(Finished 2/12/11)DCL is Not Just for Kids: 11/11/10 3 Day Wonder

Hi! I'm subbing in - can't wait to see the rest! :thumbsup2 We are adults sailing on the Wonder in April, so I'm enjoying reading about your cruise - just getting the anticipation going!:woohoo:

After all this fun it was time for dinner! Tonight we would be eating at Parrot Cay. We normally skip this restaurant and go to Palo, but we thought we would do all three restaurants on this cruise. We really enjoyed our dinner this night. Here are some pictures of our delicious food!

Tuna
2408.jpg

Crab Dip
2409.jpg

I forget what type of fish, but I really liked it
2410.jpg

2411.jpg

This cheesecake was so good!!
2412.jpg

We then headed back to our room to make a drink and found this cute towel animal. I love when they make these.

2417.jpg

We headed up to the top deck to enjoy the Pirate Party. I have seen this show 7 times now and still love it, but would like to see some updated music. I am anxious to see how they have changed it on the Dream. Only 35 more days and the wait will be over. I guess since I have seen it so many times I did not take any pictures. But here are a few from the buffet. I am always so full and never get a chance to eat from this buffet, but boy did it look delicious!
2435.jpg

2436.jpg

2437.jpg

2438.jpg

The Quiet Cove pool is great at night. They have music playing and it is just a great place to relax.

2419.jpg

2418.jpg

We then decided to head down the Wave Bands and check out the karaoke. We usually do this on every cruise and every once in a blue moon I will give karaoke a try. Usually we have a great time but after 3 cruises with DJ Frankie I had enough. He plays the worst music and is so rude. I asked him to play a very popular song at the time and he looked at me like I was crazy and was like “I don’t even know what song you are talking about.” Then they were begging for people to sing and I went up to ask if he had a song and he held his finger up in my face and gave me a dirty look and then took his sweet time to even acknowledge that I was asking him a question. Every time I fill out a comment card and tell DCL they need a new DJ, but no luck. I sure miss the days with Hollywood aka Clayton!!! Anyway… off of that…. We did enjoy listening to the people sing and laughing at some of the silly songs! Wave Bands always ends up being a good time and the end of the night dancing is great when you have good songs!

Now to my favorite part of a Disney CruiseCastaway Cay!!!!! There is no better place in the world! I really wish they would build a hotel so I could stay there for a month at a time!

We got up early and made our way up to the buffet. It was a beautiful day! The sun was shining and I knew we were going to have some prime tanning time! We ate a quick breakfast and then headed off the ship.
2445.jpg

2446.jpg

2447.jpg

2448.jpg

2449.jpg

We were at Castaway in June and since then there were a lot of changes. They had new trams, new pick up locations and drop offs, and the whole new area where Cookies Too was open! We made our way over to the adult beach. We usually spend almost the whole day here, but because of the bad weather the beach was destroyed and the water was not clear at all. It was hard to even put chairs anywhere because the sand was a huge hill. We ended up heading over to the new area and it was amazing. We did not get in the water because it was FREEZING, but we laid in the sun and took it all in! I really loved this new area. There were tons of chairs and the beach was nice a flat! It made for a great afternoon and the Heads Up Bar was right by to grab a few drinks.
2450.jpg

2451.jpg

2452.jpg

2453.jpg

2454.jpg

More of the best place on Earth!!

2455.jpg

2456.jpg

2457.jpg

2458.jpg

A picture of one of the new trams

2460.jpg

We headed to Cookies To for lunch! It was really good... but PLEASE bring back the chocolate chip cookie dough soft serve!! Ha ha!

2461.jpg

2462.jpg

2463.jpg

More sun time!

2464.jpg

2465.jpg

2467.jpg

2470.jpg

2472.jpg

We try to stay until the very last minute!
2473.jpg

It was time to get back on the ship. This is such a sad time of day for me. It is like I know my cruise is coming to an end. I decided that is why I enjoy the double dip cruises so much. You start with Castaway so the first time you leave you have a whole 4 days left!! It makes it much easier to leave!

2477.jpg

Taking down the Flying Dutchman
2478.jpg

After a long day we were ready for some room service. We ordered a few different things and enjoyed a nice nap with a full belly!

Cheese plate
2480.jpg

Quesadilla Salad
2481.jpg

BLT
2482.jpg

I always enjoy the room service food. I feel like we are always eating on the cruise so we miss out on room service so I was excited to find some time to order some this cruise.

After our nap we spent some time shopping, looking at pictures, and having a drink in the Promenade Lounge! Then it was off to dinner one last time. We really loved our tablemates and had such a great time with them!

Tonight we were at Tritans! I always have a great meal here! I was excited for the lobster mac and cheese, but it was just OK. Everything else was really delicious!!

2484.jpg

2485.jpg

2486.jpg

2487.jpg

2488.jpg

2011.jpg

Having fun at dinner!
2012.jpg

So our goal was to head back to Wave Bands, but we were so tired from our day in the sun. We decided to head up to the Cove Cafe with our iPad and Nook and get in some reading time. It was so relaxing! As we got close to Florida the seas really started to get rough. It was horrible. I have never felt anything like this. We went back to the room because we were both starting to feel a bit sick, but it just keep getting worse. I think I had the worst night sleep I have ever had. It was like being on the Tower of Terror dopping and your stomach staying at the top. I think I finally fell asleep at
4am. Here is where we did our reading!
2014.jpg

We got up, headed to breakfast, and made our way off the ship. It was a great cruise and I am looking forward to my next one!

2015.jpg

2016.jpg

Those pictures of CC are just gorgeous. I can't wait to set foot on it in a few weeks. And the food pictures....well lets just say I am hungry now.

Wait a minute...you said taking down the flying Dutchman...is it still there?

These pics were taken in November. They were taking it down then.

When I'm having a bad day I like to look at Castaway Cay pictures. It makes everything better!

UGH!!! As soon as I read it here, I went and made a post asking about it. I was so bummed. I guess they took it down because it was detiorating. I'm sad, since that was one thing I REALLY wanted to get a picture of.

I am so glad you finished your TR! :thumbsup2 Great photos, and it looks like you had tons of fun! :woohoo:

It only took me 3 months!! :woohoo: I kept meaning to do it, but I just could not find the time!

We really did have a great time. Now I'm heading to the Dream in 35 days and it will be my first Disney Cruise with a child. I am anxious to see how it compares!

UGH!!! As soon as I read it here, I went and made a post asking about it. I was so bummed. I guess they took it down because it was detiorating. I'm sad, since that was one thing I REALLY wanted to get a picture of.

A lot of people were upset about it. I keep thinking they will add something even better to replace it! Wishful thinking!

A lot of people were upset about it. I keep thinking they will add something even better to replace it! Wishful thinking!

I have seen rumors now that they may bring something...eventually...from the new pirates movies there

Thanks for your report and the great pics!:thumbsup2 I could just feel the relaxation, which is why we adults cruise, right? I am getting so ready!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter