Finger Scan - 10 Day Pass

jessie2

Mouseketeer
Hi

Can someone explain the finger scan procedure when using a 10 day pass please.

Thanks

:D Jessie

I maybe completely and utterly wrong, but I thought the finger scan was for AP's only.

Worth a BUMP anyhow to get a definitive answer.

Well I did hear a rumour that the finger scan was used for the 10 day pass, but I've never used it myself, and really don't know for sure either way, hopefully someone who's used one can confirm or deny. But, no matter - I'll explain the finger scan anyhow :D

It's really very very simple...when you walk up to the barrier, on the right hand side, you pop your ticket in as usual and then put you first and second finger in the reader, on either side of a little bit of metal (think V for Victory, hehehe), you then squeeze your fingers together gently so that you are pressing up against the metal thing for about 2 seconds. The first time you use the ticket, you don't do anything different to activate it - it just takes note of the first reading and uses that as the template for any other times you enter a park. There is a little diagram on the machine showing you what to do, but there is also the CM there to help you out if need be as well.

Easy peasy - if it won't read for some reason, then you just need to show some ID and then they'll reset the pass again (occasionally happens, but usually only with AP's when some time has passed since the original reading). Also, because of the biometrics scan, you don't need to bother having your hand stamped when leaving the park - unless you want to :D

Penny :D

We had to use the finger scan last year with a 10 day pass - didn't find it to be a problem though.

we had to use the finger scan for the 10 day pass last month. Took us both completely by surprise as we thought it was only for the APs

One Tip: Write your name on the pass, because on the 2nd day we had no idea which was Phil's pass and which was mine, and therefore our scan's didn't match up. ID is no help at this point, as the tickets don't have names on them. Luckily, the CM said it happened all the time, so he reset the scan's and had us put our names on the tickets. Phil had no bother after that, but I struggled everytime to get my fingers in the right place - I think I was standing in the wrong place when I had the first scan, so then I had to try and recreate that strange scan each time.

Bev

Good point Bev! I didn't think about names...AP's have the peoples names printed on the back.

Penny :D

Thanks for the info everyone.

Off to bookmark this for future visits.

I didn't realise this, either, and we have 10 day tickets for our trip in October. I'll have to remember to fore-warn everyone in the group!

Penny - I didn't realise about not having to have a hand-stamp if you have an AP (or any other pass requiring the finger scan). It makes prefect sense now that you've pointed it out, but then we like getting the stamp anyway ;)

Do childred have to do the finger scan as well?

Sounds like a nightmare with a 7 and 4 year old. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter