(Finished 2/12/11)DCL is Not Just for Kids: 11/11/10 3 Day Wonder

The first thing we always do when we get on board is head right to the buffet. Nothing like that first lunch on DCL! We decided to head to Beach Blanket and it was perfect. Not crowded at all with plenty of seats inside and out. I think the selection of food used to be better, but I still enjoy it!

2364.jpg

2366.jpg

2365.jpg

Now that we have full stomachs we decided to head to our favorite place on the ship! The Quiet Cove Pool is so fantastic. They do a great job at keeping the kids away from this area, and it really is a great place to relax, work on your tan, and read a good book.

Here is the sign as you enter the pool. The cast members do enforce the rule, and I have even seen them card adults who look like they may be under 18. Of course, there is always that one family that thinks the rule does not apply to them, but like I said the cast members are usually pretty on top of it.
2368.jpg

How could you not love this?
2369.jpg

Even Mickey wants to spend time here!

2370.jpg

2367.jpg

We brought our suits on with us and changed in the bathroom by the spa. Then we set up our chairs to relax for a few hours before we had our DIS meet and the sail away party. Of course we had to enjoy a delicious frozen beverage! My favorite is the Pina CoLava!!

At 1:30 we went down to the room to drop off our stuff. Our luggage was already there and waiting for us! I took a few pictures before we unpacked. I was surprised at what a nice size the inside cabin was. The mirror on the wall also helped it to look bigger. I really love the split bathroom too. Especially with two ladies getting ready! It is easy to stay out of the way! This room also had a double trunk which was fantastic!

2371.jpg

2372.jpg

2373.jpg

2376.jpg

After a nice relaxing time at the pool we headed to our meet. It is always so great even when you are not doing FEs to meet up with the DIS people. We always seem to meet really nice people and you feel like you know people on the ship!

Up Next.... Sail away, dinner, and tablemates!!

Your friend Sara is such a cutie - she reminds me of my sister's friend, who is also a teacher, in CA. :) Looks like you girls are ready to get the party started! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!

She is really great! I'm just glad her husband lets her come with me! I think my obsession for DCL has rubbed off!!

Hi, Jenn and Sara! Good to see that you got to go on another cruise. Great report thus far, and love the pictures!!!

It's hard to believe that it has been almost 6 months since we did the double-dip. Then again, we're about half way to Alaska...patiently waiting on DCL to announce the excursion list.

Keep the report coming...again, great job, and good to hear that the two of you are doing well!!! :thumbsup2

--Drew

Hi, Jenn and Sara! Good to see that you got to go on another cruise. Great report thus far, and love the pictures!!!

It's hard to believe that it has been almost 6 months since we did the double-dip. Then again, we're about half way to Alaska...patiently waiting on DCL to announce the excursion list.

Keep the report coming...again, great job, and good to hear that the two of you are doing well!!! :thumbsup2

--Drew

Thanks Drew!! Sara and I are hooked on DCL for sure!

It is hard to believe it has been almost 6 months. I feel like we were just on the double-dip. I really want to do another double dip on the Dream.

Alaska!! I am so jealous! You guys will have such a great time!

Nice hearing from you :)

After a nice relaxing afternoon we headed to our drill. After 8 cruises I think I am pretty much an expert at this. Maybe once you hit platinum they can make a new rule that you don’t have to go !! We always have to have a least one picture in these lovely orange vests.
2375-1.jpg

One of my most favorite parts of the Disney Cruise is the Sail Away Party. It is then you really feel like your vacation has begun. I always try to sit right in front of the bar at the Goofy pool. There is a little wall that gives you a great view of the party. I’m pretty sure that it has been the same exact party every time I have cruised. I always hope for a little bit of a change. Maybe on the Dream!

2377.jpg

2378-1.jpg

2379-1.jpg

2380-1.jpg

After the party we head back to the room to get ready for dinner. I enjoy the dinner dress code and wish that Disney would enforce it more. I don’t get to dress up too often, so I enjoy being able to put on a dress every once in a while. I guess everyone is different, as I know my Dad would rather be in shorts and t-shirts on vacation. This cruise we were definitely more relaxed and dressed more casually, but like I said I enjoy wearing a dress every once in a while!

After we got dressed for dinner, we went up stairs for some pictures and a before dinner cocktail. We really enjoy the promenade lounge to sit and have a drink! The bartenders are always so nice and we always have such a nice time relaxing before dinner.

2382.jpg

I didn’t do a very good job of taking pictures at our first night of dinner. I totally forgot! Maybe it was the glasses of wine I had before! Ha ha!! Not really, I just got so excited to eat the delicious food that I forgot to take the pictures! Here are a few pics of the menus and the beef that both Sara and I got! It was amazing!!!

2385-1.jpg

2384-1.jpg

2383-1.jpg

I always love going to dinner and meeting our new tablemates. We have really lucked out the last few cruises. We ended up sitting with two friends from NY and a married couple from Florida. They were really awesome and we really enjoyed spending time with them!

Up Next: Early to bed and Day # 2

That is a great tip about sitting in front of the Goofy bar for the Sail Away Party. You really had a fantatic view! :thumbsup2

I wish I would have taken a pic of the area I am talking about. It is so nice because have a great view and you can sit and enjoy the party!

I wish I would have taken a pic of the area I am talking about. It is so nice because have a great view and you can sit and enjoy the party!

I was actually going to send you a PM...were you actually sitting at the bar? My DD is 18 yo, so I just need to position myself in a place she is allowed to be! :goodvibes It's our very first cruise ever, so I LOVE good tips! :thumbsup2

I was actually going to send you a PM...were you actually sitting at the bar? My DD is 18 yo, so I just need to position myself in a place she is allowed to be! :goodvibes It's our very first cruise ever, so I LOVE good tips! :thumbsup2

We were right in front of the bar. It is a little wall area between the two hot tubs. I will have to look at my other cruise pics and see if I can find a picture!!

So we finished dinner around 9:30 and we usually like to go back to the room, change, and head to Wave Bands for the entertainment. I never seem to make it for the scavenger hunt part, but I love the Newlywed Game. Sara and I headed back to our room and the ship was pretty rough. I have sailed on Disney in January, February, April, June, July, September, and now November and this was by far the worst weather we have had for the ship rocking. Sara and I decided to lay down and watch a little TV. Next thing I know it is 12:00 and I am still in bed with my dress on. Needless to say there was no going out for us! Must be the 30s that really tire you out! LOL!

Our next stop was Nassau. After being on a few cruises I could do without the stop to Nassau. A cruise to Castaway would be just fine with me! We always stay on the ship. So we slept in a bit and got up and dressed for breakfast around 10:00. We went to Parrot Cay. It was a really great selection of food, but of course being new to this trip report thing I forgot to take pictures!

We then headed to the pool for a bit of rest and relaxation. (This is pretty much our goal when we go on cruises... and to get a great tan!) Unfortunately the weather in Nassau is usually pretty crappy. It was cloudy all morning and then the sun finally came out for about an hour. With the sun came the new ship from RC called Oasis of the Sea and with that ship came the most horrible smell I have ever smelled in my life. Every time the wind blew we got this whiff of odor that I can't even describe. We tried to put up with it, but it was just so horrible. We decided to grab some lunch at the quick service stations. I love the sandwiches and wraps and of course the Disney french fries. After we ate we got some soft serve and headed down to the room to get dressed for Martini Tasting!! (Tip: We love soft sever on a cone, but DCL only has cones at Castaway. The last few times we brought our own, and had many people ask where we got them. On our five day in June we passed them out as Fish Extender Gifts!)

Sara and I have always wanted to do one of the tastings so Martini sounded like a great one. Boy was it ever. Please be warned that I can not take full responsibility for the pictures that are about to come. I will blame that on the bartender that let us make one last martini to go! :) We really had a great time!

The tasting took place in Diversions!
2387.jpg

So we start with these placemats that tell us what we will be drinking today. (Fun game… How many mistakes can you find on the paper?) They all sound pretty good, minus the Classic Gin Martini. I am not a fan of olives.
2388.jpg

We sit down and the bartender begins to explain how it will all work. They then collect your tickets (we prepaid at Guest Services) and begin to hand out the martinis.
2389.jpg

Sara before the drinking begins.
2390.jpg

Me before.
2391.jpg

We are starting to feel great!
2392.jpg

2393.jpg

Notice the table behind me is no longer there. They were on a mission to do all the tastings for the day so they had to rush to get to dinner. I think that was a good decision on their part!

Here is a shot of the inside of Diversions. It really is a fun place. They have a bunch of board games and always a little buffet of delicious food. Chips with salsa, wings, hot dogs, vegetables, and a few other items.
2394.jpg

We finished our tasting, but we were each given the bartenders special lemon martini. It was really delicious. He said he is the only one on the ship who makes it. Then he let each lady in the room create one martini of their own. He even pulled a few more liquors out for us. I made a pomegranate martini and Sara made a white chocolate one. They were both super delicious! Out of all the martinis I think the Chocolatetini and Raspberry were my favorite. I was actually surprised as much as I hate olives the Gin Martini was pretty good, even when they added more olive juice.

I would highly recommend Martini Tasting. It was really fun, we met some really nice people, and had great conversation. Everyone gets friendly after a few martinis right?

So, we had about an hour before dinner. As I said before I usually like to put a dress on for dinner, but Sara and I decided since most people were going casual and it was pirate night we would stay with what we had on. So off we went to take some fun pictures around the ship and maybe have one more drink. This is the result. Lol!!
2396.jpg

One of our great sets of tablemates!!
2397.jpg

2398.jpg

2401.jpg

2402.jpg

2404.jpg

2405.jpg

Before heading to dinner we took our nightly stop at the Promenade Lounge. We really do love it here and always enjoy a few drinks! Martini anyone?
2399.jpg

2400.jpg

Up Next: Dinner, Pirate Party, and Karaoke!!

(Tip: We love soft sever on a cone, but DCL only has cones at Castaway. The last few times we brought our own, and had many people ask where we got them. On our five day in June we passed them out as Fish Extender Gifts!)

This is a great tip! Cones! Who'd've thunk it!
THANKS!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter