FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW and I are traveling with DW's parents. DW and I both have our own MDE accounts. I have added both of my in-laws to my friends and family list as accounts that I manage, as I will be booking the ADRs and FP+ for the group. Two questions:
1) After I book the FP+, can my in-laws then create their own MDE accounts and link them to the plans that have already been made, so they can access everything on the MDE app and website?
2) Can I schedule FP+ for a group that I am not in? For example - if my father in-law and I want to get a FP+ for Toy Story Mania, while DW and mother in-law get a FP+ for Slinky Dog Dash, can I schedule the Slinky Dog Dash FP+ for them, even if I am not in that group?
The easiest thing to do is give your in-laws your login ID.

Anyone can pick and choose FPs for any members in their MDX account.

AP's are capped at 7 days of FP when not staying onsite. That poster was staying at a Disney Springs resort which allows for some of the same benefits as being onsite but is not considered onsite with regards to AP limits. That is not the same scenario as your question and so the answers are different.

I now know how it works and thanks to all that helped me with this. Joe

I'm feeling a little desperate here. My dad is joining our reservation at the last minute and I'm struggling to organize the fast passes. We already selected them for ourselves a week ago and don't know how to add (or try to add) my father separately. Nothing is syncing up. They asked me to add a guest but then needed an ID number and I'm still not even sure if that would do what I'm trying to do. Basically, how do I try to get my dad fast passes for the times we selected? He doesn't have and won't have his own account. It has to be done through ours. I don't dare modify if it will mess up what we have. He's not showing up in our party when I tried to create a party. It asked me to add guest and for ID information that I don't have. Is the ID the confirmation number? Thank you!

DW and I are traveling with DW's parents. DW and I both have our own MDE accounts. I have added both of my in-laws to my friends and family list as accounts that I manage, as I will be booking the ADRs and FP+ for the group. Two questions:
1) After I book the FP+, can my in-laws then create their own MDE accounts and link them to the plans that have already been made, so they can access everything on the MDE app and website?
2) Can I schedule FP+ for a group that I am not in? For example - if my father in-law and I want to get a FP+ for Toy Story Mania, while DW and mother in-law get a FP+ for Slinky Dog Dash, can I schedule the Slinky Dog Dash FP+ for them, even if I am not in that group?

The easiest thing to do is give your in-laws your login ID.

Thanks for the reply, and I understand that would be easier, but is number 1 possible? I would be concerned about giving them access to my entire MDE account. And I know that eventually they would like their own. They just wanted me to do the planning for convenience.

Thanks for the reply, and I understand that would be easier, but is number 1 possible?
Not really.

You’d need to go to their Profiles in your MDX and invite them through the Profile line. Use the website.

This means they need to have an email address. Then, after they set up everything for their MDX, delete them from yours. Then they only see their own plans.

Not really.

You’d need to go to their Profiles in your MDX and invite them through the Profile line. Use the website.

This means they need to have an email address. Then, after they set up everything for their MDX, delete them from yours. Then they only see their own plans.

Thanks again, I did see the link on their profiles to invite them. That is what I will do when the time comes.

Thanks again, I did see the link on their profiles to invite them. That is what I will do when the time comes.

You can do it now so you’re set up prior to booking FPs for everyone.

I think @hiroMYhero is recommending that they create their own MDE account now so that you can link them to your account before time to make FPs. I've read posts from people who made the FPs first and then tried to link new MDE accounts, and it gets very complicated. You would have to delete them from your account, and that's hard to do without Disney IT assistance.

I think @hiroMYhero is recommending that they create their own MDE account now so that you can link them to your account before time to make FPs. I've read posts from people who made the FPs first and then tried to link new MDE accounts, and it gets very complicated. You would have to delete them from your account, and that's hard to do without Disney IT assistance.
Actually their names are already listed in the MDX and they can form their own MDX if the “Invite” is sent. Then, it’ll be all set prior to booking FPs for the complete group

Actually their names are already listed in the MDX and they can form their own MDX if the “Invite” is sent. Then, it’ll be all set prior to booking FPs for the complete group

Thanks - I didn’t know they could create their own MDE that way.

So does it matter whether they create their own MDE before or after FPs are made?

So does it matter whether they create their own MDE before or after FPs are made?
It shouldn’t matter but because they are already listed in the 1st MDX, setting up the 2nd now means their MBs and FPs will be Managed by them.

I'm feeling a little desperate here. My dad is joining our reservation at the last minute and I'm struggling to organize the fast passes. We already selected them for ourselves a week ago and don't know how to add (or try to add) my father separately. Nothing is syncing up. They asked me to add a guest but then needed an ID number and I'm still not even sure if that would do what I'm trying to do. Basically, how do I try to get my dad fast passes for the times we selected? He doesn't have and won't have his own account. It has to be done through ours. I don't dare modify if it will mess up what we have. He's not showing up in our party when I tried to create a party. It asked me to add guest and for ID information that I don't have. Is the ID the confirmation number? Thank you!
I don't know much about this but he can create his own account and then you can invite him to join yours, thereby linking them. I believe the id number would be his ticket/package and probably the confirmation . Personally, if he is staying separate from you it might be easier to have him create his own MDE account and then just link them so you can handle the reservations. I'm sure someone here can explain better the steps you need to take.

Quick question and sorry if this is been answered already. I am having a split stay at 5 different reservations. My first stay starts on Oct 8th and then I move to another Oct 9th through Oct 11th, and then Oct 11th to 14th, then Oct 14th through Oct 17th, then Oct 17th through Oct 18th, then finally Oct 18th - Oct 20th. Will I have to log on at the 60 mark for all of these reservations or could I book FP at the first 60 day mark? Most of my stays are through DVC points but two are regular room only reservations. Thanks in advance for the help.

Quick question and sorry if this is been answered already. I am having a split stay at 5 different reservations. My first stay starts on Oct 8th and then I move to another Oct 9th through Oct 11th, and then Oct 11th to 14th, then Oct 14th through Oct 17th, then Oct 17th through Oct 18th, then finally Oct 18th - Oct 20th. Will I have to log on at the 60 mark for all of these reservations or could I book FP at the first 60 day mark? Most of my stays are through DVC points but two are regular room only reservations. Thanks in advance for the help.
Since all stays are on property, you’ll be able to book everything at the 60 day mark from your first reservation.

Since all stays are on property, you’ll be able to book everything at the 60 day mark from your first reservation.

Thank you. Now the middle part of my trip Oct 11th to Oct 14th we might end up canceling if we do what would this do to our FP that our booked after even if we keep those days hotels since they are DVC stays?

Thank you. Now the middle part of my trip Oct 11th to Oct 14th we might end up canceling if we do what would this do to our FP that our booked after even if we keep those days hotels since they are DVC stays?
You’ll keep all your booked FPs but do delete the ones you won’t need.

I'm assuming the calendar opens up at the 60 day mark, since right now when I look I can only see 30 days out? Does that change? Also, is there a number I can call if I have problems that day?

I'm assuming the calendar opens up at the 60 day mark, since right now when I look I can only see 30 days out? Does that change? Also, is there a number I can call if I have problems that day?
Correct. You can call tech support for any account issues at ‭(407) 939-4357‬. If the website is down, you can call the regular guest services line to book over the phone.

I have a room only split stay at Poly/BC booked and just passed into my 60 day window. All FP are made. I have always dreamed of staying at these resorts with my kids and bit the bullet on price with no promos. But I have been scanning the DVC confirmed reservations available through resellers and one perfect for our dates at BC just got posted! I would like to cancel both of our room only reservations, book this DVC studio villa for the entire trip and save literally a thousand dollars! $$$ But I am terrified I will lose all these perfectly crafted FP reservations! Help! Our tickets were hard ticket 8 day passes from undercover Tourist that I linked into my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter