Favorite souvenir?

I always get an ornament with the year we visit on it. I do this no matter where we visit, Disney, Vegas, Island, etc. My Christmas tree has memories of all the places we have visited over the past 12 years or so (I wish I had started doing it a long time ago).

My fav is the Savi's Light Saber from DHS and my fav resort souvenir are my UP pins that I always seem to find at the Pop Century.

My favorite souvenirs are the memories.

You'll forget 90% of the stuff you bought. Most of it will be sent off to Goodwill or the landfill in years to come but you will never forget the memories you made.

I know some folks think memory maker is not worth the cost but we always use it as much as we can so that we have a ton of pictures of our stay but the thing I love about it most is when it catches an unproved genuine reaction on a ride or when we do silly faces because we know the camera is coming up.

The first time we took our older two kids I got a Precious Moments figure with of a boy and girl w/ Mickey Ears and mickey shaped ice cream, so cute! And then when we took our youngest for the first time, I found another Precious Moment, he was dressed like sorcerer mickey. Those are my favorites.

I started getting magnets from travel locations probably 10 years ago and in 2017 when we started taking more regular family vacations, I started getting ornaments.

We got home a couple weeks and I got one for the family tree. I also bought a couple others for our Disney tree.

Magnets. Each visit I grab one of the resort we stay at, any new/favorite rides, and any others I like. Lately, I feel like there are less and less magnets so I have started switching over to pins.

A semi-built-in souvenir are the MagicBands. I always get a design that has the year or any current celebrations/festivals on it. Then I display all my MagicBands on a shelf.

I always used to buy a sterling silver charm (not Pandora) each trip (and trips elsewhere). I was really sad when they stopped selling them. $20-$30 was a LOT easier to take than $75+ for a Pandora charm, and I liked them more.

Now I might pick up a special pin for an occasion or new ride or something. Not really a pin collector, just like them for special memories. Small to store, easy to display.

I always used to buy a sterling silver charm (not Pandora) each trip (and trips elsewhere). I was really sad when they stopped selling them. $20-$30 was a LOT easier to take than $75+ for a Pandora charm, and I liked them more.

Now I might pick up a special pin for an occasion or new ride or something. Not really a pin collector, just like them for special memories. Small to store, easy to display.
How do you display them?

I always try to find a souvenir that reminds me of something specific from that trip. On our last visit, we had a savannah view room at AKL and had some pretty magical times watching the giraffes and zebras (among other animals). I bought a small hand carved giraffe and zebra from the AKL gift shop and they now sit in my room where I see them every day. And every day they make me smile.

My favorite souvenir is a crystal unicorn with gold on the wings and features. It was hand blown in the glass shop on Main Street in the l970's. It had a very small crack in the base which looked like it belonged, and I got it for a song! I really can't remember what I paid but it was ridiculously discounted at the time. Each year after I always get a hand blown figurine from that glass shop on Main. But the first one will always be my favorite.

I've displayed pins in different ways... on a cork board, on long ribbons, in shadow boxes, pinned on a shirt... I can put them up, take them down, keep them in a drawer... just depends on my mood. ;)

A clock. I put it near my desk. I look at it all the time.

Also a silicone hot pad. I use it all the time. I put dishes on it when I take them out of the microwave.

We are also a magnet family. A few years ago we really wanted to get a Mission Space magnet and they didn’t have one- a CM gave us a tip that we could buy a pin, remove the back and turn it into a magnet. Since then we have gotten pins/flat ornaments/etc at places that (foolishly) don’t sell magnets and turned them into magnets. Our bonkers fridge is like a messy scrapbook full of memories we see every day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter