FINALLY, just bought into SSR!

jvincent16

Mouseketeer
Just want to say thanks to everyone that has helped me make my decision. i have asked alot of questions on this board over the last week and u all have been great. never once was i told to "learn how to use the search feature." i know the same questions get asked over and over again but thank you all again for your patience. btw, i did search before some questions :) I just got off the phone with my guide and i ended up purchasing 163 points at SSR with a use date of oct.1st. '06 points were given to me as well. got the $10.00 discount per point and two annual passes. direct monthly withdrawl payments with disney financing @ 10.75% with a term of 10yrs. and annual dues payed annually so the money can continue to earn 5% in a savings account untill dues are payed. closing costs were 201.59 I plan on getting either a disney chase card or a different card that earns airline miles (any suggestions) since i live in AZ. i will put the 10% down on the card and hopefully transfer my monthly mortgage withdrawls/payments to the new card so i can start earning some rewards. anyways, sorry for the long post but i know some new guy/girl will find it helpful since i appreciated all the very simple posts with specifics a week ago when i was lost. once again, THANKS TO ALL U DISBOARD MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JOHN

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:hug:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I'm not a member yet so I don't know if I can say WELCOME HOME yet
But I'm so happy for you!!!
Yes all your inquiries are helping those of us still searching.:cheer2: :cheer2:

Congrats potential neighbor!

I have a question for you... I am working on a similar deal as you for SSR - $91/pt. for 175 pts (might go to 200), 10.75% 10 year financing, '06 points included, October UY, etc. Except, I wasn't offered the 2 AP's. How did you manage to get those?

Also, a general question for all. If most of my trips will be in the late August-early Sept. time frame, with a few Feb. trips thrown in, is an October UY OK? Is this something I can negotiate with my guide?

Congrats potential neighbor!

I have a question for you... I am working on a similar deal as you for SSR - $91/pt. for 175 pts (might go to 200), 10.75% 10 year financing, '06 points included, October UY, etc. Except, I wasn't offered the 2 AP's. How did you manage to get those?

Also, a general question for all. If most of my trips will be in the late August-early Sept. time frame, with a few Feb. trips thrown in, is an October UY OK? Is this something I can negotiate with my guide?

I would think you would want a June UY for those dates.

It gives you a lot more time to rebook if you have a cancelation. I don't know if you can negotiate that UY with your guide.

HTH.

Rich

the two ap are only offered to people who visit and purchase from the california location. good luck!!!

Thanks guys. I'm supposed to call my guide tomorrow to finalize some things. I'll mention both the AP's & the June UY to him. I'll let you know what happens.

This board looks cool. Looks like a lot of nice people are here.

...annual dues payed annually so the money can continue to earn 5% in a savings account untill dues are payed.
You might want to consider paying the dues monthly. You have the option to pay the dues in full in January every year or pay them in 12 monthly installments at no additional charge. Monthly payments must be paid electronically from your bank account so you'll lose any rewards you might have earned by paying by credit card. However by spreading the payments out over the year, you get to keep the balance in the bank over the course of the year.

If you like to go in late Aug/early Sep, Oct would not be a good UY for you. It's best to have a UY that starts just before your primary travel dates. That way, if you ever need to cancel one of those trips, you will still be early in your UY and have plenty of time to book another trip with those points or bank 100% of them. If you are pretty sure you wouldn't be going in June or July, then an Aug UY would work pretty very well for you. With an Aug UY, your 100% banking deadline would be Jan 31st. In order to bank points freed up from a cancelled reservation, the reservation must be cancelled at least 31 days prior to check in. So if you had to cancel a Feb trip and did so at least 31 days prior to check in, you would still be within your 100% banking deadline.

CONGRATULATIONS!! I know you did your research and that is great.

WELCOME HOME!!!

Congratulations!! and Welcome Home!!!

We love SSR, it is a beautiful resort, you will be very happy, enjoy!!

If you like to go in late Aug/early Sep, Oct would not be a good UY for you. It's best to have a UY that starts just before your primary travel dates. That way, if you ever need to cancel one of those trips, you will still be early in your UY and have plenty of time to book another trip with those points or bank 100% of them. If you are pretty sure you wouldn't be going in June or July, then an Aug UY would work pretty very well for you. With an Aug UY, your 100% banking deadline would be Jan 31st. In order to bank points freed up from a cancelled reservation, the reservation must be cancelled at least 31 days prior to check in. So if you had to cancel a Feb trip and did so at least 31 days prior to check in, you would still be within your 100% banking deadline.

LisaS Thanks so much for your post.:wave2:
I'm still new at this and this is the best explanation of how to pick a use year
I've read.
:wizard:

I echo tea pot. Thanks Lisa for the explaination. I called my guide and he agreed that an Oct. UY would not be the best for Aug/Sept. travel. They do have some leeway in selling UY, but he can't go BACK in months. The best he could do is December. I guess if I do have to cancel an August trip, December would at least give me SOME time to try to reschedule another one.

Oh, and my apologies to jvincent for hijacking his thread. Congrats once again! Maybe I'll see you around the pool sometime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter