Favorite things to do without kids

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I'm headed to the parks this weekend with my best girlfriend and leaving my son home with daddy. Trying to come up with a list of things I never do when I'm with my 3 year old. Some of of my ideas so far (in no particular order):

Cove Bar for a drink and/or food (I've never been and I'd like to see it at least once before it goes away forever)

Carthay Circle for a drink and/or food (I've been here once for dinner and loved it but my friend has never been. Maybe the bar/lounge?)

Indiana Jones (of my favorites and I rarely get to ride it)

Browse the shops on Main Street and Buena Vista Street (my kid never has the patience)

Anything else I should consider? We are going one day only (Sunday).

I would suggest a meal at Carnation Cafe, (or any table service) and enjoy a HOT MEAL. I know all moms will nod reading this, having kids, moms end up eating meals that are meant to be eaten hot, end up being eaten cold or luke warm, and those meals meant to be eaten cold, end up being eaten room temperature. Savor that moment. Enjoy a sundae at Clarabelle's served in Mickey's kitchen sink. Ride your favorite rides over and over.

Are you two a fan of thrill rides? Maybe you can do those (RS, SM, BTMRR, Matterhorn, etc) since those have stricter height requirements and are harder to do with a toddler.

The Carthay Circle bar/lounge is one of our favorites.

Thrill rides and drinks are the kid-free perks IMO. Maybe the Frozen show (my daughter loves it but I know not all kids like sitting that long). Animation Academy...

I would suggest a meal at Carnation Cafe, (or any table service) and enjoy a HOT MEAL. I know all moms will nod reading this, having kids, moms end up eating meals that are meant to be eaten hot, end up being eaten cold or luke warm, and those meals meant to be eaten cold, end up being eaten room temperature. Savor that moment. Enjoy a sundae at Clarabelle's served in Mickey's kitchen sink. Ride your favorite rides over and over.

Oh yesssssssss!!!! Sitting down with no distractions and eating a hot meal sounds amazing!

Are you two a fan of thrill rides? Maybe you can do those (RS, SM, BTMRR, Matterhorn, etc) since those have stricter height requirements and are harder to do with a toddler.

We are but I'm not sure how many we will be able to get fast passes for. I know last Sunday the parks were pretty nuts and we might not arrive until afternoon.

The Carthay Circle bar/lounge is one of our favorites.

Thrill rides and drinks are the kid-free perks IMO. Maybe the Frozen show (my daughter loves it but I know not all kids like sitting that long). Animation Academy...

Great suggestions! I've never seen the Frozen show (my son couldn't sit through that long a show). I've also never seen Frozen the movie (gasp!). Can adults do the drawing at Animation Academy or is it mainly for kids?

I love Trader Sam's! I took my son but I think it would be more relaxing with adults only!
We had a blast on our January trip, though our kids are older it was so fun just to have some adult time. It was one of our best experiences at Disney, all the interactions at the bar, the drinks and the Disney Imagineering was fun to learn about.

Though it was at WDW I think DL does flag retreat too, if so stop for that.

5 Got Rhythm is scheduled to be playing in the afternoon in the Paradise Pier area. It might be fun to grab a snack or a flight at one of the Food & Wine booths and watch a set. They're a really fun band!

Cove Bar for a drink and/or food (I've never been and I'd like to see it at least once before it goes away forever)
I thought it was already closed. Is it still open?

Anything else I should consider? We are going one day only (Sunday).
Guardians, if you normally don't go on it. Take some time to meander through the gift shops. Hit all the rides that you never get to go on.

sit down on a Main Street bench and earn money with the trivia question...."How do the horses leave Main Street?

....nap time on the train, find a comfortable corner and go round and round and round

ride snow white three times in a row, and view that beautiful kitchen and clock display.

Wife and I are going in May without the kids. Here are the things we plan on doing:

Carthay Circle
Wine Country Trattoria
Trader Sams
Animation Academy
Great Moments with Abe
Ride Main St vehicles
Space Mt many times
Actually standing in line for Peter Pan
Canoes
Street acts
Downtown Disney
Window shop

Adults can draw at Animation Academy. Sometimes when we do it, there are mostly adults drawing! It is so relaxing for me.

Love Animation Academy (except then having to carry the drawings around after- if you want to keep them). I'd actually argue its more geared toward adults/teens. They move pretty quickly (given the time) and I've seen many kids get frustrated both with trying to keep up and with the product not coming out how they expect/want (ie- doesn't look as professional as the, well, professional one).

Carthay Circle 1st, Cove Bar 2nd and Trader Sams to finish it out. If your not driving, do all three in one afternoon and get a stiff drink at each one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter