Favorite souvenir?

Many years ago, you were able to buy "silly straws" in the shape of Mickey for 50 cents, which is probably about 80 cents now. I bought fistfuls of them to give to people at work. I still have one! Unfortunately, as with all silly straws, they're nearly impossible to clean & not really efficient for drinking. They were cute, though.

I haven't been on too many Disney trips but I like to get an ornament to display on my trip shelf along with some other souvenir that I feel defines the trip (can be anything like a hat, toy, etc.). If we're talking just Disney, I like to get an ornament, ears, a pin, and a magicband.

Post Cards… I have DL and WDW collection.
Remember when they would put them in resort drawer for each resort?
Is a fantastic historical collection and someday I will no longer be able to walk down Main Street but I will be able to visit with my postcard collection.
I wish Memory Maker Sold A design that printed to look like a postcard .
And really wish they sold postcards with each character w/ autograph on front …and the characters in their holiday costumes .
And the entire photo post card collection of Mickey& Minnie’s Outfits for every occasion .

Disney Tin containers.
I use the candy/treat inside then use them to hold specialty teas.
Each year it is getting harder and harder to find the tin ones.
(They travel well and are quite durable).
Hugs Mel

Right now my favorite souvenir doesn't even say "Walt Disney World" on it. It's a pretty tea cup I bought at the Twinings store in Epcot, with little cats all over it. Yes, I love cats and I drink tea every afternoon.

We love to get the pearls in Epcot for our girls. I'm not sure yet what we will do with them when we are done collecting, but I just love the experience and the pearl.

We also love to pick a magnet each trip.

We have sooooo many mugs too!

I had a whole set of the glass mugs from Liberty Tree Tavern, but the design eventually wore off in the wash, and most of them got broken in my last move.

Park--the light box of the Partners statue with Castle in the background and fireworks above that cycle through a range of colors.

Resort--the Grand Floridian Mary Poppins mug that has her parrot-headed umbrella handle as the mug's handle. My late DMIL loved Mary Poppins. I think of her fondly every time I use the mug.

Super inconvenient at the moment but we have bought our daughters adult sweatshirts each trip. We take a picture of them in it the day we buy it and now I’m storing them in a tote for when they’re bigger. I think it will be cool for them to have “brand new” sweatshirts that are from when they were little.

Last edited:
Super inconvenient at the moment but we have bought our daughters adult sweatshirts every trip. We take a picture of them in it the day we buy it and now I’m storing them in a tote for when they’re bigger. I think it will be cool for them to have “brand new” sweatshirts that are from when they were little.
I love this idea! We are ramping up to my daughter's first trip this fall and I think I might steal this idea... Maybe not for EVERY trip but definitely for the first! So clever!

I'm not big on souvenirs, particularly in Disney. That said, my favorite Disney souvenirs are always the ones I get as "traditions." I buy a new set of ears each trip, because then each set reminds me of the trip I bought them. I buy a Christmas ornament every trip (I do this everywhere we travel, not just Disney), and I do love my mugs, because I use them often and they're practical. I'm in the process of collecting a mug from every Disney resort we've stayed at.

I have several: a totem pole statue about 10 inches tall from Wilderness Lodge; a purse from Epcot with Mickey flags all over it (peoples always comment in it and Im very quick to tell them it was only $29.99!) and my newest obession: Tervis Tumblers. I have a christmas one, a food and wine and another one. They are great!

My absolute favorite was a wooden serving tray from the store in France. It has a rooster painted in it and it says good soup in French.

Also, anything from Mitsukoshi!

Photographs to help me walk down memory lane when I am too old to go anymore. I also but a sweatshirt if I can find one i really like and I like things to use in the kitchen. I absolutely HATE cooking and have to spend WAY TOO MUCH of my life doing something I despise so if I can bring a little Disney into my day I do.

Right now my favorite souvenir doesn't even say "Walt Disney World" on it. It's a pretty tea cup I bought at the Twinings store in Epcot, with little cats all over it. Yes, I love cats and I drink tea every afternoon.

Oops! DH just read this and he said "It isn't your ring?" It is-I just forgot. Years ago, for our 25th anniversary, DH got me my very late engagement ring at a pick-a-pearl stand by YC/BC. He picked the pearl, I picked the setting, and the next day he presented me with the ring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter