February 2014

It's so hard trying to figure out just how this ride reservation system is going to work!!!

It's so hard trying to figure out just how this ride reservation system is going to work!!!

Totally agree with you! I just made the best guesses I could on the busiest rides and based it on the little bit of reviews that were out there. Hopefully, it will all work out for the best.

We arrived yesterday, Sunday the ninth. Fantastic weather so far and the fast passes have worked well. We were at MK in the afternoon and evening Sunday it was packed. It said 125 minute wait for Big thunder mountain for standby. Fast pass was 25 minutes or so. Peter Pan stand by was 70 minutes around 3 pm

Today at Epcot it was better.
Stand by for Soarin was around 40 min fast pass was about 15 to 20 min. I forgot to check Test track. Everything else was a walk on or 5 to 10 min posted.

Heading to AK tomorrow.

Take care everyone!

Heading to BC tomorrow!!!!! Fingers crossed to snow hold off until tomorrow night so we can fly out!! Can't wait!

Here now and thought I'd drop some info to those still coming soon. Most valuable FP+ so far was the lights parade at MK- able to sit with plenty of room to watch with our kids then stayed in the same place for light show and wishes. Amazing! Do it, you won't regret it. 2nd most valuable- BOG lunch FP+. We were able to by pass a line that was wrapping all the way around the front of the castle and walk right it- food was SO good!!! Hope this helps some of you! Wishing all of you safe travels!

I am hoping all the bad weather won't delay anyone's plans to get here,

We were at AK today. Most things were a walk on with the exception of The safari and Everest.

We went to Boma and I was really unimpressed. The food was okay but nothing outstanding. I trie zebra domes for the first time and did not like it.

Yet a women and her two daughters in line at the bus stop said it was their favorite of all, so to each his own!

Here now and thought I'd drop some info to those still coming soon. Most valuable FP+ so far was the lights parade at MK- able to sit with plenty of room to watch with our kids then stayed in the same place for light show and wishes. Amazing! Do it, you won't regret it. 2nd most valuable- BOG lunch FP+. We were able to by pass a line that was wrapping all the way around the front of the castle and walk right it- food was SO good!!! Hope this helps some of you! Wishing all of you safe travels!

what did you order? We booked a FP+ and placed our order ahead, wondering what menu items you liked!

I am hoping all the bad weather won't delay anyone's plans to get here,

We were at AK today. Most things were a walk on with the exception of The safari and Everest.

We went to Boma and I was really unimpressed. The food was okay but nothing outstanding. I trie zebra domes for the first time and did not like it.

Yet a women and her two daughters in line at the bus stop said it was their favorite of all, so to each his own!

Did you have FP+ for the safari? If so, how backed up was that? We did it in Nov. with no problems but I've recently read FP+ safari horror stories on these boards (the FP+ line running back into Pangani Trail!)

Thanks for keeping those of us who are coming late in the month updated! :thumbsup2

Our first dinner at Boma (2009) was my favorite. We've been 2 times since and each were less enjoyed. Like you, I'm in the minority where Zebra Domes are concerned; didn't care for it at all. But I've enjoyed their cobbler and cookies so my sweet tooth was satisfied. I continue to love Boma's breakfast buffet and have it booked for our upcoming trip.

We'll be meeting up with one of my sisters and her DH on Sanibel Island prior to our short trip to WDW. They live in the Philadelphia area and had planned to start their drive south tomorrow morning. Now a Nor'easter is bearing down on them! They may have to delay their start by a day. Leaving early wasn't a sensible solution for them because they would just be driving into the storm - probably couldn't get around Atlanta.

what did you order? We booked a FP+ and placed our order ahead, wondering what menu items you liked!
My hubby ordered the turkey sandwich that was made on garlic bread he said it was amazing. I had the ham and cheese melt type sandwich- it had a French name though which I can't currently recall. It was really good! We also had the masters cupcake and the lemon cupcake both really good!

My hubby ordered the turkey sandwich that was made on garlic bread he said it was amazing. I had the ham and cheese melt type sandwich- it had a French name though which I can't currently recall. It was really good! We also had the masters cupcake and the lemon cupcake both really good!

The ham and cheese is called a croque monsieur. It's soooooo tasty. I'll be getting that again in a couple weeks! I can't wait to try the master's cupcake!

thanks to all the disrs at WDW right now and sharing their tips/hints. They are so helpful and reassuring. Hope you are all having a great time and I am looking forward to hearing more about your trips :)

Thursday (2/13) was our Animal Kingdom day. We arrived after 10 am and were able to ride Everest with FP and then again as single riders with minimal wait (10 mins). The FP line for safari was long when we arrived (about noon?) and the standby line was 90 minutes. They ended up ushering us through the FP line without having us scan our bands at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter