Favorite Movie Musical

"Grease" is my all-time favorite. I also love "Dirty Dancing," "Gigi," and "The Unsinkable Molly Brown."

WEST SIDE STORY
SINGIN IN THE RAIN
GREASE
WILLY WONKA
WIZARD OF OZ
MUSIC MAN(OLD AND NEW)
THE KING AND I
just to name a few....... still waiting to go see CHICAGO
thats my pick for oscar night...(love musicals) i wish hollywood would make more of them.

I just saw Chicago this weekend and love it. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack.

I'll add Victor/Victoria and Fiddler on the Roof to the list.

I've always loved Willy Wonka, Mary Poppins and the Wizard of Oz since I was a kid.

Grease
JC Superstar
Rocky Horror
Brigadoon
Sound of Music
Wizard of Oz

.....to name a few!!!:smooth: :bounce:

I LOVE musicals. Off the top of my head I would have to say...

Man of LaMancha
Westside Story
Guys and Dolls
Damn Yankees

just to start. :teeth:

My all time favorite movie is a musical! Singing in the Rain hands down!!! Think I may have to pop it in tonight.

Of course I also love the Sound of Music, Grease, The King and I, Camelot (I would love to have the original Broadway cast, which includes Julie Andrews, on CD. I have it on record but no longer have a record player. :( ) Of the modern musicals I like Moulin Rouge the best, although I haven't seen Chicago yet.

My absolute fave is Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat with my dream man, Donny Osmond. Grease, The Sound of Music, and Annie are all a close second.

All time favorite is the Sound of Music. Also:
The King and I
Oklahoma
Fiddler on the Roof
Annie
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
The Music Man
Grease
My Fair Lady
Mamma Mia

Ok, it's just about every musical that I've seen!

Sweet Charity
Once More With Feeling(aka Buffy the Musical and I know it's tv but still cool)

I love musicals but my favorites are The Sound of Music, The King and I & Fiddler on the Roof. That is until they make good movie versions of Jekyl and Hyde & The Lion King. :)

I love all ten Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies, The Music Man, High Society, The Sound of Music, Calamity Jane, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Kiss Me Kate, The King and I, Guys and Dolls, Bells Are Ringing, Oklahoma, Carousel, Brigadoon, New Moon, Naughty Marietta, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Bye Bye Birdie, Show Boat...Maybe it would be easier if I listed the movie musicals that I didn't like. :D

I hope its ok for me to post here, I sure dont have as many posts as you all, but I love musicals so:

#1 Favorite of all time is Meet Me In St Louis (cant believe only one other person listed it :) My 11 and 4 yr old girls love it too and do the cake walk too. LOL

The King and I Took my oldest DD to theatre to see it for her 9th Birthday and it was wonderful.

Then it gets crazy, Anything with Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Judy Garland, anything older, ie. Singing in the Rain, South Pacific, yes OOOOOO Kla HOma!:0 Too many others to list .:0

I like good old fashioned musicals. My favorites are:

Singing in the Rain
Take Me Out To The Ball Game
On the Town
Anchors Aweigh

What can I say - I'm a big Gene Kelly fan.

I also adore White Christmas.

would be Mame
Then Funny Girl
Meet Me In St Louis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter