February 2014

Just got home and I am so happy to be in my own bed!

I will most likely never get around to writing a detailed trip report, but I did want to give my two cents on FP+.

For the way I tour, the time of year I go, and the people I travel with, FP+ totally worked for me. We rope drop every day, we only go during moderate-low crowds, we don't do EMH and we follow the park recommendations of EasyWDW. Only two of us like thrill rides, and we don't need to do them a million times, because we like to spend more time on rides the whole family enjoys.

Anyway, FP+ works for us. Honestly, we did not even need all of them every day. In Epcot and HS, we could have ridden standby on many of the rides we had FP for and the wait would not have been much longer, if at all. The only time we wished for more FPs was on our first MK day. We had a great morning, waits all under 10 or 20 minutes standby, but when afternoon hit, it was nuts. We had trouble finding lines we were willing to wait in. This was a crowd level of 4 and the 2nd most recommended park by EasyWDW. Our next day, MK was most recommended and had a crowd level of 3, and we had no problem with just 3 FP+.

I do see FP+ being a major issue at peak times, especially in MK if 3 continues to be the limit. But for people who can go in the off season and who tour smart, I actually think it's better than the old system because of its convenience.

My 10 yo is experience serious post disney blues. We were there February 13-18th for a first time visit. Any suggestions to get him over the hump and back to reality? He really just thinks disney is magical and would love to live in that magic always, can't blame him. Help!

Anyway, FP+ works for us. Honestly, we did not even need all of them every day. In Epcot and HS, we could have ridden standby on many of the rides we had FP for and the wait would not have been much longer, if at all. The only time we wished for more FPs was on our first MK day. We had a great morning, waits all under 10 or 20 minutes standby, but when afternoon hit, it was nuts. We had trouble finding lines we were willing to wait in. This was a crowd level of 4 and the 2nd most recommended park by EasyWDW. Our next day, MK was most recommended and had a crowd level of 3, and we had no problem with just 3 FP+.

Glad to be home too! FP+ worked fine for us as well but because crowd levels were relatively low, we really did not need most of them but it did shave off a few minutes wait for us as well so we could see more things.

While I enjoyed fp for BOG, we were disappointed by the entire experience...food was so so and the main room was not as grand as it seemed in movies/videos featuring the making of BOG.

As this was our first trip to WDW, it was difficult to determine how to prioritize/balance our trip. Thankfully, we had a plan and were flexible enough to scrap it or start elsewhere on the plan if my girls wanted to meet a character or ride a certain ride once again (or were just exhausted). I really appreciate all the info from this thread/dis boards as they really helped us to have a great trip.

Good things from the board for me: budgeting for meals, garden grocer, making autograph books, pin trading, touring plans, bog fp, spray/fan bottles, pressed pennies in mini m&m containers, body glide, blister prevention, cups of ice water for free!, extra bag, ponchos!

things i decided to scrap that didn't affect us at all: the extensive packing list...scrapped it and went with packing 4 outfits, laundry soap and 10 dollars worth of quarters.

Wish i would have bought a second set of ponchos for just in case.

As for the let down after vacation, my 14 yr old is in the same boat of having post vacation blues. She has been planning a follow up visit to disney...for us Disneyland is much closer. For my other daughter, we have watched some disney movies, looked a pictures and had one of their favorite dinner/vacation food. It seems to have made it much easier on us all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter