• Autopia $9.50
  • Big Thunder Mountain $14
  • Buzz Lightyear $18
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure $14
  • Space Mountain $11
  • Star Tours $9.50
  • Peter Pan’s Flight $18
  • Tower of Terror $18
“Premier Access will officially debut at Disneyland Paris on August 5th.

Guest still have the option to use Standby Pass while visiting Disneyland Paris.

Standby Pass allows guests to spend part of their wait time for select attractions outside of the physical queue line, although it does not provide immediate access to an attraction. This service can be activated during certain periods of the day, subject to availability and dependent on day-to-day needs in the parks. When activated, guests can use the Disneyland Paris App to book a time slot to enter the physical queue line of an attraction and return to stand in the queue at that time.”

If something like this came to WDW it might not be horrible. There’s still the free virtual queue opportunities.

So there’s still a free option to skip the line?

Pricing revealed for Paid Fast Pass Service now available at Disneyland Paris
  • Autopia $9.50
  • Big Thunder Mountain $14
  • Buzz Lightyear $18
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure $14
  • Space Mountain $11
  • Star Tours $9.50
  • Peter Pan’s Flight $18
  • Tower of Terror $18
tenor.gif

You must really know how to visit the parks! My experience over the past 5ish years has been much less "magical" than it was in the 90's and early 21st century. What I've witnessed has been increased crowds, prices that exceed the rate of inflation by more than double, mediocre dining options, and a reduced commitment to maintenance. I am clearly doing something wrong.

I get what your saying. But I can't really imagine getting rid of Pandora, Star Wars GE, and Toy Story Land.

And D Springs has vastly improved dinging options.

Coupled with Tron, Rat and Guardians Coaster soon (as well as the EPCOT Fireworks and MK) it's going to get even more Magical for us.

I’m not too familiar with DL Paris but looks that way. Their Standby Pass is a free virtual queue type option. It doesn’t have the advanced reservation system like FP but I might not feel bad giving up that part if the system was a better experience overall.

This service can be activated during certain periods of the day, subject to availability and dependent on day-to-day needs in the parks.

Sounds like it will be made available for use when and if Disney decides to offer it on a day-to-day basis.

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I feel like if they introduce paid fast pass I want it to be expensive enough most people (including myself) don’t use it. To me, reasonable pricing is worse then exorbant pricing because if it’s reasonable it becomes a micro transaction where we all take on an added cost to simply be where we would be without new system.

My order of preference would be for fast pass to come back as it was #1 but if they are intent on charging I’m hoping it’s not priced to where everyone uses it because that would make standby lines awful (I don’t trust Disney to self limit the amount to prioritize guest satisfaction against short term profit)

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I feel like if they introduce paid fast pass I want it to be expensive enough most people (including myself) don’t use it. To me, reasonable pricing is worse then exorbant pricing because if it’s reasonable it becomes a micro transaction where we all take on an added cost to simply be where we would be without new system.

My order of preference would be for fast pass to come back as it was #1 but if they are intent on charging I’m hoping it’s not priced to where everyone uses it because that would make standby lines awful (I don’t trust Disney to self limit the amount to prioritize guest satisfaction against short term profit)

I tend to agree - super expensive might be the best (likely) option

So Standby Pass in Paris is just the making of a reservation for a return time to stand in line? You can no longer just walk up to a line when you choose and wait if you are willing to? It's like the worst of FP+ and standby lines combined. You have to reserve a time (the FP+ part) and you have to come back to still wait in line (the standby part).

So Standby Pass in Paris is just the making of a reservation for a return time to stand in line? You can no longer just walk up to a line when you choose and wait if you are willing to?

I think you can literally just stand there and wait for your return time, just not sure why anyone would do that.

So Standby Pass in Paris is just the making of a reservation for a return time to stand in line? You can no longer just walk up to a line when you choose and wait if you are willing to? It's like the worst of FP+ and standby lines combined. You have to reserve a time (the FP+ part) and you have to come back to still wait in line (the standby part).
No, if Standby is active for the day, there is no normal queue.
But it is now still tested at 1 ride. Maybe there will be changes.

I think you can literally just stand there and wait for your return time, just not sure why anyone would do that.
Yes, you can wait wherever you want. and what we saw during testing is that people returned 5-15 minutes before the return window opened, and the area got congested.

No, if Standby is active for the day, there is no normal queue.
But it is now still tested at 1 ride. Maybe there will be changes.
That's what I was asking about - no normal queue if standby is active. Ughh - you have to schedule your time to go wait in line. There would be no spontaneously walking by a ride and saying "yes - let's go on this ride now." I hope that does not come to WDW.

That's what I was asking about - no normal queue if standby is active. Ughh - you have to schedule your time to go wait in line. There would be no spontaneously walking by a ride and saying "yes - let's go on this ride now." I hope that does not come to WDW.

I think its only "active" when the standby queue gets to a certain point. So at like 75 mins, you get a standby pass that has you come back at a different time to get in line. Kind of like the old paper FP. So instead of waiting the 75 mins there, you come back in an hour and wait like 30 mins. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time :)

I wouldn’t mind something like MaxPass. Tying it to ticket length would steer it toward being cost prohibitive and it wouldn’t feel necessary because there’s still opportunity to skip lines for free.

I think its only "active" when the standby queue gets to a certain point. So at like 75 mins, you get a standby pass that has you come back at a different time to get in line. Kind of like the old paper FP. So instead of waiting the 75 mins there, you come back in an hour and wait like 30 mins. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time :)
Not sure about that to be honest. I think they decide on the day if they will activate it. Don't think it will be half way during the day.

Ok - got it. That would make sense. It might work like a stand-by "overflow" virtual line if there is already a really long wait.

Not sure about that to be honest. I think they decide on the day if they will activate it. Don't think it will be half way during the day.
I hope someone reports about this in case WDW or DL decides to implement it.

Apart from Buzz Lightyear being among the more expensive Premier Access options at DLP, I really fail to understand the shock at the pricing. We’ve seen told since early July that pricing would range from 8 to 15 euro per pass…..and now today as people are seeing the prices it’s like they’re going “OMG! You mean they really meant 8-15 euro?!?!” Um…yes….this has been the expected (and announced) price range all along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter