Finding a Mickey Waffle

Again Allears only lists "waffle." I found a very old review mentioning Simba and Mickey waffles, but the newer ones just don't mention the waffle shape specifically.
Odd. They had the classic Mickey waffles when I was there. It was my first one ever and so good.

Odd. They had the classic Mickey waffles when I was there. It was my first one ever and so good.

That's good to know. With a Dis name like yours, you can understand the search. That would make my DH's Dis name "hereforthemickeywaffle" He's not a huge Disney fan and just tolerates me. On our last night of a trip 12 years ago, he looked at me puzzled and said "aren't we going to have a Mickey waffle this trip???" I got on it and made an ADR for the next morning. We have them every trip now and I asked what he'd like to do this year's trip and his answer...eat a Mickey Waffle. I'll happily make his "wishes come true" in exchange for the rest of the trip.

1900 Park Fare not only has Mickey Waffles, it has bananas foster sauce to top them, plus made-to-order fresh eggs and omelettes, smoked salmon, strawberry soup and the Mad Hatter. :)

I would pick Ohana over Chef Mickeys. Ohana is nice that it is served family style rather than buffet.

I agree, except doesn’t Ohana serve Stitch waffles sometimes? I’m not sure if you get Stitch & Mickey, just Stitch or just Mickey. We haven’t been to Ohana breakfast in a while.

(As you can tell by my Dis name, this is a topic near and dear to my heart!)

Anyone know about Trails End Buffet? I've eaten there too, but can't remember. Allears is reporting Mickey waffles but hasn't updated that menu since 2016.

Hopefully they do because I was banking on that restaurant to get my mickey waffle fix in March as a buffet option and NO characters. They are listed on the official menu on the disney world website.

Hopefully they do because I was banking on that restaurant to get my mickey waffle fix in March as a buffet option and NO characters. They are listed on the official menu on the disney world website.

I've been looking at the official wdw site and what they show for mickey waffles, interesting it does appear on Trails End menu, Boma lists only "waffle" (non-committal), and 1900 Park Fare shows Mickey Waffle as a Kid's Selection. What I found odd is that 1900 Park Fare menu said "Kid's items are for 9 years old and under." Isn't this a buffet? I know that these buffets will have lower sections with many items designed for kids to visit, but as a buffet, the kids can visit the "adult" area and adults can visit the "kids" area, and I have! I just found that odd on the 1900 page, as it didn't appear on the other buffet menus I read.

I agree, except doesn’t Ohana serve Stitch waffles sometimes? I’m not sure if you get Stitch & Mickey, just Stitch or just Mickey. We haven’t been to Ohana breakfast in a while.

(As you can tell by my Dis name, this is a topic near and dear to my heart!)

There you go—an expert answer. ;)

Whatever kind of waffles that Ohana is serving is probably the best thing served at their breakfast. I don’t like most of the food there. The eggs, sausage and potatoes are horrible.

I've been looking at the official wdw site and what they show for mickey waffles, interesting it does appear on Trails End menu, Boma lists only "waffle" (non-committal), and 1900 Park Fare shows Mickey Waffle as a Kid's Selection. What I found odd is that 1900 Park Fare menu said "Kid's items are for 9 years old and under." Isn't this a buffet? I know that these buffets will have lower sections with many items designed for kids to visit, but as a buffet, the kids can visit the "adult" area and adults can visit the "kids" area, and I have! I just found that odd on the 1900 page, as it didn't appear on the other buffet menus I read.

Anyone can take anything from the buffets. You are correct that the children’s buffet is set up on a lower serving counter to accommodate their shorter statures. The food selection is geared toward children’s tastes, but everyone is welcome to it, and kids are welcome to choose from the “adult” selections.

As mentioned above, 1900 Park Fare. I'm sure I've gotten Mickey Waffles from there. Their breakfast is great and the Mad Hatter is a great character interaction (also Alice, Pooh, Tigger, and Mary Poppins).

There you go—an expert answer. ;)

Whatever kind of waffles that Ohana is serving is probably the best thing served at their breakfast. I don’t like most of the food there. The eggs, sausage and potatoes are horrible.

I just looked at my pic of the Ohana breakfast platter and we had both mickey and stitch waffles.

The DIS provides a great search engine where you can filter by dish http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm

• (Breakfast)
    Supercalifragilistic Breakfast - Mickey Waffles with Old-fashioned Syrup, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Buttery Mashed Potatoes, Assorted Pastries, Bacon

(Price range: $18.00-$25.00) - $0.00 (Childrens Menu Item)
Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House

• Entree/Main Course (Breakfast)
    Character Breakfast Buffet. - Traditional breakfast fare buffet with unique and Flavorful African influence. Spit-Roasted Bone-in Ham; Spiced Corn Beef Hash with Cornbread Topping; Scrambled Eggs; Mickey Waffles; Potato and Leek Frittata; Ham and Cheese Frittata; Beef Bobotie; Seasonal Vegetable Quiche; Oven-roasted Red Skin Potatoes; Coconut-Sweet Potato Casserole; Basmati Rice with Lemon, Cinnamon, and Cardamon; Sweet Plantains; Sweet and Spicy Honey Mustard; Cheese Blintz with Cheery or Apple Topping; Tater Tot Potatoes; Bacon; Sausage Patties; Warm Maple Syrup; Whipped Butter; Froot Loops; Rice Crispies; Mealie Pap; Oatmeal; Raisins; Biscuits; Sausage Gravy; Raisin Bran; Frosted Flakes; Granola; Lemon- Poppyseed Bread; Assorted Yogurts; Cantaloupe, Pineapple, Honeydew, Watermelon, Bananas, and Grapes; Cottage Cheese, Vegetable Cream Cheese; Plain Cream Cheese; Jams, Jellies, and Fruit Chutneys; Whole Grain Breads; Orange Bread; Cornbread; Banana Bread; Coffee Cake; Glazed Donut Holes; Mealie Cornbread; Apple Turnovers; Strawberry Turnover; Mini Plain Crossaints; Mini Chocolate Crossaints; Warm Cinnamon Rolls; Fruit Cobbler; Banana-Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce. Beverages include orange juice, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate milk and soda. Children's menu available upon request (Ages 3-9 - $15.99) - $0.00
Hollywood and Vine

Child's Disney Junior Play & Dine Breakfast Buffet - For Guests ages 3-9 - Mickey Waffles, Pancakes, Potato Tots

(Price range: $18.00-$25.00) - $0.00 (Childrens Menu Item)
Olivia's Cafe

Mickey Waffle - Mickey Waffles served with Syrup and Butter served with choice of Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani® Water, or Small Minute Maid® Apple Juice - $7.00 (Childrens Menu Item)
PCH Grill

Breakfast with Mickey and Friends Buffet - All you care to eat buffet to include an Omelet station, Delicious flatbreads, Mickey Waffles, Mini Churros, Smoothies, Parfait Station, Chilaquiles, smoked salmon and much more. - $25.99
    Entree/Main Course (Breakfast)
    Breakfast with Mickey and Friends Buffet - All you care to eat buffet to include an Omelet station, Delicious flatbreads, Mickey Waffles, Mini Churros, Smoothies, Parfait Station, Chilaquiles, smoked salmon and much more. - $13.99 (Childrens Menu Item)
Pepper Market Food Court

Kids Mickey Waffles - 2 Belgium style Mickey Waffles with Fruit Compote and choice of Meat - $6.49 (Childrens Menu Item)
    Mickey Waffles - 4 Belgium style Mickey Waffles with Fruit Compote and choice of Meat - $9.99
Siesta's Cantina

Kids Waffles - Two Mickey Waffles, with your choice of Bacon or Sausage - $5.29 (Childrens Menu Item)
    Adult Waffle - Large Mickey Waffle, with your choice of Bacon or Sausage - $8.49
The Artist's Palette

Mickey Waffles - Two Mini Mickey Waffles, Bacon and Grapes. Includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Water - $6.49 (Childrens Menu Item)
    Mickey Waffles - Three Mini Mickey Waffles and Bacon - $8.49
    Bounty Breakfast Platter - Scrambled Eggs, Mini Mickey Waffles, Bacon, Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit - $11.49
Trail's End Restaurant

Breakfast Buffet -

Scrambled Eggs, Sausage and Bacon, Breakfast Pizza, Breakfast Hash, Mickey Waffles, Eggs Benedict, Biscuits and Sausage Gravy, Specialty Country Pork Dish, French Toast-Custard Pudding, Cheese Grits, Oatmeal, Yogurt Parfait Station, Freshly-baked Pastries, Vegetable Frittata

(Price range: $15.00-$28.00) - $0.00

You can buy a mickey waffle maker off Amazon, and make mickey waffles wherever you are staying. That meets all four of your criteria, and would definitely be the cheapest way to go (especially if you're staying in a DVC room). :duck:

Funny, CraigInPA, I already own one! :rotfl2: Yes, we already make them at home. Now we need to eat one there.

But it only makes Mickey Shaped waffles not true WDW Mickey Waffles. Most of the machines I've seen make something closer to a Mickey shaped pancake. I think you need an industrial waffle maker running on a 220 volt line. You also need the correct mix which I think is this.

https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Malte..._rd_wg=0azF7&refRID=6MGJ3W9GVV6CDDEDM1X8&th=1

I have a true Belgian waffle maker and have used this mix and its not even close. I think its needs to cook then super hot and fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter