Feb. 2022 Discounts

I’m hoping so too! Watching this thread in hopeful anticipation

We ended up renting DVC points at SSR. It was only about 100 more than CSR. Glad we got it booked. Prices are out of control
Yeah? Good for you! We booked with All-Star Movies but have hopes for Port Orleans resorts to open by February.
Right?! The prices are absolutely crazy right now ... I'm just in shock. We are going to Universal before the Disney portion and we were able to get the Royal Pacific for less per night than the prices for Disney Moderates. It's insane.

Yeah? Good for you! We booked with All-Star Movies but have hopes for Port Orleans resorts to open by February.
Right?! The prices are absolutely crazy right now ... I'm just in shock. We are going to Universal before the Disney portion and we were able to get the Royal Pacific for less per night than the prices for Disney Moderates. It's insane.
Wow, that is insane! I am curious what you think of ASMovies. I have always wanted to stay there. DH wanted the proximity to DS and, if you can believe it, he is not a park person so DD and I go to the parks and he likes to hang at the pool.

Also, to clarify, the 100 more for SSR vs. moderate was for all 7 nights-not 100 more per night, so much better deal.

Wow, that is insane! I am curious what you think of ASMovies. I have always wanted to stay there. DH wanted the proximity to DS and, if you can believe it, he is not a park person so DD and I go to the parks and he likes to hang at the pool.
Port Orleans (either resort) are my favorite, particularly the Royal Rooms. HOWEVER, when we are being budget conscious or, in this case, lack of availability, I very much enjoy ASMo because of the theming (I like being reminded I'm staying at Disney) and with the remodel, we love having a singular bed without "wasting" a second bed. Not sure how familiar with the remodels you are but there is a normal queen bed in the room and the second queen bed is now a murphy queen that folds down from a table. So for us, we get a table since we don't need the second bed :)
The theming in the room is modern and artistic to me and the amenities are nice. I prefer the second sink in moderates+ BUT this will work. The pool, unfortunately, isn't amazing but it is still nice for a dip.
If your husband needs more like, waterslide or anything, ASMo wouldn't be a great go-to (or any of the values).
Food wise, pre-covid, it has decent food to eat, not ALL just burgers and hot dogs. I think AoA had a better variety but ASMo is still good enough for us to stay multiple times :)
There is more children about and I've noticed the type of people that stay at the values are a bit different from those in moderates+. I think they don't control their children as much comparatively and seem a bit more demanding with CMs.

Hmmm. I think that's all I can think of. If there is another aspect you want to know about, go ahead and PM me and I'll answer!

Port Orleans (either resort) are my favorite, particularly the Royal Rooms. HOWEVER, when we are being budget conscious or, in this case, lack of availability, I very much enjoy ASMo because of the theming (I like being reminded I'm staying at Disney) and with the remodel, we love having a singular bed without "wasting" a second bed. Not sure how familiar with the remodels you are but there is a normal queen bed in the room and the second queen bed is now a murphy queen that folds down from a table. So for us, we get a table since we don't need the second bed :)
The theming in the room is modern and artistic to me and the amenities are nice. I prefer the second sink in moderates+ BUT this will work. The pool, unfortunately, isn't amazing but it is still nice for a dip.
If your husband needs more like, waterslide or anything, ASMo wouldn't be a great go-to (or any of the values).
Food wise, pre-covid, it has decent food to eat, not ALL just burgers and hot dogs. I think AoA had a better variety but ASMo is still good enough for us to stay multiple times :)
There is more children about and I've noticed the type of people that stay at the values are a bit different from those in moderates+. I think they don't control their children as much comparatively and seem a bit more demanding with CMs.

Hmmm. I think that's all I can think of. If there is another aspect you want to know about, go ahead and PM me and I'll answer!
That is all very helpful, yes. I think my husband likes a relaxing, more adult pool environment and the pool bar at SSR's Paddock is one of his favorites..and he likes the hot tub, which I know values don't have. I have seen the newly renovated rooms at ASMo and they are appealing.

I'm hoping we see some discount announcements in the upcoming month or October. We're trying to book for sometime between late December and mid February. There are other factors preventing us from nailing down dates but would like to see what kind of discounts could be available.

I'm waiting to see if any discounts will come out as well. The prices are crazy! Otherwise we'll book offsite. We of course would prefer to stay onsite, but there is no way in heck I'm paying those prices.

We're here sitting on pins and needles waiting for Disney to announce the extension of their military discount (DL was announced awhile ago and that's a first!) but if it doesn't pan out, I'm thinking Disney Visa cardholder discount could happen.

I'm hoping for something that includes the first week of February. But I also know there are dance competitions that week as well so I don't know. I can change to the next week if I have to but because we airfare is cheaper for the first week I hope I don't have to. I am watching for room discounts for the public as well as the Disney Visa discounts. I'll take whatever I can get and even ran the numbers for past discounts. I can upgrade to AKL from POFQ for almost the same price if the discounts are the same as the historic ones as long as that resort is included. I could also stay at POFQ if it's included and just choose to save some money. But the perks of extra park hours with the deluxe would be nice. Just have to wait and see what discounts are available to be able to decide what to do.

New AP rates are out for Jan 2 - March 10! Up to 25% off most nights.
Can you share the details of the new AP promo? Unable to view since we are not AP holders, but hoping it gives some hints to a forthcoming general discount.

Can you share the details of the new AP promo? Unable to view since we are not AP holders, but hoping it gives some hints to a forthcoming general discount.

Pasted from MDE:

Start the new year with a fun-filled stay at The Most Magical Place on Earth—and make the most of your Annual Pass during the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary celebration!

Annual Passholders can save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights January 2, 2022 through March 10, 2022.

When you take advantage of this offer, you’ll be surrounded by The World’s Most Magical Celebration, a once-in-a-lifetime event brimming with new magic, EARidescent décor and so much more. And as a Guest of a Disney Resort hotel, you can enjoy early entry to any of the 4 theme parks 30 minutes before opening to experience select attractions (with valid park admission and a park reservation)—giving you even more time to celebrate!

This offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View the chart to explore savings. Learn more about changes at Walt Disney World Resort in the Know Before You Go section below.

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price a non-Passholder pays for the same room. Length of stay requirements may apply. See Important Details.
SavingsResorts

Save Up to 25%

Save Up to 20%

Save Up to 20%

Save Up to 15%

Save Up to 10%

Sorry the table is blank. It’s that way on MDE, hope they fill it in soon.

I believe Value Resorts were 10% off (all the rooms were gone by 6:55 when I saw the discount); moderates looked to be 15% (again, very limited availability); some deluxe not available - and other ranged from 20-25%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter