Favorite celebrity chef/food personality?

I always watch Ree and Trisha. I also like Ina and Damaris.

From PBS, I do enjoy Julia and Bridget.

Alice Waters. I don't know if there's anyone more influential in the way that food is thought about in the United States.

Jeremiah Tower would disagree...

She did give him his start in the restaurant industry. I'd still say more influential, not necessarily in invention, but in spreading the word. I don't necessarily agree with every position that she takes - especially regarding organic ingredients. However, I believe she's probably the most influential when it comes to caring about the quality and freshness of ingredients, and the recognition of suppliers.

So many..for recipes that I can recreate and taste great, I go with Pioneer Woman and Ina Garten (although Ina can seem a little out of touch with what average or even above average people can afford)

I like to watch Alton Brown because I like the science aspect, but some of his recipes are just A LOT of work for something okay. Some recipes are great. Cooking a steak indoors with his method...delicious. Devil's food cake...meh...I even ordered cocoa on the internet. My good old standby recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa container is better.

Rachel Ray annoys me, has always annoyed me, and her recipes are not the best.
I used to like Emeril a lot years and years ago, but his recipes again aren't the best.

I loved to watch Graham Kerr, Ming Tsai, America's Test Kitchen (Kimball), and a few others

Anthony Bourdain I can take or leave. Sometimes I find his sarcasm funny, but sometimes he seems angry, mean, and elitist. When I say elitist for him, it isn't just about money...it's like a war on anything popular or mainstream. Sometimes I don't want to eat food that is exotic or ironic or outside of the box...sometimes I want to eat a package of Top Ramen and maybe not apologize. (I know he produced the show with David Chang where Chang admits to eating a ramen packet without even cooking it, but it is okay for David Chang to admit because he is a famous ramen chef, it I say it, I would be just a lazy, fat American committing a crime against humanity)

Martha Stewart...again, just elitist. The average American (even upper middle class) doesn't have the time and money to have that level of perfection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter