Fastpass return or replacement?

So as part of the DL Magic Key announcement, Disney confirmed that WDW Annual Passes will resume being sold in time for the 50th anniversary.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

When Remy was posting (and his info seemed quite reliable), he explained that the new FastPass/replacement system wasn’t integrating properly with other systems. One of the uncooperative systems was Annual Passes and HD explained that sales of new passes wouldn’t be likely to resume until the new FastPass/replacement system was integrating well with everything.

Given this public confirmation that WDW APs will be on sale again “in time for” Oct 1st 50th anniversary and more details will come later this month, could this also mean we’ll finally get details on “new FastPass”? Whatever it may be lol

So as part of the DL Magic Key announcement, Disney confirmed that WDW Annual Passes will resume being sold in time for the 50th anniversary.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

When Remy was posting (and his info seemed quite reliable), he explained that the new FastPass/replacement system wasn’t integrating properly with other systems. One of the uncooperative systems was Annual Passes and HD explained that sales of new passes wouldn’t be likely to resume until the new FastPass/replacement system was integrating well with everything.

Given this public confirmation that WDW APs will be on sale again “in time for” Oct 1st 50th anniversary and more details will come later this month, could this also mean we’ll finally get details on “new FastPass”? Whatever it may be lol
I think you are on the right track!

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Pricing revealed for Paid Fast Pass Service now available at Disneyland Paris
  • Autopia $9.50
  • Big Thunder Mountain $14
  • Buzz Lightyear $18
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure $14
  • Space Mountain $11
  • Star Tours $9.50
  • Peter Pan’s Flight $18
  • Tower of Terror $18
“Premier Access will officially debut at Disneyland Paris on August 5th.

Guest still have the option to use Standby Pass while visiting Disneyland Paris.

Standby Pass allows guests to spend part of their wait time for select attractions outside of the physical queue line, although it does not provide immediate access to an attraction. This service can be activated during certain periods of the day, subject to availability and dependent on day-to-day needs in the parks. When activated, guests can use the Disneyland Paris App to book a time slot to enter the physical queue line of an attraction and return to stand in the queue at that time.”

If something like this came to WDW it might not be horrible. There’s still the free virtual queue opportunities.

Does that pricing get you unlimited fastpasses for the ride, or is that just to go once?

I like your thinking!!!!!

I think you are on the right track!
I like your thinking!!!!!

Here’s hoping! It is starting to feel like they are edging closer to an announcement of some kind related to WDW. And saying they will be resuming sales also gives me hope that the Passholder program at WDW isn’t facing the same kind of overhaul as DL. Honestly, I think there are many reasons why WDW’s program WON’T look like Magic Key.

The exact quote from the Magic Key post is:

And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog.”

Emphasis added by me. It says “new pass sales” rather than “new passholder program” which leads me to believe the new passes will emulate the 2019 offerings. It’s possible Platinum Plus will no longer be available as from what I’ve heard none of the APs that have been given the opportunity to purchase new passes have been able to secure Platinum Plus. But I know first hand that I have 3 Platinum vouchers in MDE for my family.

Now the big question will be what does domestic FastPass look like? There wasn’t anything about FastPass or MaxPass in the Magic Key announcement. I’m still crossing my fingers that once they post about WDW AP sales resuming, they’ll give an update on what FastPass will look like for both US properties.

I've been thinking we would get some kind of FP information soon, just based off of the fact that we have to, right?

I mean something will be in place by Oct 1. And They aren't going to release details on Oct.1.

Not sure what they are waiting on. I have to think they know what the new system will be. I guess just awaiting the right moment?

I'm gonna go with Sept 1. That is based on nothing at all but my own musings....

I've been thinking we would get some kind of FP information soon, just based off of the fact that we have to, right?

I mean something will be in place by Oct 1. And They aren't going to release details on Oct.1.

Not sure what they are waiting on. I have to think they know what the new system will be. I guess just awaiting the right moment?

I'm gonna go with Sept 1. That is based on nothing at all but my own musings....
I really do think part of what they were waiting on was the Magic Key announcement and the resumption of AP sales at WDW (which we now know is coming soon).

The new system (whatever it is) has to work for day guests, Resort guests, annual passholders. If they are adopting the same system on both coasts then it has to work with all the WDW AP tiers and now the DL Magic Key tiers.

I really do think part of what they were waiting on was the Magic Key announcement and the resumption of AP sales at WDW (which we now know is coming soon).

The new system (whatever it is) has to work for day guests, Resort guests, annual passholders. If they are adopting the same system on both coasts then it has to work with all the WDW AP tiers and now the DL Magic Key tiers.

Do we think they are going to roll out the same FP system at both resorts?

No because WDW has way more onsite guests and out of state APs are a good number of those. They can't limit someone who is booking a stay onsite from out of state for 2 weeks be limited to 6 park reservations. That's bad business

Speculation on my part. But it wouldn’t surprise me. Moving DL’s passholder program to Magic Key and having tiers like that is very similar to WDW’s existing passholder program. I suspect we’ll see WDW at least add the park reservation constraints (Silver can reserve fewer days than Gold, Platinum etc…).

They could easily continue to be entirely different at DL and WDW. I just find it interesting that they mentioned WDW pass sales resuming in the Magic Key announcement. Typically they keep DL and WDW news separate. So it made me think that the new FP system could be a consistent approach at all US parks.

No because WDW has way more onsite guests and out of state APs are a good number of those. They can't limit someone who is booking a stay onsite from out of state for 2 weeks be limited to 6 park reservations. That's bad business
Currently, WDW passholders can only reserve 3 days at a time. That day limit is lifted when you hold a WDW resort reservation. I have resort reservations for Dec 2021, Feb 2022, May 2022 and Nov 2022. I currently have more than 40 park pass reservations even though as a passholder I should only be able to hold 3.

So yes, they absolutely can put those limits in place. But staying onsite gives you the ability to supersede those AP requirements and benefit from resort guest status in terms of number of days you can book park passes for.

Currently, WDW passholders can only reserve 3 days at a time. That day limit is lifted when you hold a WDW resort reservation. I have resort reservations for Dec 2021, Feb 2022, May 2022 and Nov 2022. I currently have more than 40 park pass reservations even though as a passholder I should only be able to hold 3.

So yes, they absolutely can put those limits in place. But staying onsite gives you the ability to supersede those AP requirements and benefit from resort guest status in terms of number of days you can book park passes for.
I specifically stated when staying on site. As you so kindly restated this is currently not the case for AP holders when they are staying onsite.

Ps kindness is free

I specifically stated when staying on site. As you so kindly restated this is currently not the case for AP holders when they are staying onsite.

Ps kindness is free
There wasn’t anything unkind in my post. And what I was saying is that they absolutely could tier WDW’s passes to be like Magic Key. Silver can only book 2 days. Gold 3. Platinum 4 etc. But staying onsite removes those limitations. I would bet any Magic Key holder would find their park reservation limits lifted if they were staying at a DL resort for 2, 3, 4 nights etc.

I’m hoping this is the case with DL Magic Key. We have 20 days booked at WDW with our APs since we’re staying on site.

So - I am not sure why, but the previous Fastpass thread got shutdown. Let’s try to keep this one on topic to avoid the same fate for this thread.

I have an upcoming trip in mid-august and I am dreading this trip without some sort of FP. We reviewed our trip itinerary this evening during dinner and I could tell everyone in our family was anxious about this trip. I had to have my three kids choose their highest priority rides at each park and we discussed how we would do those at rope drop, but that we would not be able to everything we normally do. This was certainly disappointing given this is our first trip in over 1.5 years (we usually go to WDW 2 or 3 times per year).

Of course my children asked, “Why did Disney take away FP?”. We had a discussion about profits and supply & demand. The best response was from my 9-y/o who said “why don’t they just raise the ticket prices and keep FP the way it was if they want more money?” Honestly, I didn’t have a good answer.

Is there any hope that we will hear something about FP this week? At this point I think it’s unlikely but I’m holding out hope.

Let’s keep the return of FP discussion going!
Love your economically literate 9 year old :)

I’m hoping this is the case with DL Magic Key. We have 20 days booked at WDW with our APs since we’re staying on site.
I’d be surprised if it isn’t the case. Having guests stay onsite gives them a bigger share of wallet for those days (accommodations, likely more food and beverage, possibly more merch)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter