply. We didn't realize that, and it's good for us to know in the future.

A separate question - we have 2 contiguous stays when we go in 3 months - same DS springs hotel, the additional stay is because we added days to the start. I have a RO package and purchased the tickets separately. Everything is loaded into MDX.

I called Disney yesterday for an unrelated question and asked about the contiguous stays. The CM said that I would have 2 booking windows - one for each stay. I had been under the impression from the wiki that the FP booking opened at check-in on the first day for both stays. Am I missing something?

Our stay is currently:

10/13 and 10/14 - DS Hotel
10/15 through etc - Same DS Hotel

I had assumed that on August 14th, 60 days out from 10/13, I would be able to book for the whole trip. Just didn't want to be surprised on 8/14. Thank you all for your invaluable help.

Thank you both your reply. We didn't realize that, and it's good for us to know in the future.

A separate question - we have 2 contiguous stays when we go in 3 months - same DS springs hotel, the additional stay is because we added days to the start. I have a RO package and purchased the tickets separately. Everything is loaded into MDX.

I called Disney yesterday for an unrelated question and asked about the contiguous stays. The CM said that I would have 2 booking windows - one for each stay. I had been under the impression from the wiki that the FP booking opened at check-in on the first day for both stays. Am I missing something?

Our stay is currently:

10/13 and 10/14 - DS Hotel
10/15 through etc - Same DS Hotel

I had assumed that on August 14th, 60 days out from 10/13, I would be able to book for the whole trip. Just didn't want to be surprised on 8/14. Thank you all for your invaluable help.
The CM is incorrect.

You’ll be able to book FPs for all park days when your initial booking window opens.

For the other family with the package, it isn’t that the tickets have to be activated, it’s because it’s a DSprings hotel bundle. The tickets will be at the hotel. That’s why a Key Card is used for booking FPs and the Key Cards are date specific according to what was booked via the agent.

The CM is incorrect.

You’ll be able to book FPs for all park days when your initial booking window opens.

For the other family with the package, it isn’t that the tickets have to be activated, it’s because it’s a DSprings hotel bundle. The tickets will be at the hotel. That’s why a Key Card is used for booking FPs and the Key Cards are date specific according to what was booked via the agent.

Thank you so much.

Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

I have a question about our stay based on the guidance posted above (from September 2017). We will be staying offsite for 5 nights, onsite in an upgraded room for 1 night, then onsite at the same resort in a standard room for 4 nights. I understand after booking ADRs that our two resort stays are considered separate. We plan to book 7 days of park tickets; can we book those tickets through Disney without the system considering that to be a "package"? It looks like there are advantages to not booking a package stay. We currently have room only reservations.

Also, am I reading the above correctly to mean that 60 days from our first onsite stay, we should be able to book FPs for the last 4 nights of our trip too? Will we also be able to then book FPs for the first 5 nights of our trip, or will we need to wait until 30 days out to do those? Has anyone had any recent experience booking a split stay with an offsite portion first, followed by an onsite reservation? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter